It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's will violate your First Amendment Right (GMO Protest)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Inghams is a major poultry company over here and I'm pretty sure they would be responsible for those chicken nuggets. We can buy the same in supermarkets and they aren't bad at all.

I don't know much about the Bakeries though, I do know there sauces, like most corporations come from Heinz or someone like that.. As for the beef, fries, fish, I wouldn't have a clue. But from what I remember, the Fillet o fish is an interesting looking speciman
Something about it doesn't seem right.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Come on. You're on their property dorking with their business. I'd have you hauled off immediately if you did not leave on your own. What did you hope to achieve?

You know I completely understand your throw-a-rock-at-the-hornets-nest approach?
It works, but only for yourself. Nobody cares. You can poke around and learn for yourself.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
So; did anybody else catch the heavy-set dark-skinned woman, that blatantly lied to me in the beginning, that she owned the store, and paid taxes on it?

Then at about 25-30 minutes into the video, she comes outside to tell the cops her store owner was on the phone....What a crock of # >.>

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Just as a point of order....regardless of whether your information was correct or not, Constitutional rights don't enter into the discussion of conduct inside a business (or a home, for that matter). The Constitution regulates the behavior of government (the First Amendment, in fact, explicitly limits its scope to Congress). McDonald's isn't Congress, and they aren't making law. They are asking a person who is being disruptive to their business to leave their property, and they are well within their rights to do so.

I'm not pointing this out to 'pile on' to the OP, or to be snide...there seem to be several wide-spread misconceptions about where and if the Constitution applies directly. Businesses 'violate' our Constitutional rights on a daily basis. How many businesses can you think of that don't allow firearms? How many use security cameras? How many ask (or even forcibly compel) troublesome patrons to leave? How do they get away with it? Because the Constitution doesn't apply to them.

Before this launches into a "Business is above the law" thread, that's not the case, either...there is a huge body of law governing business practice, but that's another story.

As others have said, if you really are determined to do this, then do it legally and politely...stay on public property, don't obstruct traffic, and in general, play nice. It's a surprisingly effective tactic.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

In the future, standing on the sidewalk will probably be my plan; however, this first time and trip, I really wanted to gauge the reaction from management about how much they really cared about people....

I've kinda lost a little faith in humanity, that someone could hear those things, and say what they said.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Be aware that just being around that place (smelling the aroma) you are being exposed to GMO's. They use soy bean oil to fry.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

So, instead of writing an email or calling a telephone number you decided to march in there and stir up trouble?

IMO you went there with every intention of having a confrontation, and I would have probably called the police on you as well.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
I've kinda lost a little faith in humanity, that someone could hear those things, and say what they said.

I kinda lost a little faith in humanity because of you. Nobody thinks McDonalds is health food. Let people be free to live their lives as they see fit.

In the end you are going to die just like those poor uninformed souls.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I give you credit for doing what you are doing, especially if it was done out of genuine concern for people, and not because you hate Mcdonalds. I'm sure that you are genuinely concerned though. The one thing that nags me though is that their premises are private property, thus they can actually ask you to leave without violating your Constitutional right to protest and speak freely. I do not know what you meant about lodging a complaint, but that does not really seem to be what you were doing, and if it was, you basically accomplished that goal already. The manager would not have listened to you or sent your complaint up the chain of command.

Trying to attack Mcdonalds from the inside, by going higher up than the store for example, is never going to get you anywhere. You should not have any contact with them at all in my opinion. Just focus on doing what you are doing. If you have a right to be there even if it is private property, then by all means do what you're doing. So ya, keep up the fight.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
McDonalds beef :Grade F but edible, you would probably get better cuts of meat from dog food. Gmo's are an American Horror story with far reaching consequences yet to be realized.
My Family and I try to avoid fast food at all cost even worse is the fact that baby formula contains more GMO ingredients than even fast food. over 90% of corn and soy containing products have GMO ingredients present- anything with corn syrup, corn oil, soybean, vegetable or canola oil are likely to contain Franken food. As do many supplements containing vitamin c as these products are often derived from corn. Check out genetic Roulette excellent book outlining all (about 50) studies that have been done on GMO foods- its disturbing actually devastating is a better word, I will be growing a large garden myself this year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join