It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA "Explains" Amherst, MA. UFO Sighting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I did a search here and did not see anything about this.

On January 8th, residents of Amherst, Massachusetts witnessed a diamond/triangle shaped UFO hovering quietly above them.

The UFO was described by witnesses as triangular or diamond-shaped, the size of two or three cars, flying slow and silent.

What I find interesting about this is that the FAA, at first, said there was no record of any aircraft in that area during the time that witnesses saw the craft. They later retracted that statement and claimed that a cargo plane was flying at that time.

A Westover spokesman at first said there was no record of aircraft flying over Amherst at that time, but later said there was.

Source

Anyone in that area a member on ATS? All I could find was this local news clip.

edit on 1/24/2013 by theAnswer1111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-25-2013 by Springer because: Edited title to avoid Mass confusion

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
A mass sighting with absolutely no photographic or video evidence whatsoever.

Ah the gullible ufo crowd. A special bunch.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
like the belgium wave UFO ?

I always wondered if that was an aurora type project

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Big college town... could have been a prank. "Let's all report a UFO sighting, that would be hilarious."

Could have been military aircraft.

But the fact that it hasn't yet been identified means that it is, in fact, a UFO, by the definition of UFO.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Love those mass supposed mass sightings with no photographic evidence..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sorry there are no photos of the craft. I'm hoping something will surface..

I posted it because of the believable description of the UFO and the FAA acting odd about the sighting.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I found this video that might show something:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Disclosure happened. At last, and Russia beat US to it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

I take it you're just cracking a joke? The "Mass." in the title stands for Massachusetts. As in Amherst, Massachusetts. Or am I missing something? BTW, here's the original report by the Daily Hampshire Gazette.

www.gazettenet.com...
edit on 25-1-2013 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
I did a search here and did not see anything about this.

On January 8th, residents of Amherst, Massachusetts witnessed a diamond/triangle shaped UFO hovering quietly above them.

The UFO was described by witnesses as triangular or diamond-shaped, the size of two or three cars, flying slow and silent.

What I find interesting about this is that the FAA, at first, said there was no record of any aircraft in that area during the time that witnesses saw the craft. They later retracted that statement and claimed that a cargo plane was flying at that time.

[

What I find interesting is the can't tell a diamond from a triangle

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jefferton

Gullible of what? It's easy to poke fun but a little harder to explain why---is that it?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
I found this video that might show something:

Thanks for finding this video!

I wonder if all the points of lights were unidentified?! But alas, it could just be an illusion within the photo!

OP, You may want to change Mass to MA in your title so not to confuse others

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think the 'gullible' --as another member as eloquently put it--are the people who instantly buy into these 'official' stories.
Assuming this story is real and not some prank consisting of bogus witnesses, I ask this:
How can this be a military cargo plane at 75-100' above ground?

You mean to tell me the average person walking around outdoors in this country at 7 o'clock in the evening, can't hear or accurately depict a LOUD cargo plane overhead anymore? Unless the cargo planes are stealth-like now, I can't imagine this happening.

By the way, 100' is approximately 10 stories high. At that close-up range one should be able to see the pilot let alone hear the jet engine!
edit on 25-1-2013 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I should have realized that putting Mass. instead of MA might have confused folks.

I hope there will be more info on this soon. Thanks for analyzing the video.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

Is the FAA admitting we have traingle shaped cargo planes?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

I guess so. Silent cargo planes about the size of 2-3 cars that can hover.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
ok, listen up aliens...we need you to make sure that any fly-over is recorded by a digital movie camera, in good lighting, preferably 3-D, and shot by a hollywood film crew. all of these fly-overs are just so "1970's"...we have become more skeptical as more people see your flights, and it's going to take alot more evidence than just flying over and being seen hundreds of times around the globe each year.
and, if you have anymore female "probers", i would be willing to give you my address, in the name of science , of course

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
.we have become more skeptical as more people see your flights, and it's going to take alot more evidence than just flying over and being seen hundreds of times around the globe each year.

I agree, but that's always been my stance. Lights in the sky and photos/videos thereof were never great evidence to begin with, since they could be so many other things than alien critters flying their ships around. An image without additional hard evidence to back it up is nothing more than a curiosity.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
ok, listen up aliens...we need you to make sure that any fly-over is recorded by a digital movie camera, in good lighting, preferably 3-D, and shot by a hollywood film crew. all of these fly-overs are just so "1970's"...we have become more skeptical as more people see your flights, and it's going to take alot more evidence than just flying over and being seen hundreds of times around the globe each year.
and, if you have anymore female "probers", i would be willing to give you my address, in the name of science , of course

Let's take the sarcasm a step further and turn this around....

Dear Aliens,

I like how you interrupt our primitive communication devices, broadcast a message across the world & internet and make your presence known on a global scale. Because surely, if hackers here on earth can do that, an advanced alien race that can push the laws of physics and travel here from vast distances....can do it.

I also like how you don't aimlessly hover over towns with apparently, no real objective or goal....just so lonely farmers or highly questionable and mentally unstable people can rant and ramble about aliens and UFO's, whilst everyone else ridicules them. I like how you don't do that.Also, I like how you exist and there's lots of solid verifiable proof you visit earth.

Yeah....no. People who make fun of abductees, people who talk to aliens and such...are perfectly justified because the claims are not supported by fact or evidence.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by theAnswer1111

yup, fits C5 description to a "T".

guys, I've seen a triangle ufo. Its the size of an aircraft carrier. It was the color of night. It was slow and silent. It had lit "portholes" along the edges; looked like stars.

There are secret things flying around out there.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join