It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robber's Change of Heart Inspires Clerk to Make Pizza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrandonD

What idiot would get shot by someone, be afraid of them, and STILL tell the cops not to press charges?

The only circumstances where that happens is in instances of spousal abuse and child abuse. It pretty much NEVER happens with regard to strangers.

Lots of people.. Or do you expect everyone to be like you, who cannot read?
My post even mentioned the exact situation this could happen in...

So for instance I knew at some point some dangerous people. What if you put someone away and then the next day someone shows up on your door step with four guys around back ready to take you out?

I was asking the guy who seems to be a former or current police officer.. I am trying to learn more how "they" my brothers think.. I don't want to hate cops and the media wants me to, so please let me ask a cop some questions.

I was asking about LEGALITY, not human behavior.

So again, can you deny charges even when some crazy bodily harm happens to you? I feel like this may have happened with Tupac a few times, but I don't know if it's legal, or the norm..
Ok?
edit on 1/25/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Poor family. With a 16 trillion dollar debt and climbing, you'd think hunger/shelter wouldn't even be an issue at all! All that money wasted and poverty still persists. I swear everything is backwards in this society.

I wonder if I cry at the bank and vent my tribulations, will they give me legal tender?
edit on 25-1-2013 by Abstruse because: Too big too fail

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

So again, can you deny charges even when some crazy bodily harm happens to you? I feel like this may have happened with Tupac a few times, but I don't know if it's legal, or the norm..
Ok?
edit on 1/25/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Dusty in state of Fl if you get shot, and wish to not press charges for attempt murder, or agg. Battery (whatever the circumstances are at the time) then the state attny will not pursue charges without a victim (the person who got shot)., unless that victim is one of domestic violence.

Now, if it's not a domestic violence case, and the victim who is shot declines prosecution, the State can still pursue other related charges (with the city or State now being the victim) on the shooter depending on what state laws or city ordinances were violated. Such as:

Discharge firearm within city limits.
Wreckless endangerment. (other people around could have been shot)
Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. (if the shooter is a felon)

..and so on...

Back on topic, I don't have enough detail on the OP incident to offer anything better than what I've already speculated. btw try not to hate all cops, judge them on a per individual bases, human nature fueled by the media will tend to make people lump another group of people into a single prejudgement. Having been homeless I know you can relate.
I, however, have dedicated my entire life, and still do, to help the homeless.

edit on 25-1-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ProperlyErrant

I don't think he is likely to do it again. If it wasn't really about hunger and he was desparate for money for drugs he wouldn't have taken the food option.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What exactly do you mean its a "different place" up here??

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by w810i

I mean that in a very positive way...

My wife is from Bozeman. It's a slower way of living and certainly what I found to be nicer and generally more open and decent people than in many other areas of the nation. Not just Montana. There are a few states in the Northern Rockies/Northern Plains I really enjoyed driving across for that reason as much as the trip without many headaches. I lived with her in Bozeman for a 6 month period though so got to know Montana a little better than the others I simply crossed in trucking.

If it wasn't for the brutal winters and what I saw from out of state folks moving en masse to some areas, I wouldn't mind retiring up there. Of course, that'd make me one of those latter people too I suppose. lol... As for the weather though. I made a stupid bet with her while living there that it wouldn't SNOW of all things, on the 4th of July. I was young..hadn't been around much back then. What did I know? Snow? July? Ha! Well... Yeah, she laughed alright as she took my money and I watched it snow. Only a little, but that's enough.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

That's such an awesome story! Especially these days, when so much of the news is bad, seeing a case where people helped one another is really heartwarming! Good for the employee, to see the real issue, and glad the person didn't really want to hurt anyone!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Man that's a tough call when you are trying to put food on your table for your family...times are tough and people are desperate...I'm proud of the guy working at the shop and feel horrible for the guy who attempted to rob the place...I can't imagine the guilt he felt that resulted in tears because he couldn't figure out what else to do to provide for his family...pretty touching story..one deals with compassion the other deals with the lengths one would go to protect/provide for his family...

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by w810i

I mean that in a very positive way...

My wife is from Bozeman. It's a slower way of living and certainly what I found to be nicer and generally more open and decent people than in many other areas of the nation. Not just Montana. There are a few states in the Northern Rockies/Northern Plains I really enjoyed driving across for that reason as much as the trip without many headaches. I lived with her in Bozeman for a 6 month period though so got to know Montana a little better than the others I simply crossed in trucking.

If it wasn't for the brutal winters and what I saw from out of state folks moving en masse to some areas, I wouldn't mind retiring up there. Of course, that'd make me one of those latter people too I suppose. lol... As for the weather though. I made a stupid bet with her while living there that it wouldn't SNOW of all things, on the 4th of July. I was young..hadn't been around much back then. What did I know? Snow? July? Ha! Well... Yeah, she laughed alright as she took my money and I watched it snow. Only a little, but that's enough.

My apologies. Most people tend to think of Montana as the wild wild west, where
we are nothing but ignorant hicks.
edit on 28-1-2013 by w810i because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Resurrecting an old thread for an update:

news.yahoo.com...

Not only did the robber not have any children, but he only made up the story upon seeing the cash register had a few dollars in it. My disgust for humanity has been restored!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
Resurrecting an old thread for an update:

news.yahoo.com...

Not only did the robber not have any children, but he only made up the story upon seeing the cash register had a few dollars in it. My disgust for humanity has been restored!

Good job.
I called this one, and I'm sure there is much more to the story.

Hopefully an eyeopener for those who thought I was being cynical or too hard on the 'poor fella' and they fell for his bs.

What really surprises me is that the media even revealed the truth, they typically prefer to let the public believe the mean cops just arrested the desperate hungry man just trying to feed his family.

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — A Montana man whose tearful reluctance to rob a pizza restaurant earned him free food apparently made up the sob story that gained him the clerk's sympathy.

edit on 2-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Ahhhhh mannnnn......sometimes you just have to ignore things for the betterment of man kind...didn't the darknight run into that issue when two face got killed? Tell them the truth about him and let the people down or lie and make him a beacon of hope....

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It may have been posted but it turs out the robber made up his sob story adter seeing how little money was in the register. He didn't break down because his family was hungry. He changed his mind about facinf a felony for a few bucks. Clever criminal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join