It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden to Doomsday Preppers: Shotguns Are Better than AR-15s in Earthquakes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

“So what would you say to the people who say, yes, you are infringing on our rights, not for sporting or for hunting, but in California, everyone talks about the big earthquake or some terrible natural disaster as a last line of defense,” DeFranco wondered. “What would you say to those people?”

“A shotgun will keep you a lot safer — a double-barreled shotgun — than the assault weapons in somebody’s hands that doesn’t know how to use it, even one that does know how to use it,” Biden advised. “You know, it’s hard to use an assault weapon and hit something than it is a shotgun.”

“If you want to keep people away in an earthquake, buy some shotgun shells,” he added. “I’m must less concerned quite frankly about what you would call an assault weapon than I am about magazines and the number of rounds that can be held in a magazine.”

After watching this video I am beginning to see a pattern in the rationalization being fed to the public. Biden says, "I know of no sport that needs a 100 round clip" Which is basically true. (paraphrasing>)"An untrained person can defend themselves better with a double barreled shotgun than an assault rifle", which is also basically true. He also says,(again paraphrasing>) "It is the LEOs that suffer because they are out gunned", which is also true. I see a bunch of truths being put out for reasons for pushing this ban, yet the true purpose of the 2nd Amendment is totally being ignored in any and all of the banning reasons. They are not addressing the fact that by removing these weapons they make it easier to continue their tyrannical behavior as perceived by many in todays day and age. Of course they do not want the LEOs to be out gunned and that is an issue that truly needs to be looked at for sure, but in banning the publics defense against a tyrannical Government and letting them keep their short range weapons and sling shots(which are also illegal in some places) they are attempting to ensure an uprising of the people leading to the collapse of said tyranny is a non-existent possibility.

I know the gun issue has been over killed as of late but it is an ongoing issue for the U.S. at this point. It appears they are attempting to circumvent the 2nd Amendment by limiting what it is we can own and ensuring their superiority over the people and their right to overthrow tyranny.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
He contradicts himself.

Apparently people will be safer from people trying to hurt them if they constantly have to break open their shotgun and reload.

Can we add this to the list of stupid things biden has said?

Also he's trying to claim a shotgun has a higher accuracy than an AR15 at long range.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Miraj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
that's why the entire u.s. military invaded iraq with double barrel shotguns with bird shot.

the less biden talks the better, unless he is so bored at being vp, that he has decided to entertain himself by trolling the media and the american public.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Thank you, I meant to add that to my OP and forgot. Limiting us to short range weapons so they can stand just out of our range and pick us off. LOL riiiiiiiight Mr. V.P.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Agarta because: my H button wasn't working sorry

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

This guy is a gaff a minute. This disgusting, misguided attack against the 2nd amendment would be better served if Biden had his mouth taped shut. I'm glad he's still allowed to talk because he's not doing them any favors!

So a 2 round shotgun would be a more effective defensive weapon? The average home invasion has 3 bad guys. What does he recommend in that instance; the first 2 guys get shot and the 3rd guy gets a beating?

Liberals always want people “out of your bedroom” but they sure are quick to stick their nose in your gun safe or nightstand.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ugh. The man is mentally challenged.

I'd like to suggest to Mr. Biden that he can arm all his security detail with shotguns. If it's good enough for us, it should be good enough for him.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Of course they do not want the LEOs to be out gunned and that is an issue that truly needs to be looked at for sure, but in banning the publics defense against a tyrannical Government and letting them keep their short range weapons and sling shots(which are also illegal in some places) they are attempting to ensure an uprising of the people leading to the collapse of said tyranny is a non-existent possibility.

As far as the LEO's being out gunned, it's not so much the general public that they need to be afraid of but of the gang bangers.....they have serious fire power and they abide by no laws. But as usual, they'll overlook them like they don't exist and focus on the law abiding citizens.

ETA: Biden is such a goof ball IMO.....

edit on 24-1-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
that's why the entire u.s. military invaded iraq with double barrel shotguns with bird shot.

the less biden talks the better, unless he is so bored at being vp, that he has decided to entertain himself by trolling the media and the american public.

Can you imagine him as President?.......[brain freeze....
]
That's a scary thought within itself.
I think I'm going to be sick now.......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

“You know, it’s hard to use an assault weapon and hit something than it is a shotgun.”

if it is that difficult for the experienced and the non experienced alike to to shoot and actually hit something with an "assult weapon" then why are they so interested in getting rid of them again?

Wasn't it because of how "dangerous" they are and because of all of the people who WERE shooting and hitting their targets with them?

Ol Uncle Joe is off his meds again and isn't making sense nor being consistant.
Either they ARE extremely effective and are outright KILLING MACHINES or they aren't good for jack squat because it is impossible to hit your target with one.

btw Uncle Joe, if shotguns are so formidable then why aren't we looking to outlaw them as well?
Hmmm.

also, I seem to have to problem hitting my target with an "assault Rifle".
I will refrain from mentioning the photo that I shoot at but, I hit it every time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Excellent point! These laws don't effect the gang bangers who are the real threat to LE.

The entire premise is ridiculous. The best argument FOR high capacity magazines I’ve seen lately is out of Georgia. This young mother of two shot an intruder in her home with a 38 revolver. She emptied the entire gun on the man (6 rounds) striking him 5 times in the face and neck. The man stood up, walked to his car and drove away (he was apprehended shortly afterwards).

Point being – had he been armed he could have easily killed this woman and her children. Imagine if she only had 2 rounds as Biden suggests! What a moron!

edit on 24-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Point being – had he been armed he could have easily killed this woman and her children. Imagine if she only had 2 rounds as Biden suggests! What a moron!

Also, what if there is more than one intruder, say 2 or 3??
And factor in fear, adrenalin and whether or not a person is a good shooter. Will they be able to hit a moving target in 1 shot? What about 2 or 3 moving targets???

And from what I've been told, it's easier to reload and put another magazine in rather than to reload a 6 shooter under extreme circumstances, especially if one's hand is shaking like a leaf...

I'm thinking of getting a gun but not sure what kind. I do know I want one with a mag that at least holds 10 if not 14 rounds. Being a lady, the guns being smaller would probably hold 10, not for sure tho.
I've been hinting to my hubby about one for my birthday.

We'll see....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

I'm thinking of getting a gun but not sure what kind. I do know I want one with a mag that at least holds 10 if not 14 rounds.

UH….you’d better hurry up if you want more than a 10 round mag!

You’ll still be able to get them but they will set you back $$$$$$$

Being a lady, the guns being smaller would probably hold 10, not for sure tho.

You’re right; smaller usually hold 10 or less. There are several threads in the survival forum on ATS that get into the types and applications. I’m sure your hubby has an idea of what would suit your needs.

AND I bet your husband won’t suggest a DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Agarta

This guy is a gaff a minute. This disgusting, misguided attack against the 2nd amendment would be better served if Biden had his mouth taped shut. I'm glad he's still allowed to talk because he's not doing them any favors!

So a 2 round shotgun would be a more effective defensive weapon? The average home invasion has 3 bad guys. What does he recommend in that instance; the first 2 guys get shot and the 3rd guy gets a beating?

Liberals always want people “out of your bedroom” but they sure are quick to stick their nose in your gun safe or nightstand.

Just like how conservatives claim to support smaller government, but yet want to force women to give birth even in cases of rape?

Please stop calling the kettle black, Mr. Pot
edit on 1/24/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Just how conservatives claim to support smaller government, but yet want to force women to giver birth even in cases of rape?

I don't support that BUT.....start a new thread…I don’t want to derail the OP’s thread here.

I’ll gladly smack you around on that topic, good buddy!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7
reply to post by seabag

I saw this one go by this morning. Interesting situation and debate. New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by muse7

Just how conservatives claim to support smaller government, but yet want to force women to giver birth even in cases of rape?

I don't support that BUT.....start a new thread…I don’t want to derail the OP’s thread here.

I’ll gladly smack you around on that topic, good buddy!

Internet tough guy eh? "Smack me around"? Please buddy.

Is this why you love your guns so much? To feel a fake feeling of superiority? Lol

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm over here if you want the smack, sir.

Just a little friendly banter...don't get your knickers in a pinch.

edit on 24-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Assualt rifles are needed to fight the government, that's pretty much it. We have to beable to compete against an army. Shotguns won't cut it.
edit on 24-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Assualt rifles are needed to fight the government, that's pretty much it. We have to beable to compete.against an army. Shotguns won't cut it.

Sure...and nobody should think for a minute that Biden isn't keenly aware of the purpose of the 2nd. He's carrying the water; towing the line for his party and TPTB.

He's lucky this guy didn't have a double barrel shotgun while Biden was molesting his wife.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Assualt rifles are needed to fight the government, that's pretty much it. We have to beable to compete against an army. Shotguns won't cut it.
edit on 24-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Godspeed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join