It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feinstein Releases List of Guns Demanded to be Banned.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by T4NG0

....She sounds very sane to me. But then I'm not a gun nut.

no you're just a nut...

honestly what good can come from your ignorance?

back on point:

They are trying to regulate people that aren't the issue...that in itself is an ISSUE...

They are regulating innocent people's ability to protect themselves...or is "innocent" something no one believes in anymore? Apparently the only person that can be labeled innocent is a dead person...

Its amazing people like her get a podium...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by danneu89
When was the last time a crime was committed with a Thompson?

When was the last time a crime was committed with a semi auto .50 browning M1HB

The semi auto M1HB even though its semi auto is still a crew served weapon. its not like anyone is going to do a convenience store robbery or a bank stickup by walking in the door with one under a trench coat.

The list is the calif list and there is no evadance its worked in calif. even the .50 BMG weapons ban did not work in calif
All it took was a chamber reamer to convert a banned 50 BMG to a .50 DTC that is legal and will fireform the .50 BMG into a .50 DTC .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think its the Senate where you have to be worried......the lower house wont go against the basic constitution i dont think......
But the Senate may just do that.......they are the enemy oif the people.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Ya I really don't think it will pass. Just the fact that they are trying this is reason enough to take them all out of office. These people don't even know what their talking about. Their info is always wrong and they always make them selves look stupid. But then all of the idiots of the USA and world listen to them and it just gets worse. Its just pathetic. This country is a joke now.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I think its the Senate where you have to be worried......the lower house wont go against the basic constitution i dont think......
But the Senate may just do that.......they are the enemy oif the people.

If the do. Hopefully the senate will burn. As well as all of the other scum.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What about this guy? Is he nuts? Seems to be sane to me. These people are the guys that protect us, these are our neighbors, our soldiers.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

One does not have to be a gun nut to realize that there is a hidden agenda with banning weapons that are similar to those that our military uses to defend our freedoms.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Unless they want an all-out bloody civil war in places like here in Texas, they'd better forget about disarming the American people.

Which begs the question: DO they want a civil war? Is all this political theater, posturing and threatening meant to draw out those which will resist with violence? Perhaps they wish to orchestrate a citizen's uprising, in order to take out the ones most likely to fight, so all that's left are scared sheep.

Either way, their behavior is treasonous, shameful, and seditious.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
What? No Hi Point 9mm? I must of missed that on the list...

Sorry but that's my fav gun, a blast to shoot and wont break the bank.
I was thinking of picking up a couple extra because they are so fun.
Looks like i had better get my butt in gear and get them while i can.

Well from a normal prospective i cant see this passing , but with all
the anti gun nuts going crazy over the big bad black guns, nothing would
suprise me any more.

I wana know how any of this is going to make anyone safter and why it's
illegal to own a .223 that is black and cool looking but legal to own one that
is wood stock that your grandpa used for years.
Dont they realise it's not that hard to convert a wood stock rifle to take the clip's
the big black guns take. I have not looked but i am sure there are kits out there
you can get.
Hmmm I have a semi auto 30.06 , i should look for a kit and a few high cap clips
before the laws get put in place. Just to have stored away in case.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Dont they realise it's not that hard to convert a wood stock rifle to take the clip's the big black guns take. I have not looked but i am sure there are kits out there you can get.

Well I know you can rig an SKS to take an AK mag. You can get tactical stocks for everything. There are even butt stocks that make your AR or AK full auto.

CHECK IT OUT!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

They just may be doing that, but those of us that would stand up
would be doing a dis service to the generations that came before us
if we did not stand up for our rights if it comes to that.
Many have died before us for lesser reasons, to me this is a very
important reason and well worth taking the risk if it goes that far.

It may be a useless battle, but i would rather die with honnor defending the
constitution and following the footsetps of my father, grandfather and ones before
than to tuck my tail and bow my head in obideance.
If it should ever come to actually enguaging them, i would be there shoulder to shoulder
with others, proud to call them true americans.

That there are T4NG0 , years ago a buddy of mine (well to do family had cash to play
with the expencive toys and if they broke oh well get another.) got a full auto kit for a SKS
we had a blast playing with it for the day, then took it apart and put it back to normal.
edit on 24-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by FissionSurplus

They just may be doing that, but those of us that would stand up
would be doing a dis service to the generations that came before us
if we did not stand up for our rights if it comes to that.
Many have died before us for lesser reasons, to me this is a very
important reason and well worth taking the risk if it goes that far.

It may be a useless battle, but i would rather die with honnor defending the
constitution and following the footsetps of my father, grandfather and ones before
than to tuck my tail and bow my head in obideance.
If it should ever come to actually enguaging them, i would be there shoulder to shoulder
with others, proud to call them true americans.

That there are T4NG0 , years ago a buddy of mine (well to do family had cash to play
with the expencive toys and if they broke oh well get another.) got a full auto kit for a SKS
we had a blast playing with it for the day, then took it apart and put it back to normal.
edit on 24-1-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

I agree with you, severd. It may just come to that. Whether it is orchestrated, or happens as a natural consequence of tyranny, the end result will be the same, and they may be sorry they started it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

I don't understand why everyone that disagrees with a gun ban is a gun nut? Most of us are just completely sane people that understand that guns aren't actually the problem with this country. Someone who understands that the type of guns being set up for bans are the least commonly used in crimes. They are actually banning an entire class of weapons based on a very few crimes (like single digits). If they were interested in stopping crime they would be banning handguns and talking up crime statistics, as opposed to running an agenda on emotions aimed at a class of weapons that are almost non existent in American crime, but are popular with gun ethusiasts.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Not only are they popular with enthusiasts, but they are weapons of war. That is the whole point of having those. Now we just happen to use them for recreation until SHTF. If they take them away, the constitution is null and void, as we have lost the right to overthrow a tyrannical government.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by T4NG0

Wow, not only did i not find a kit, but i found very little information
about it. It's a browning Bar 30.06 137rp, guess not many thought
about converting these over to take a larger clip.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
BWAHAHAHAHA

now you are going to have to reload quickly !!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Im suprised the media isnt plastering this all over their news shows today. Seems that football player Teo dude is still getting most of the media attention.

I saw a bit of the speeches from this morning and a police officer was pointing at an AR and said, "You cant go hunting with that! You'll tear the animal apart!"
.....Really? From what this guy is saying, a .223 round will shread open a buck much more than a shotgun slug? A single .223 round will completely destroy the animal, while a .44 Magnum will do much much less damage.... Does he think every hunter just dumps an entire 30 round, 50 round, or 100 round into every buck they shoot at? I guess every hunter empties all the rounds in their shotguns into the single target also. 7 slugs into a deer? Oh yea, not much damage at all....

Here's a quick video from youtube showing the damage a slug does.

.223 damage

And finally here's one comparing all 3

I have no idea where some of these anti-gunners pull this "OMG! A .223 round will completely shread open everything!!"

ETA -Doh! I didnt mean to post this reply in this thread! Was supposed to be meant for another
edit on 24-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Because they have never fired a rifle with that round. Who would believe a policeman anymore since they are in on banning also. Bet the cops are not going to try to disarm the gangs.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I don't know where they get their information either. I wouldn't hunt for anything bigger than a coyote with a .223. A .243 would be as small as I would go on a deer, but would much rather just use a .308 as to not be inhumane and get a first shot kill.

It is nothing but a smear campaign to scare the crap out of the uneducated public. This is not about hunting, yet they just keep trying to drill it into your mind, that these weapons are only meant to commit mass shooting of innocent people.
edit on 24-1-2013 by T4NG0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

*lol* thats funny , around here a .223 is a deer rifle only nothing bigger.
For elk or moose we use 06's or .270 or 300 winmag or bigger.

I have seen a moose taken with a .223 but it took a few try's to get it down,
the first one bounced off the moose's head and he just shook his head and went
back to eating his grass.

Shred the meat *LOL* that is funny. I have yet to shread any even with the .06
unless i hit bone, but normally it's a clean pass through the ribcage or head.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join