It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bans...for the greater good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Well this is just idiotic...vehicles sole purpose is not too end life...guns are.

Guns were made for one thing and one thing only..end life..be it animal or human. You gun people are such tards...your idiotic arguments are don't even make sense.

This is what the gun retards (and you are retards) don't understand... they can't even argue properly, their logic is just ridiculous too.

The OP is just a pathetic attempt to try and make a point but it doesn't make any point... only serves to get the back-slapping amongst the retards going once again.

The point is that when the gun control argument that is being used is applied to other situations it is absolutely stupid. You have basically just used the common school yard response "I'm the rubber and your the glue...."

Actually, if you want to apply he automobile argument, then you would need a license, registration, insurance and numerous laws controlling the use of guns. Is that what you want? If you're going to pull other, unrelated things into it, then you have to take everything that goes with it.

... you'll have to wear you seatbelt when you use you gun, if you're caught with your gun while drinking, you lose your license. If you don't pay your shooting tickets, it'll be impounded... sure, make it the same as cars, see how far that goes

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HopSkipJump
Actually, if you want to apply he automobile argument, then you would need a license, registration, insurance and numerous laws controlling the use of guns. Is that what you want? If you're going to pull other, unrelated things into it, then you have to take everything that goes with it.

... you'll have to wear you seatbelt when you use you gun, if you're caught with your gun while drinking, you lose your license. If you don't pay your shooting tickets, it'll be impounded... sure, make it the same as cars, see how far that goes

No, you miss the point. I am not advocating that we regulate guns like we regulate cars. I am suggesting that cars and all other motorized vehicles kill thousands of people each year and should be banned. My point is that using the premise that "if it saves just one life..." could apply to anything and everything. We need to take a serious look at society and try to eliminate death by banning EVERYTHING that causes it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ban semi automatic deep dryers with a high capacity oil pot of 10 quarts of oil or more. Those things were made for mass deep frying, can kill a whole room of people with high cholesterol in one sitting. Not only that if it catches on fire it can burn down a house!!! Ban them! =D
edit on 25-1-2013 by Saltron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

Nice! Good catch! Sounds like we definately need to ban those. I'm currious wether or not you have any information to back up your claims though..............nevermind, it sound dangerous so lets just ban it anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave
reply to post by Saltron

Nice! Good catch! Sounds like we definately need to ban those. I'm currious wether or not you have any information to back up your claims though..............nevermind, it sound dangerous so lets just ban it anyway.

Yes we must take immediate action I will introduce my bill on these pure evil devices.
Here is a preview:
158 deep fryers brands and makes will be included.
Ban on sale, production, and transfer of deep fryer devices post enactment of bill.
Deep fryers with 1 or more restaurant style features.
All deep fryers legally own before enactment of bill will be grandfathered to the original owner and must be registered; upon death the deep fryer becomes federal property.
Deep fryers with a removable pot that accepts more than 10 quarts of oil.
Deep fryers that are optimized to use peanut oil for allergen concern.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is so true that it should wake some people up to the truth that guns do not kill people, people kill people. There are so many other things that can be just as deadly as a gun, and if someone wants to kill someone else, they do not need a gun to do it. My point, and the point of the OP, is that anything can be used both for good and evil, or used productively or counterproductively, but that is up to us. Not to mention the fact that the government is not allowed, by law, to make any laws concerning guns, much less take them away or ban them. I do not see why the whole country is not paying attention to the precedent this sets.

Gullible people think this will make the country a safer place, and they are completely wrong. It will make things more dangerous. I have spelled out the same argument the Founding Fathers used so many times on ATS that I will not do it again, but I will say that anyone who disagrees is un-American. If you want guns banned, you are not a patriot, but a terrorist. Because the only people who want guns taken away are those who wish to gain power, or face little resistance while trying to achieve some goal. You are going against 2 ammendments to the Constitution. Maybe it does not mean anything to you people who are un-American, but it means a lot to me. When I was in the military I took an oath to defend this country against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and YOU are that domestic enemy at this point. What about the government? I am not going to implicate myself against the government outright, but I'm sure you know where I stand.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Well this is just idiotic...vehicles sole purpose is not too end life...guns are.

Guns were made for one thing and one thing only..end life..be it animal or human. You gun people are such tards...your idiotic arguments are don't even make sense.

This is what the gun retards (and you are retards) don't understand... they can't even argue properly, their logic is just ridiculous too.

The OP is just a pathetic attempt to try and make a point but it doesn't make any point... only serves to get the back-slapping amongst the retards going once again.

Here's what this gun retard doesn't understand. If the sole purpose of a gun is to end life, why do law enforcement have them? It's not their job to end life. Their job is to enforce laws, protect and serve, generate revenues, etc. They don't need guns to do their jobs any more than they would need a torque wrench.

So, help a tard out, here. Explain why a cop needs something that is made for "one thing and one thing only", ending life?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom

Here's what this gun retard doesn't understand. If the sole purpose of a gun is to end life, why do law enforcement have them? It's not their job to end life. Their job is to enforce laws, protect and serve, generate revenues, etc. They don't need guns to do their jobs any more than they would need a torque wrench.

So, help a tard out, here. Explain why a cop needs something that is made for "one thing and one thing only", ending life?

Well a gun can only kill and injure. The gun wasn't invented/designed to maim and slightly injure people, it was made to kill and it has only limited ability (along with maiming). A gun cannot be used in any other way than to kill and injure.

A car for example is a mode of transport. Accidents happen and of course people end up in road traffic accidents, that is life

A knife is primarily used in the kitchen.... other knives include hunting knives and camping/fishing knives and they are used to cut rope/fishing line and carve and are multi-functional.

A gun is just a tool of destruction. That is its only purpose.

Obviously I meant to say its purpose is to kill OR maim, not just kill.... but the point remains, it is not used for any other reason.

The people who try to win an argument or score points by saying "cars kill, ban cars" "water kills, ban water" "knives kill, ban knives" it's just a stupid argument and an absolutely nonsensical one.

edit on 25/1/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Well a gun can only kill and injure. The gun wasn't invented/designed to maim and slightly injure people, it was made to kill and it has only that limited ability (along with maiming). A gun cannot be used in any other way than to kill and injure.

A car for example is a mode of transport. Accidents happen and of course people end up in road traffic accidents, that is life

A knife is primarily used in the kitchen.... other knives include hunting knives and camping/fishing knives and they are used to cut rope/fishing line and carve and are multi-functional.

A gun is just a tool of destruction. That is its only purpose.

Obviously I meant to say its purpose is to kill OR maim, not just kill.... but the point remains, it is not used for any other reason.

The people who try to win an argument or score points by saying "cars kill, ban cars" "water kills, ban water" "knives kill, ban knives" it's just a stupid argument and an absolutely nonsensical one.

Ok nice info you got there, but you either didn't read his question or you ignored it, he asked you why can cops have weapons?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

Police have weapons because their job is defend the public and themselves from danger... the police and armed forces should carry guns as they are charged with the responsibility of providing policing/protection for a nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Saltron

Police have weapons because their job is defend the public and themselves from danger... the police and armed forces should carry guns as they are charged with the responsibility of providing policing/protection for a nation.

Kind of sounds like one of the rights we have, i think its called the second amendment that we all are giving, but hey I'm a gun retard I wouldn't understand your logic.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltron
Kind of sounds like one of the rights we have, i think its called the second amendment that we all are giving, but hey I'm a gun retard I wouldn't understand your logic.

I didn't realise you were a police officer?

And yes, evidently...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saltron

I didn't realise you were a police officer?

And yes, evidently...

Funny cause no where in the second amendment it says you need to be a LEO to carry one to protect your selfs. Guess we read two different documents. So by your logic only police should be able to defend them selves? And I should not? Or is it a cops duty to defend us? I guess you answered that one already; so we should all have our personal cop to protect each and every single one of us? Because cops take a long time to respond.. Sometimes by the time they arrive a person is already dead or harmed sometimes by objects other than a gun.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Saltron

Sounds like you are saying that police need guns to PROTECT themselves WHILE they do their jobs. Which would mean that guns are useful for something other than ending life.

Additionally, if police need guns to protect themselves from criminal elements, doesn't it stand to reason that ordinary folk would need guns for the same reason? Especially when you consider that non-police persons are more likely to be crime victims than a uniformed officer?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Saltron

Sounds like you are saying that police need guns to PROTECT themselves WHILE they do their jobs. Which would mean that guns are useful for something other than ending life.

Additionally, if police need guns to protect themselves from criminal elements, doesn't it stand to reason that ordinary folk would need guns for the same reason? Especially when you consider that non-police persons are more likely to be crime victims than a uniformed officer?

Same thing I said brother, it's funny how these anti second amendment folks logic is so flawed and hypocritical.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

A gun cannot be used in any other way than to kill and injure.

I know for a fact that power companies use shotguns to clean different parts on their facilities. I have also seen where guns have been used to break hanging ice so that it does not fall on someone.

You have been proven wrong, have a good day.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Saltron

Yeah, times are tough for us gun retards these days.
Good thing there are so many helpful people willing to tell us what we need and what we don't need. Takes all the guesswork out of this freedom thing.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Saltron

Yeah, times are tough for us gun retards these days.
Good thing there are so many helpful people willing to tell us what we need and what we don't need. Takes all the guesswork out of this freedom thing.

Right! Lets just be good sheeple and sick back watch some Fox News and shove some McDonald's down our throats.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Would it be possible to ban dumbass hyperbole and stupid chicken little logic?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Would it be possible to ban dumbass hyperbole and stupid chicken little logic?

Oh wow, that sound like a great idea. We would need to hire people who would determine what hyperbole is dumbass and what is chicken little logic is stupid. This would create jobs and save lives at the same time time. Score one for humanity!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join