It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1 in 4 People Infected with Mood Altering Brain Parasites!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I was hospitalised for 3 weeks with T. Gondii when I was child (20 years ago) so I guess there is some kind of cure. They cured physical symptoms at least but I´m really not sure if the bugs gone. Will ask my mother about it (she is doctor).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
They have a treatment for this:

According to Merck the standard drug to counter infection is pyrimethamine

So I don't see why they don't just use it if it's suspected in schizophrenia?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

haha mine too. she just turned up one day and never left

bzzzzzzz tssssk, might go buy a really fast motorbike and ride it in the snow

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There is no need to throw out Fluffy. Cats are just one of the more know carriers.

The parasite can infect grizzly bears, bison, chinchillas, elephants, domestic goats and sheep, koalas, New World monkeys, barred owls, pigeons, pronghorn, sea lions, wombats and many more species. Such a vast range of immune systems to evade shows the virtuosity of the parasites.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
cat ownership isn’t even a reliable predictor of T. gondii infection. Eating undercooked meat presents a bigger threat. The point of the original studies, Vittecoq emphasizes, is that, regardless of how someone gets a parasite, the infection itself might be linked to brain cancer. Now researchers need to take a more detailed look at the possible associations

If there is a cure for the parasites it isn’t in the article I am sourcing if anyone know of a cure I would be interested to hear about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

They have a treatment for this: According to Merck the standard drug to counter infection is pyrimethamine So I don't see why they don't just use it if it's suspected in schizophrenia?

I posted it two over yours

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Amazing story, thanks so much for sharing the details in a well-presented & well-written manner.

I have theories on certain parasitic organisms interfering with mankind in various ways, according to their particular types, but they aren't really suited for open discussion in this thread. However, I'll be following up on your info with keen interest, with dedication to discovering the larger implications of these carefully backed-up & well-researched findings. By way of explanation, these ideas fit neatly with some of my own musings & research - I'm a writer, and some of my focus in recent years has revolved around biotechnology & associated fields of study.. Consequently, I have an idea that these organic 'brain parasites' may be relevant to par-theories I currently hold based in such topics as psychopharmacology & schizoaffective disorders. Of special note is the overtly studied link with schizophrenia, as you mentioned in the OP, and my interest is piqued.

All the best,

FITO.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I wouldnt mind taking it. I already take part of the treatment when I travel to South America.

Pyrimethamine (Daraprim) is a medication used for protozoal infections. It is commonly used as an antimalarial drug (for both treatment and prevention of malaria), and is also used (combined with sulfadiazine) in the treatment of Toxoplasma gondii infections in immunocompromised patients,
I wonder if my doctor will look at me crazy when I bring this up??

edit on 25-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I would ride or die for my 3 cats!!! No matter what!
I have had cats my entire life and I am very sane, more so than most. I'm calling BS on this one.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
What?
The parasite can alter moods, to such a degree that it may increase suicidal behavior, but they aren't to worried about it?

How about finding a way to kill it?

That was some very interesting yet extremely creepy reading!

They are genetically engineered parasites from the Draco Reptilians.
The parasites are swarming all over their reptilian dreadnought starships.

The parasite factories have been destroyed on Earth.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
After doing a little more reading into this and thanks to Vkey08 for finding the treatment I really wonder why this isn’t a common treatment being administered first to those who are diagnosed with depression. The treatment is basically anti malaria medicine combined with sulfadiazine and it seems simple enough of a precautionary measure. Even though cats are carriers they get it from rodents or at least in the wild. Indoor cats are less likely to carry it. I wonder how many people are being treated for depression when thy could be cured by simply taking a cocktail of anti-malaria drugs.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I knew it!!!

Cute & cuddly but agile & fast - the perfect covert infiltration unit!!!

You damn aliens!!! You'll never take me alive!!! I'm keeping my cat though...just so we're clear

She's pretty awesome & all I have to do is feed her for free & pick up her crap after her...oh yeah & fix the stuff she's managed to destroy over the years (carpet, chair, carpet, bed, carpet...etc.)

You'd think I'd be upset with her for freeloading & ruining my stuff but...I don't know...I'm just not...if it was someone else I'd probably think they were under some kind of mind control...or had a brain parasite or something.

Oh, wait a minute...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Wouldn’t it be interesting if they found that the primary cause of schizophrenia is because of these parasites? I didn’t find anything in the article about how to kill the parasites. Just think though. If the primary cause is the parasite then finding a way to kill it could solve many mental health issues. Maybe big pharma doesn’t want to find a cure.

Edit to add

There is quite a bit more to the article I linked but I didn’t want to sound like a fear monger. I do think it is interesting and worth being aware of.

BTW yup I have been assimilated by my cats. There is no hope for me.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

I didn't get my MH from Parasites.... I know for a fact what happened in my life, led to me becoming Schizphrenic!!

However, maybe I do have these Parasites and they are contributing to my MH... maybe if these could be killed off, then the Schizophrenia may heal itself!!

Next time I see my Doctor, I shall ask about this....
edit on 25-1-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

oh man my skin starts to crawl when i read about things like that... something similiar would wipe us all out, now i just think about the ant fungus thingy that controls their minds..
am i infected?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i saved the original article from The Register.. from some time ago (Posted in Science, 7th November 2011 11:12 GMT)

the links may still work

from one of my folders, excerpts

THESE LINKS ARE ARTICLES ON THE BRAIN PARASITE (T.GONDII=Toxoplasma gondii)

WHICH COMES FROM CAT WASTE ON UNWASHED VEGETABLES...

25% OF AMERICANS HAVE THIS BRAIN PARASITE THAT HAS EFFECTS LIKE A.D.D .& SCHIZOPHRENIA ATTACKS IN THE SUFFERERS...
THE PARASITE AFFECTS THE DOPAMINE IN ONES BRAIN

www.plosone.org...
www.theregister.co.uk...

"Dopamine is a natural chemical which relays messages in the brain controlling aspects of movement, cognition and behaviour. It helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centres and regulates emotional responses such as fear. The presence of a certain kind of dopamine receptor is also associated with sensation-seeking, whereas dopamine deficiency in humans results in Parkinson's disease."

"Toxoplasma gondii's primary host organism is cats, but it can also live in other creatures including humans and rats. Humans are infected with it by eating unwashed vegetables with cat poo on them: it's estimated that between 10 and 20 per cent of Brits carry the protozoan parasite and perhaps 22 per cent of Americans. Normally the hidden brain invader appears to have little effect on a human host, though it can kill in certain cases – for instance in the case of someone whose immune system isn't working."

"t's been known for some time that T gondii has a more serious effect on rats and mice, in which they lose their fear of cats or even become attracted to them. This is obviously bad news for the host, as it tends to get killed and eaten, but good news for T gondii as it gets to infect another cat where it can reproduce"

i noticed that the original TEXT had the statement :

...THIS BRAIN PARASITE THAT HAS EFFECTS LIKE A.D.D .& SCHIZOPHRENIA ATTACKS IN THE SUFFERERS...

to me that reads attacks which resemble or have some similar traits to that of schizo attacks...

the common denominator being Dopamine.... noteworthy is the mention that Parkinsons disease is related to this T gondii mess somewhat
edit on 25-1-2013 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I would rather these guys personally, than the little parasites you can't see...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

Originally posted by Kokatsi
reply to post by Renegade2283

Garlic is a good precaution as long as they are not yet in your brain - then the zapper helps only.
This bug makes watery eyes and protracted sinus infections too, sometimes partial paralysis of a facial muscle. Zapping will gradually remove it though.

Zapper? What is that exactly?

Also, does this parasite cause permanent damage? Even if only "infected" for a short period of time?

Zappers clean viruses, bacteria and some parasites by conducting some tolerable electricity of certain frequencies into the human body. This effect was discovered by a research MD called Royal Raymond Rife. He claimed he could see microbes being destroyed by electric frequencies by a special microscope no one was able to replicate since then. While there is disagreement to how they work, and what sort of machinery you need to zap, it is certainly a worthy area of research, if discouraged by mainstream medical science these days.

The cheapest units are around 40 dollars, they range into the thousands, though you can zap with your sound card and a pair of speaker wires too.

Some people say Rife used only much higher frequencies, other say zappers work mainly by stimulating your immune system. I tried it effectively for viruses and minor infections over the years. Dr. Hulda Clark built some promising research around using zappers and it is mostly the frequencies that can be gotten from simple PC's.

Google zapper or Hulda Clark or Rife.

While this topic appears a little fantastical, it is not far from the ideas of Hulda Clark.
Now if all it takes is some computer skills and treating yourself with some mildly vibrating wires while you surf or read (it is not a good idea to watch youtube while you zap from your comp as all soundwaves get transformed into electric signals and you may get a sudden shock).

(All this is self-experimentation of course, at this point, no clinically proven medical claims, while heart patients people using pacemakers etc. and generally anyone in doubt should consult a health professional).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Not this one again. I remember there was a thread about how this parasite can be the one responsible for the suicide rates in our military.

Eventually common sense prevailed and it just didn't seem feasible due to the nature of the parasite.

A THEORY on the dramatic increase of suicide rates in the Military
here you go
edit on 25-1-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

One time I made a comment about cats and some now banned member said that they were going to *Snip* their neighbors with a *Snip*. It was horrible, awful. When you say something like that especially in a thread with this topic it can create a witch hunt. I have noting to apologize about. If you read my next comment to you it pretty much clarified that without having to disclose this reason.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I am not anti-cat. Obviously, the solution is finding cures (most likely zapping works as well as the named medications) and not the elimination of cats around you - an impossible task even if you are anti-cat.

The research article mentions that undercooked meat is probably a greater risk, and if you handle cat litter with hygienic ways, you are not at risk.

I was not prepared for the sheer immaturity of someone attacking cats merely because they carried a common parasite. Dogs carry stuff too, for that matter, and so do city pigeons. The obvious thing is to find healing ways and improve our hygiene.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The quoted article is full of linguistic fun (at least from the POV of for non-experts).

Some quotes:

Incubation with the custom antibody (1:2500) 4°C overnight was followed by washing in PBS-Tween (0.05%) and incubation with an anti-rabbit (1:5000) conjugated horseradish peroxidase antibody (Sigma) at room temperature for 1 hour.

Wow. Anti-rabbits are conjugated - with horseradish?
Anti-rabbitus, anti-rabbitorum Wasabius...

Who said science wasn't fun?

Invasion of the body snatchers: the diversity and evolution of manipulative strategies in host-parasite interactions.

Fatal attraction in rats infected with Toxoplasma gondii

And I haven't even quoted the anti-mice...
So, for the sake of fairness, anti-cats should be balanced with anti-rabbits and anti-mice... all conjugated with horseradish, of course...

Scientific study

edit on 1/25/2013 by Kokatsi because: adding source

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join