It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams What are They and What Do they Mean?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Those who could see but lost their vision generally still "see" in their dreams.

Those blind from birth however still navigate a the same labyrinth of interconnected archetypes the same as the sighted. Those archetypes just lack a visual component, which is only a minor portion of the whole anyways. Us looky loos put too much stock in that visual aspect which often blinds us as to what those archetypes really are and how they work.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

What I read was that the mind does not simply create fictional people with random facial features in dreams. How true that is or isn't I don't know, kind of a hard thing to prove or disprove either way. Even by the time a baby gets into the toddler stage (2-3) they have seen literally thousands of different people even if only in passing on a TV. To prove or disprove it seems an impossibily in my opinion either way, I have no idea where the 15 Facts website got that information. You are correct as far as non-people go there really are no limits in my opinion as to what a mind can imagine.

The thing is would you even know if you dreamed of a face you never saw before? And really you can only dream about what your mind can imagine or knows about. Most faces even if you never seen them before are just and amalgamation of a whole different bunch of faces you seen throughout your whole life the mind in dreams can and will configure from all you saw and know in your life to make something of a variation that you never seen before.

But it can not make something that you have never seen before or imagined before, it can only draw from what you know to make ups variations that you may have never seen before. If you ever dreamed of something and you remember clearly that there was something there but when you wake up even if it is mere moments and the whole thing is clear, but you can not put together or remember what exactly it was even if you remember everything else about the dream but that focus or one thing that was the main theme of the dream escapes you completely a complete blank, then changes are you dreamed of something your mind had no real palette to draw from, and so it left that part blank.

Well I think only the most vivid and memorable dreams stand out in memory and get remembered. Most dreams get fuzzy and/or forgotten within 5-10 minutes after having been awake. I know I don't remember a majority of mine except that I seem to have alot more erotic dreams than the 8% to 10% they say is average.

Oh ya 90 % are gone and forgotten even before the morning breaks, and 8% to 10% erotic dreams being normal is news to me, here I though average was something along the lines of 20% to 30%...

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

What I read was that the mind does not simply create fictional people with random facial features in dreams. How true that is or isn't I don't know, kind of a hard thing to prove or disprove either way. Even by the time a baby gets into the toddler stage (2-3) they have seen literally thousands of different people even if only in passing on a TV. To prove or disprove it seems an impossibily in my opinion either way, I have no idea where the 15 Facts website got that information. You are correct as far as non-people go there really are no limits in my opinion as to what a mind can imagine.

The thing is would you even know if you dreamed of a face you never saw before? And really you can only dream about what your mind can imagine or knows about. Most faces even if you never seen them before are just and amalgamation of a whole different bunch of faces you seen throughout your whole life the mind in dreams can and will configure from all you saw and know in your life to make something of a variation that you never seen before.

But it can not make something that you have never seen before or imagined before, it can only draw from what you know to make ups variations that you may have never seen before. If you ever dreamed of something and you remember clearly that there was something there but when you wake up even if it is mere moments and the whole thing is clear, but you can not put together or remember what exactly it was even if you remember everything else about the dream but that focus or one thing that was the main theme of the dream escapes you completely a complete blank, then changes are you dreamed of something your mind had no real palette to draw from, and so it left that part blank.

Well I think only the most vivid and memorable dreams stand out in memory and get remembered. Most dreams get fuzzy and/or forgotten within 5-10 minutes after having been awake. I know I don't remember a majority of mine except that I seem to have alot more erotic dreams than the 8% to 10% they say is average.

Oh ya 90 % are gone and forgotten even before the morning breaks, and 8% to 10% erotic dreams being normal is news to me, here I though average was something along the lines of 20% to 30%...

Well I have no idea how they can prove anything about it to be honest. lol There is so little we actually know about the brain, and dreaming is just one facet thereof. If I had to wager a guess I'd have to say my erotic dreams make up around 30% minimum, take that as you will. I guess I'm just a really dirty minded middle aged man

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was always partial to jungs view

most of my dreams are anxiety

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join