It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bans...for the greater good.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Ban doctors. Medical negligence and errors kill almost 100,000 people per year in the U.S. alone.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Machetes - the preferred weapon when a gun is not available. See: Africa

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofswords
Ban doctors. Medical negligence and errors kill almost 100,000 people per year in the U.S. alone.

Oh snap! Your absolutely right. Doctors kill alot of people. If it had not been for doctors, all of those people who died on the operating table would still be here. They must be BANNED

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

WE NEED TO BAN MOTORIZED VEHICLES!!!

OK…OK….I’m going to have to break out this pic ONE MORE TIME!!

S&F, BigDave!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
How about cigs and alcohol? Those kill a lot of people every year. Scourges of society I tell you!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
ban politicians.... a clear and present danger to everyone including those that believe they have your best interests in mind. Proven deadly even by inaction. Far too much power in the hands of a few and hazardous to your health.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Don't tell me gun owners are peace loving either...a lot of them claim and stand proud they would take life over simple little material things...and these are supposed to be the law abiding ones.

Yet you trust the government with guns?

Who has killed more people; the government or your neighbor who owns a gun? Are you calling for a ban on the government's guns, too?

Do we really want weapons in these peoples hands...people who will kill at any chance they get?

Yes…if you value your constitutional rights. Then again, you probably aren’t American.

You make some silly generalizations. If all gun owners are bad people who want to “kill at any chance” then why do you call the police when you’re in trouble? Are LE officers somehow better people than the rest of us? I’d like to know what makes it so…please share.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Dear Brother Dave, Please allow me to point out that you forgot to mention...
"If the ban on automobiles can save just one life, don't we have an obligation to try it"?

Off topic...
There was a shooting on a Texas college campus the other day btw.
NOBODY DIED EITHER!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Interesting coming from a person...or a sock with the tag of kerazeesicko and an avatar of what appears to be an angel of death...
I can tell you that my guns HAVE saved my life and even the lives of others, true story.
A gun can be used as a sword as well as a shield.
Hope it helps

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Lets ban everything then we can even ban the ban how about that!!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Well this is just idiotic...vehicles sole purpose is not too end life...guns are.

Guns were made for one thing and one thing only..end life..be it animal or human. You gun people are such tards...your idiotic arguments are don't even make sense.

A lot of those mass killers were law abiding citizens before they grabbed a gun and took lives...so the government is playing the what if game...as gun owners love to play.

Quite a few gun owners say "I will kill an intruder..because what if they are out to kill me"...as the government says "what if some other law abiding citizen decides to go a killing spree". So they decided to put some restrictions to in a failed effort to curb it. The real answer is BAN GUNS and jail anyone for life using a gun and put to death anyone who decides to take life with them. That means if a homeowner kills an unarmed intruder..they should be charged with murder. If a criminal has a weapon that is unequal to a gun than the home owner must take every step..to insure the gun is only the last resort. Hold them at gunpoint until the police arrive...let them run if they choose to do so..etc.

Don't tell me gun owners are peace loving either...a lot of them claim and stand proud they would take life over simple little material things...and these are supposed to be the law abiding ones.

Do we really want weapons in these peoples hands...people who will kill at any chance they get?

Guns have a lot more applications than just killing people and things.

A gun can be used to open a locked door

a gun can be used to scare off intruders without actually using it.

uh you could use guns to let people know your location if you are lost in the woods

you can use guns to to knock someone unconscious if they need to be made that way

you could use certain guns to cut down trees or make a big hole in the wall

oh and a gun can be used as a check and balance type system to keep a shady power hungry government from going tyrannical. Well they still can but they have to work at it for a few decades to make the nation ripe for the plucking.

"Yeah you dont need those. They are bad things. Give them to us."

"Youre right I suppose" hands over guns

"haha you idiot! now give me your liberties!"

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ban bicycles. Those things kill about 800 people a year, or about twice as many as all of those scary rifles do. Obviously, these deadly devices should be banned as well. Besides, no one really needs a bicycle.

And swimming pools...how many kids drown in those every year? Likely hundreds. No one needs a swimming pool, either. Ban them, ban them all!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I was waiting to see if anyone was going to say it, but, what about lawyers? Lawyers across the country are responsible for allowing killers loose to kill again and again.

SO, ban the lawyers!! Save innocent lives around the country.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krakatoa
I was waiting to see if anyone was going to say it, but, what about lawyers? Lawyers across the country are responsible for allowing killers loose to kill again and again.

SO, ban the lawyers!! Save innocent lives around the country.

Can we start with Obama?

That would save lives WORLD WIDE!

edit on 24-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Ban assault.

Raises blood pressure, leading to cardio vascular disease.

Apepper's ok though.

What...too subtle for ya?

I'll get my coat then.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Please, this thread is not about guns, its about all of the other things in the world that have the potential to cause mass harm. The gun issue has already been solved by our selfless representatives in congress. It brings a tear to my eye how they sacrifice the many for the few. And that is why I think that we need to allow congress to enjoy the joys of a banned life as well.

Consider how much a ban on cheese would help humanity. Cheese causes constipation and constipation causes people to get cranky. Cranky people get angy and cause a whole list of situations that put innocent lives in danger. I think that if it saves just one life it would be worth it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ban Procreation. The future of our children depends on it....... Oh wait....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
As much as I hate to say this, I think that we should ban Bacon. I causes all kinds of heart and weight problems. If it would save just one person I would be willing to sacrifice my love for the man food that we call Bacon. Yes, Bacon should be BANNED

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Ban all bans.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Ban life, it's the leading cause of death.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join