It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bans...for the greater good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
ok so I have read the thread and I am confused by the term 'assault vehicles'

I am in the AU and I have never heard that terminology... so maybe you mean 'high performance' cars?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I think plastic pink Hello Kitty bubble guns need to be banned because the "bubble stuff" can be used in an assault.

Also I would propose a limited ban on toilet paper to not only save trees, but because if you have a cold and runny nose it can lead to soreness if used too often.....wait...maybe that only calls for a warning label?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
While i have seen the argument that guns are solely meant to kill repeated in all
of the threads similar to this one, the argument that cars aren't solely intended to
kill people is a moot point, they do kill people and by the millions, not to mention
their exhaust kills an unknown amount each year, and for what? to save time getting
from one place to the next? to make it convenient to go places? do we HAVE to travel
that quickly? no we could fashion the world around limited travel to save millions
each year, but i guess when your actually dealing with the monetary consequences
of such an act its just too costly to save lives, they may not be intended to kill
but the fact is that they do and it could stop, what this proves is that people do not
care about safety at all just whatever they are told to care about -.-
edit on 25-1-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Ban life insurance, people have gotten killed over it.

Ban government, largest killer worldwide.

Ban diseases. Lots of people die from them.

Better ban sports too.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by MrBigDave

Ban Ki Moon

........ and his blue helmet wearing, freedom hating, World Gubermint storm troopers !!!!

Most genius response yet! Definitely my favourite so far........

My contributions:

1) Ban TV. Too much sex and violence to pollute our sensitive minds.

2) Ban the Internet. Too much sex and violence to pollute our sensitive minds. Plus possibility our heightened blood pressure due to offensive posts, etc.

3) Ban sausages. One burnt sausage (by barbecue or fried) contains more carcinogenic cells than a cigarette - therefore "evil" (duh duh duh). Or make the packets have graphic health warnings on them.

4) Ban Tony Blair. Just because........

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Death makes about 150 000 people die per DAY!
Something tells me they won't ban it, must be some agenda...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

WE NEED TO BAN MOTORIZED VEHICLES!!! Please feel free to add things that should also be banned in the interest of public safety.

LOL. I enjoyed your post, it's funny, it really is. But...

Motorized vehicles are regulated by the government, you need to acquire a government issued license to operate one, and as such ,the government maintains a database of who registered what vehicle.

So......

Yeah

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
People often die in fires... Ban fire!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

ok so I have read the thread and I am confused by the term 'assault vehicles' I am in the AU and I have never heard that terminology... so maybe you mean 'high performance' cars?

no, it's a badly executed attempt to poke light at the fact that some guns don't seem as scary until someone calls them an assault weapon, which is a real class of weapons.

There is no such thing as an "assault vehicle" outside of maybe light armored vehicles the army has. This thread, just like almost every other thread, is about guns.

Which I always find amusing, cause someone always brings up cars... Yet they are restricted, you need a government issued license to drive one, and the government maintains a list of who registers what vehicle. But the second you even pretend to think about a system somewhat similar for certain classes of weapons, whoa, look out, it's fascism, or some other inapplicable term they will throw out at you.

Anyways, since I forgot to add something to the ban list in my previous post, I'll add two here to keep with the theme:

Opinions=people will always have their own opinion, you won't really change it, and fights, violence, and wars have come about because of opinions, so lets ban them

Rights=people can't agree on what rights are "protected" and only seem to want the ones that apply directly to them, fights, violence, and insurrection has occurred because of rights, and the perception of rights, so we should just ban them all

Rules=I said I was gonna post 2, so I'm posting 3 to show my stance on rules, rules are unfair, they allow you to do some things, and not others, so, in keeping with banning rights and opinions, lets ban rules, and just descend into total chaos.

Birth=Do you know what the #1 leading cause of death, world wide, is? It's been the same thing since the dawn of life on earth (or creation 6000 years ago, whatever). That's right. Birth. Birth is the #1 leading cause of death world wide.

You thought it was cancer? Heart disease? Obamacare? Herpes? Nope, because to have any of those afflictions, you have to be born....

So, lets ban birth.
edit on 25-1-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Well this is just idiotic...vehicles sole purpose is not too end life...guns are.

Guns were made for one thing and one thing only..end life..be it animal or human. You gun people are such tards...your idiotic arguments are don't even make sense.

This is what the gun retards (and you are retards) don't understand... they can't even argue properly, their logic is just ridiculous too.

The OP is just a pathetic attempt to try and make a point but it doesn't make any point... only serves to get the back-slapping amongst the retards going once again.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If we just ban outight stupidity, we can unban everything else. It would be much easier.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
ban complaining

and then ban bans

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
should ban the first caveman who instead of using his club for protection he bopped his wife on the head with it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters

WE NEED TO BAN MOTORIZED VEHICLES!!! Please feel free to add things that should also be banned in the interest of public safety.

LOL. I enjoyed your post, it's funny, it really is. But...

Motorized vehicles are regulated by the government, you need to acquire a government issued license to operate one, and as such ,the government maintains a database of who registered what vehicle.

So......

Yeah

When will we end the slaughter! People.....children are dying every day because of these monstrous machines of mayhem. Its time that we act. Government regulation has not prevented the killing and its time that we as citizens of the world unite and demand the motorized vehicles are BANNED.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkphoenix77
I think plastic pink Hello Kitty bubble guns need to be banned because the "bubble stuff" can be used in an assault.

Also I would propose a limited ban on toilet paper to not only save trees, but because if you have a cold and runny nose it can lead to soreness if used too often.....wait...maybe that only calls for a warning label?

plastic pink Hello Kitty bubble guns.....I can't believe those are even legal! I challenge anyone on this forum to tell me why anyone NEEDS a plastic pink Hello Kitty bubble gun!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
People often die in fires... Ban fire!

Fires would be hard to ban, same as some of the other things suggested in this thread. ie: death, life....

But we could, in the interest of the greater good, ban matches, lighters, and all fire starters. No, we MUST ban those things.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
How about we ban name calling and denigration of others as a means of trying to make a point. If you have a logical point to express, or even an unfounded personal opinion to express, by all means do so. But calling people retards for their views or any other name doesn't make you smart or superior or prove your point.

One other, slightly off topic point to refute something that was expressed earlier in the thread. Guns sole purpose is not to kill people. Guns also serve to protect people and as a deterrent to violence, and it doesn't have to be fired or in some cases even loaded to fulfill those purposes. The purpose of threads such as these is to point out that there are other dangers in society that people gladly accept, dangers that kill more people than guns. It's the word guns and what you presuppose about them that derails much of the talk about the preservation of our liberties.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Taliesien333 because: had another point to make and didn't want to make a whole new post.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'll take the big 'uns:

the military
extremist religious views which excuse murder
prescription painkillers

and I can't believe you all haven't named the big Kahuna: oxygen! If people didn't have an oxygen-enriched environment in which the could evolve, we'd never have made it into this mess in the first place.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Well this is just idiotic...vehicles sole purpose is not too end life...guns are.

Guns were made for one thing and one thing only..end life..be it animal or human. You gun people are such tards...your idiotic arguments are don't even make sense.

This is what the gun retards (and you are retards) don't understand... they can't even argue properly, their logic is just ridiculous too.

The OP is just a pathetic attempt to try and make a point but it doesn't make any point... only serves to get the back-slapping amongst the retards going once again.

The point is that when the gun control argument that is being used is applied to other situations it is absolutely stupid. You have basically just used the common school yard response "I'm the rubber and your the glue...."

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ban annoying, tedious, pedantic people.. they make me want to assault them....repeatedly ....assault ....them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join