It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH Snap! Docs Indicate FBI Knew Terrorist Anwar al-Aulaqi Purchased Airline Tickets for 9/11 Hijacke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Storm,

Hang in there, your over halfway there.
It gets better...speaking from experience.

Of course there is always the easy way out, The FBI denies that they were aware.
[sarcasm /]

You will find your way, blessings.

edit on 24-1-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I was just thinking about all the regime changes since 9/11, and recently after Obama came to office.

Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Libya, Syria.

They put people in power, they take people out of power,

What do you see?

And who is the United States government aligning themselves with?

I think we have had a regime change, so to speak, as well.

I would say that your spot on Storm.
The boys in the basement are in the business of destabilization....
They destabilize, then change comes....

Hope and Change.....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
don't kid yourselfs the FBI knew
www.justacitizen.com...
re Sybel Edmunds the fbi translater that pssed the info up the ladder re 911 and was super shut down
edit on 24-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
don't kid yourselfs the FBI knew

They did, remember this?

www.fas.org...
www.justice.gov...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

if you need more proof go to nova PBS spy factory it tells the hole story on how when and whom knew but could not nor would not do anything, FBI and CIA could not tell one an other 1wounder if they still don't?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
If any one has wisdom they can figure this out

ELEANOR HILL: There was a great anticipation that there was going to be an attack on U.S. interests by Al Qaeda. Most people believed it was going to be overseas. And so, tragically, their focus was on their job, which was looking overseas and not so much on what was happening in the U.S., which they viewed as the FBI's job.

MARK ROSSINI: As the chronology goes on: July 4, 2001: Al-Mihdhar entered the U.S. on Saudi Arabian Flight 53, via J.F.K., in New York City, using a B1 business visa and listing his intended address as the Marriot Hotel, New York City. That was the Marriot Hotel at the World Trade Center.

NARRATOR: To make final preparations for their attack, al-Hazmi, al-Mihdhar and Hanjour drive south on the New Jersey Turnpike. They avoid staying in large cities. They avoid hotel chains with computerized registration. Instead, the crew drives into the Maryland town of Laurel and checks in to the low-budget Valencia Motel. By now they have their final assignment, targeting the Pentagon.
still think it was not an inside job? the above is from this link www.pbs.org...
edit on 25-1-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Anwar al-Awlaki's dinner at The Pentagon always seemed to be a debriefing to me.He suffered the same fate that all assets do when they reach the end of their usefulness he was deposed of.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This is no real surprise, I Al-Awlaki (not Aulaki) was known to have links to the 9/11 hijackers, he is mentioned in the 9/11 commission, the hijackers were known admirers of him and they even found a phone number for Awlaki among the personal effects of one of the hijackers. Because of this the FBI did question him something like 8 times and had him under surveillance after 9/11 they probably did know that he had financial links to the hijackers including buying the tickets.

The problem according to FBI investigators was that they could not prove his role in the 9/11 plot. It is not a crime to buy plane tickets, it’s not a crime form someone to have your phone number and he was incredibly uncooperative and evasive. They just couldn’t pin him down on anything he even publically condemned the attacks initially saying that no Muslim could have been responsible and he was a prominent figure in the Islamic community. They couldn’t prove that he has prior knowledge to of the attacks although he clearly probably did.

That might be why then in 2002 he fled to the UK and then in 2004 he fled to Yemen. That is also why I have always been somewhat sceptical about his alleged invite to the pentagon. It would make since that they would invite him as part of an outreach program to the more extreme elements of the American Islamic community. However in 2002 he was a well known suspect in the 9/11 investigation and he had fled to the UK.

Also just to note at the time of his death he had formally renounced his American citizenship and was not longer a American Citizen.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

At the time these attacks occured Al-Aulaqi was known by DHS as being highly praised religious guru in the muslem communities...it wasnt until after the attacks that the were made aware of how extremist his views were that later bumped him up into the "terroist" category. This doesnt mean someone higher up didnt have foreknowledge these acts would occur...but in a culture of "you only need to know what we tell you", DHS more than likely acted this way based on the info they were provided.

This certainly doesnt excuse all the red flags they had leading up to the attacks...but they do have to walk a fine line when labeling someone with extreme views as being involved in terrorist plotting.

I think this was more a case in which they had a good idea, but neglected to act before it was already too late.

As far as him having US ties...so has every other terrorist organizer we've dealt with so far. (gave weapons to Hussain, the bushes and Bin Ladens were best buds in the oil biz) ... As sad as it is, this is simply no surprise to see this guy sitting down to dinner with the Pentagon given our political past track record.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I like to keep my mouth out of the 911 topic as my beliefs do not follow along the lines of most conspiracy folks. I find debating with 911 truther's to be similar to debating Obama's Citizenship, pointless.

I do have a theory I will go ahead and post up here but I will not enter into a debate. First let me say I have done a ton of research and had a great connection with an Air Force officer that was directly involved in the recovery effort of Flight 93. I know something most don't and am unable to repeat it publicly (boy am I gonna get flamed for that tidbit).

There are several (twelve if I remember correctly) levels of Top Secret that are above the POTUS. I firmly believe that there was a conspiracy afoot. That however, did not involve controlled demolition of the Twin Towers, although I do have my doubts about the third building collapsing that had a ton of missing gold.....

First I approached my investigation of 911 from a pilots perspective. I looked at dispatch times and flight paths of several interceptors and found some interesting things. Added to what I "know" (was told) I have come to the following conclusion.

I firmly believe that there were members of our intelligence community that were fully expecting the three airliners to be hijacked. They wanted to a war on "terror" and allowing three airliners to be hijacked was in and of itself a good plan for achieving that goal. Did anyone in the intelligence community think even for a second that the Twin Towers were a target? NOPE! Personally I think the only people that knew what final destinations were to be, were the pilots of the planes. The other hijackers may have been clueless that they were even involved in a suicide plot.

Simply put, someone in our Government knew what was happening, they just got the targets wrong. The Bush Administration lost a TON of close friends in the tower attacks. Big money friends.......

Like I said, I have no plan to debate my post. Believe it or not. The choice is entirely your own.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

^ This is somewhere near the thinking I have about this subject only that covers maybe 15 % of it.

Somebody at some level knew something was going to happen. They probably didn't know 100% until it actually did take place though. ( or only 1-5 people did )

* Reminds me of the Hidden Hand post. - You know where TPTB or those who have tons of wealth and influence, just let things happen and then take advantage of the natural occurrences.

Things are going to happen.....I feel there are people in positions who have plans in order that relate to certain things happening in the world.

EX: Scenario 1 happens.....They go with plan A

* Scenario 2 happens...they go with plan B

ect.....

The Who, What, Why, When, Where, & How are all still a mystery though.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Maybe the FBI offered him a deal and that is why he was released on those two arrests. He could have become a FBI source for inside information on the Al Qaeda network.

It's possible he went against his agreement in 2010 and that is the reason Obama put him on the assassination list. Actually there are many possible reason for all these actions.

IMO, it is all speculation and proves absolutely nothing.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tide88

I think what you are saying about the possibility he became a FBI informant is at first glance possible however when you think about it a little further it is unlikely.

The FBI have said that they believed he had a role in the 9/11 attacks, as I outlined in my first post. As such they thought that he had a central role in the plot, the only reason to have him as an informant would be to gain intelligence about the leader so of Al-Qa’ida and there is no evidence to support this. It would also be a massive risk for the FBI to take on such a informant as he is likely to provide false information and it is also possible that he would then speak out against the FBI for attempting to recruit him.

Also from 2002 onwards he was out of America and he even formally renounced his citizenship.

I do not believe he was a FBI informant, just doesn’t add up to me.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This "they knew about the attack and let it happen" is neither here nor there, it is this even more bizarre and baseless angle going between the "Official Story" and what actually happened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join