It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones legit? Or a well placed TPTB pawn?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I followed Alex Jones for over a year a few years ago, back when he was only being invited to RT news channel. Personally I think he's a bit of a fear mongerer, but most of his points are valid and have some type of proof or paperwork behind it.

However I have seen a lot of conspiracies about this conspiracy-man that he's a TBTP puppet, who's giving his millions of followers misinformation so that they're not prepared for whatever New World Order global takeover that's coming.

I believe in some of the stuff he says; agenda 21, placing ppl in cities and making most of America unaccessible through nature areas or w/e they're called, vaccines, New World Order groups meeting in secret(hell they've met in a fancy hotel in my hometown of Ottawa, rented out the whole place like they were ballers lol, security n everything), etc.

I don't believe he's a TBTP puppet for many reasons, but the more recent reason that comes to mind is the fact that he doesn't blame Obama for the future gun grab, because he's said on many occasions that Obama is just the cover man, it's the ppl who bank roll him that are actually to blame.

So what do the people of ATS think, legit or pawn?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
why ask a question that cannot be answered...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I would never under any circumstance use Alex Jones as a source for information.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GokuVsSuperman0

If you need to ask, you didn't pay attention to him.
Good thing too because "Scare em all Al Jones" is a schill.
He makes a living out of fearmongering.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

He's horrible, whatever it is he is.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Alex jones is just an angry patriot, that sometimes let his feelings take over, resulting in some outbursts.

He is harmless to the public, but maybe not as harmless to the U.S Government, since it is their manure he always puts on display for all to see.

He is real, that´s why he is so popular.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

He's a self obsessed personal super hero.

In his mind he's fighting injustice, crime and standing up for the American way.

But in reality... it's noise, like a batman cartoon echoing in the other room.

He's funny. But only if you take what he says as fantasy.

You know, fantasy is based on reality... Without the reality, it would not be fantastic.

So he has points raised. But what he does with them is not something any other marketing genius wouldn't do.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I used to listen to AJ about 10 years ago, and I found him crazy and over the top, and detached from reality. For the record, that is also about the time in my life when I thought that I was a Republican... I get nauseous just thinking about that
Anyway, fast forward to about 2008, and I started getting more Libertarian by the day, and I started looking at the world and America through different colored glasses and I realized that a lot of what I used to hear on the AJ show had come to pass, and so I started listening to him again. He seems to be right for the most part, although I will admit that he tends to embellish when it suits him. I also question some of his news articles... they tend to be from off the wall sources. My Dad has always said that there is just enough truth to AJ to scare people. I believe that he is a genuine guy and that he believes what he is saying. I don't think that he is a disinfo agent or a puppet of the NWO. I think he is real, and he wears his emotion and passion on his sleeve, and is obviously misunderstood by the average person out there who thinks everything is going to be OK. To sum up, I think that AJ is a good guy, and he means well. I think that he has woken a lot of people up and that he is very brave for what he says and does.
edit on 24-1-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

As opposed to legit or not can I say hes necessary? lol

As to his true legitness I suspect hes a good hearted individual whos blackmailed into a corner and just continues trucking on. There are certain issues that Alex doesn't like to mention about TPTB.

But do I think he has allegiance or something along those lines to one of the many faction of TPTB? No I suspect Blackmail or some complicated type of situation. Apparently his wife has interesting connections. And I've heard rumors of Alex not liking to talk about the Jesuit priests much.

But is Alex Jones a disinformation agent? My verdict is No.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I'd recommend people like Noam Chomsky or John Pilger.

I think you will find these individuals expose more corruption of government than anything Alex Jones could ever pretend too. However they do take a fairly, logical and well reasoned approach to there thinking, I understand this is not for everyone.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think he's a legitimate annoying idiot.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
reply to post by NeoVain

I'd recommend people like Noam Chomsky or John Pilger.

I think you will find these individuals expose more corruption of government than anything Alex Jones could ever pretend too. However they do take a fairly, logical and well reasoned approach to there thinking, I understand this is not for everyone.

I find myself disagreeing far too much with Noam Chomskys "logical" conclusions, they seem aimed at fooling the gullible or semi-intellectual, most of the time. Noam Chomsky may be a shill. A good one.

But i don´t like him.
edit on 24-1-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

What made you think he was a shill?, and I do understand there is somewhat of a bias against him because he comes across as being intelligent so he must immediately be some sort of leftist liberal pseudo intellect, out to brainwash the middle classes, but here's something.

Here is a quote straight from Wikipedia with regards to Manufacturing Consent: The Political Economy of the Mass Media by Edward S.Herman and Chomsky,

......an analysis of the news media, arguing that the mass media of the United States "are effective and powerful ideological institutions that carry out a system-supportive propaganda function by reliance on market forces, internalized assumptions, and self-censorship, and without overt coercion"

You reckon this guy is a shill?

Im confused.

Here is a short 7minute video of Chomsky explaining to people why America IS NOT a democracy.

I really cannot fathom why anyone would wish to listen to someone, who I basicaly perceive to be a complete cretin like Alex Jones, over someone who has the intellectual capacity to conduct themselves in an intelligent and meaningful way.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

The difference between AJ and NC is mostly that AJ don´t supress his own feelings like NC does, he let them out, and that scares some "civilized" people that are afraid of emotions. They both have similar intellectual capacity i am sure, although Chomsky has polished up on his verbal language some more.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Well sorry I totaly disagree, I believe on an intellectual level Alex Jones is an imbecile, who does nothing more than dance for the cameras like the monkey the idiot masses need to see. If it were not for his seemingly never ending hunger for greed and to milk his niche market with radio and small scale dvd's and merchandising/advert revenue, no one would ever even knew he existed.

polished up on his verbal language some more.

LOL

Chomsky is a full professor in the Department of Modern Languages and Linguistics at MIT, where he has taught full time for over 50 years.

And his literary work IS VAST.

Read some of his works eh, you will learn far more about history, society and the world you live than you ever will listening to the lies of Alex Jones.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

You reckon this guy is a shill?

He's probably never listened to Chomsky. He repeats what his idiol Alex Jones tells him.

Read some of his works eh, you will learn far more about history, society and the world you live than you ever will listening to the lies of Alex Jones.

Alex Jones fans do not want to educate themselves, they want to be entertained. Reading is too much work.

edit on 25-1-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Alex Jones is only interested in furthering his own cause.

He is not what he appears to be. He is a professional provocateur, who's only beneficiary is himself. He is a professional jackass.

If you have seen many of his interviews and appearances they are largely a scripted rant by him, which makes makes any live discussion with him almost impossible.

He is a professional drama queen.

He stirs people up on purpose for his own financial gain. There is nothing more to his agenda than that.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The test of such a figure is how universal their appeal is or how far that message spreads even into libotard commonwealth nations. The fact is hardly any one has heard of AJ in countries like Australia or NZ the Piers Morgan appearance was the first msm gave him a mention and they labelled this guy the proverbial American gun toting redneck. AJ is for american ears only it seems. That is enough to make me question in his legitimacy in a world without media borders as the world is much bigger than just the US
edit on 28-1-2013 by Theprimordialocker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I personaly think he is working for the dark side, I have a hard time believing that he got into bohemian grove past the secret service and the local law enforcement and private security to film the cremation of care. This is were his career really took off and I think he was allowed to go and film this to gain credability and to be the wolf in sheeps clothing. He is allowed to use some truths so he can spread their dis-info like a good little NWO b!tch.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Alex Jones is just after lining his pockets by preying on the stupid. That is all. Sell them expensive gold and water filtration systems after he scares them half to death.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join