It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 People Infected with Mood Altering Brain Parasites!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

Look at that, wi'l kitty kat Heil-ing Hitler, so cute
Never liked them much (I got allergies). Always knew they were evil

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kokatsi

Ah, I see. That would be in relation to this I presume.

Rife Devices

American inventor Royal Rife (his real name), in 1934, cured 14 "terminal" cancer patients and hundreds of animal cancers by aiming his "beam ray" at what he called the "cancer virus." So why isn't the Rife Ray in use today? Barry Lynes, in his 1987 book The Cancer Cure That Worked, details how Rife's invention was discredited by Morris Fishbein, the director of the American Medical Association (AMA), after his offers to buy a share of the technology were rebuffed, although this has never been proven and the AMA has denied it. A 1953 U.S. Senate special investigation concluded that Fishbein and the AMA had conspired with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to suppress various alternative cancer treatments that conflicted with the AMA's pre-determined view that "radium, x-ray therapy and surgery are the only recognized treatments for cancer."

Source

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

several people have replied in this thread with treatments. For myself I am looking into anti-malarial meds.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Protip: avoid Lariam. Unless you like feeling nuts.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Some of the affects it can have on humans are. Men: Less likely to follow social rules. More suspicious. More prone to Jealousy.

I would dispute the supposed effects on men.

T. Gondii promotes dopamine and glutamate secretion, so it should have a positive effect on mood, memory and learning.

I can see how it might exacerbate schizophrenia, as it seems that dopamine is at the root cause of that condition.

Hard to see the connection to suicide, but there is a relatively high suicide rate in schizophrenia-sufferers, so that might explain the connection.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

I didn’t say it causes suicide someone else said that. I do think that people should get tested for this regularly and especially before people jump on the antidepressant bandwagon. If this is as prevalent in people as the studies say then I think that there is a good chance that many people that suffer from depression are only treating the symptoms with anti-depressants when there is a possibility they could be cured with killing the cause which may be these parasites.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I just read this in a science magazine I have a subscription to. It seems more like sci-Fi but is actually sci-fact. These little parasites can infect your brain and alter your psychology and from reports are fairly common in humans. About 1 in 4 people in the United States is reportedly infected with these buggers.

Parasites that sneak into the brain may alter your behavior and health

In the United States, almost one in four residents over the age of 12 has the infection. In other parts of the world, rates are as high as 95 percent. An unlucky minority of these infected people become quite ill. Most, however, don’t even know that their muscles and brains carry the parasite.

“Where science meets science fiction” is how Michael Dickinson of the University of Washington in Seattle describes studies of parasites that hack into their hosts’ nervous systems. The Journal of Experimental Biology, where Dickinson serves as an editor, dedicated its Jan. 1 issue to this emerging field, dubbed “neuroparasitology.” In those pages and elsewhere, clues to T. gondii’s bizarre biology are emerging. And growing evidence suggests that the hidden parasite may have visible effects.

Studies comparing the infected and the noninfected raise the possibility that the parasite tweaks a person’s personality or ups the risk of suicide attempts, brain cancer and schizophrenia. Studies in people even report links between T. gondii and traffic accidents, greater odds of having sons than daughters, extra height and unusual opinions about the smell of urine.

If so much of what people do turns out to have a touch of parasite about it, then the notion of normal human behavior may have to change. What is “routine” for people might need to encompass not just the activities of a Homo sapiens by itself, but also the doings of Homo sapiens as a walking ecosystem where microbes and mammal intermingle.

www.sciencenews.org...

Why don't you use the clark zapper or the parazapper or the ultimate zapper to destroy the parasites.

the seller of the ulitmate zapper claims he cured himself of MS which might be caused by parasites.

REMEMBER a parasite inside you is eating and then POOING inside you.

Remember that.

pooing inside you.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Look I have 4 cats, so are you trying to tell me that my cats really aren't trying to poison me? Nor are they hiding the match to all my socks?

Anyways, this could make advances in psychiatry a real possibility. Thank you for sharing this article.
edit on 27-1-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by beckybecky

I have already decided I am going to send off for the test to see if I am infected but I believe the safest route to getting rid of them if I test positive will be taking the anti-malarial medication. I don’t know that I trust electronics to zap parasites in my body that doesn’t sound safe and the research I have done on this so far hasn’t endorsed that method.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beckybecky

Why don't you use the clark zapper or the parazapper or the ultimate zapper to destroy the parasites.

Oh, please.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You may want to try using "Neem", as a natural alternative. More info here:

www.livestrong.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

You’re welcome.

Your cats may be hiding your socks though.

From what I have read this is a common parasite which you are probably more likely to catch from eating produce. The media had demonized cats at one point unfairly on the issue because it made a better story. Many other animals carry the parasite but cats catch it from killing rodents that are infected. I have indoor cats but I travel around the world a lot in many countries where things like that are more prevalent so my chances are probably high that I am infected.

The issue I think as a society we should look at on this matter is the possibility that many people who are infected are being treated for depression when they could be cured by killing the parasites. There is a risk involved when taking anti-malarial medication but it is one which I am willing to take. I take them when traveling third world countries anyway but from what I read they need to be taken with additional medication to kill the parasite.

I have had problems with depression but I cannot take antidepressants because I have been diagnosed as bi polar. Anti-depressants can make me psychotic which is a lesson that has been learned the hard way for me.That is actually a serious health issue in itself where people have been misdiagnosed for depression when they are actually bi-polar. In my case it is very mild the bi polar and I handle it with meditation and keeping myself in check when I start to get upset over something. Simply knowing that what I am feeling will pass soon helps calm me down. I wasn’t diagnosed with it until my mid 30s and at first it upset me but when I accepted it I looked back on my life and it explained a lot. However if I am infected with these parasites then that would explain something’s as well and getting rid of them could greatly improve my life. I have a bleak outlook on life more than most people but as I explained I am not a candidate for anti-depressants like others.

What I find aggravating is how the medical profession hand out scripts for mind altering medication like anti-depressant to so many people that is considered the norm in society and even though I just found out about this issue with parasites it has been common knowledge in the medical community for years. I think being tested for this should be protocol before anyone is prescribed things like anti-depressants and should be what good doctors do. It makes me wonder if big pharm has suppressed these studies from the public because if my hunch on this is correct then a good portion of people who are taking things like antidepressants wouldn’t need to if they got rid of the infection but that would cut into big pharms profits. So I guess I am on the right website because I would call that a conspiracy.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I appreciate the alternative but it doesn’t say that it kills T. gondii. It is nice to have natural alternatives at our disposal but I am going to go with the method that has the most success and has been proven to work.

I like natural remedies for things but this is something that I want to be positive will work.

I don’t know if I am even infected but the chances are high that I am. I will be sending off for the test kit this week. If I test positive I will then get the medication.

I will update the thread on my experience with this issue and if I am a carrier I will let everyone know how it goes and if I notice a difference after I get rid of the buggers.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Actually it does, but in general terms.

In Ayurveda, a traditional Indian form of medicine, neem figures into treatments for many ailments, including intestinal and other types of parasites.

Here's a more scientific explanation that addresses the specific issue:

Melia azedarach (cinnamon) and Azadirachta indica (neem) have a variety of biologically active ingredients against virus, bacteria and protozoan parasites; however, little is known about their action on Toxoplasma gondii intracellular development. Toxoplasma gondii infects all eukaryotic cells, where it establishes and multiplies inside a modified vacuole called the parasitophorous vacuole until the cell ruptures, re-infecting other cells and establishing the infection. There are no efficient chemotherapies for the elimination of T. gondii, minimizing side effects. In this study, we performed in vitro assays with neem and cinnamon aqueous extracts against the intracellular development of T. gondii tachyzoites. After treatment with neem and cinnamon for 24 h, the percentage of infected cells and the number of intracellular parasites drastically decreased. This effect was concentration-dependent. During the incubation of the extracts, progressive morphological and ultrastructure alterations led to intense vesiculation and complete elimination of the parasite from the intracellular medium. However, during the treatment with extracts, no morphological effects were observed in the structure of the host cell. These results suggest that the aqueous extracts of neem and cinnamon were capable of interfering with and eliminating the intracellular development of Toxoplasma gondii.

Source: www.scielo.br...

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

OK. That is an interesting study. It says it needs to be taken with cinnamon. The study didn’t mention that they did any human trial but they did it with cultures. I am definitely interested but I am cautious about the correct dosage and how to obtain it in the right quantity. I just did a preliminary search on the web but didn’t find those answers. I don’t really trust myself with mixing my own and I have had problems before when ordering supplements where some places don’t have any quality control. Like I said I am interested but I want to be sure before trying that method. Whichever rout I go I want to be sure it works.

Like I have said I am not even sure that I am infected but I think my chances are extremely high because of the places I travel. Do you have any other information on this or where to obtain it that is trustworthy?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not all antibiotics penetrate the CNS and cross the blood brain barrier. So that's something that needs to be taken into consideration.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zinky

Originally posted by 0mage
someone should check obama and his administration.. they might be 90% parasite...

Do you even realize how much of an idiot such a statement makes you look like?

This topic has to do with health issues - and you inject politics?

You are one of these people who will take ANY topic - be it anything from fast food to the Super Bowl - and you just have to throw politics into it.

A person could be talking about sea horses for Christ's sake - and YOU and your ILK would try to twist it to politics.

Do you NOT realize how GODDAMNED DUMB you look? Do you have ANY clue AT ALL?

And not only are 99.99% of all people SICK TO DEATH of people like you - it weakens your "cause" - whatever it is - and thus NO ONE takes you seriously.

I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

Also - if "one liners" are removed here - why isn't this type of BS removed as well? It adds NOTHING to the discussion at hand.
edit on 25-1-2013 by Zinky because: (no reason given)

i realize.. but did i not mention im a standup comedian?

I LOL.

then again.. is it political?? what if they are infected? and the whole of congress brains arent working right?

just saying..

thanks for quoting me

u've got quite a mood swing going there for a one liner comment.. sure u dont have parasites all up in ur noodles??

p.s. - i got more stars than you

edit on 28-1-2013 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by Manhater

Get a cat, Manhater

I did, but someone stole him or ran him over

That's terrible!

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I've been a cat owner/wrangler for years and have been scratched uncountable times. I'll bet I have it! Don't know if this was mentioned, but a more immediate threat/concern is so-called Cat Scratch Fever. I get this whenever I get scratched by one of my pets and don't think to treat the scratches with rubbing alcohol. Now I'm not a doctor or a scientist, but I have come to correlate the scratches with the illness. It's like a cold in that it causes a fever only with no other symptoms, except that sometimes I get fearful and paranoid for no reason. I think that's related to the fever. It clears up in a few days.

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
My cat pickd me out and simply moved in.....hmmmmmmmm.......
I have been feeding it and caring for it since as well.......hmmmmmmmmmm
Ya dont think?
Naaw thats too far out.........
but maybe.........

I believe that's true. Over the years I have come to believe that a cat chooses its owner and place to live. A coworker told me the other day of the death of his cat. She was about 17 years old. He said that when she was a kitten she tarried around his front door for days until he let her in, despite his trying to discourage her. I recently realized when I found my giant orange tomcat by the road (he was a tiny kitten then) he chose the moment when I passed to start meowing in his little squeaky kitten way, so I would pick him up. They can "sniff out" cat lovers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join