Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

ATS Loading time

page: 1

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Is it just me, or has ATS really started loading slowly recently? On my computer, it's just ATS. When I click myATS, or My Posts, it freezes up my entire Firefox until it finally responds. I believe it does this on my PC and my Laptop at home. It's never when I'm loading threads, but when I go into some sort of account management, or something specific to my login.

Are you guys running a ton of scripts or something? My PC has a bunch of anonymity and script blocker type add-ons, but the laptop doesn't, and they both do the same thing, if that helps cancel out a few possibilities.

Anyways, love the site, just had to ask. Thanks.
edit on 24-1-2013 by jessejamesxx because: typo

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This happens to me every once in a while... not too often. However, when it does happen, the page load is always waiting on an external, third-party link to continue on with the rest of the page. There's probably not much they can do about that, especially when it doesn't happen consistently.

There are a number of browser plug-ins available also that will analyze your page load and tell you exactly where the hang-ups are.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The only reason I bring this up is because sometimes it takes nearly 30 seconds to unfreeze, and I didn't notice the changes until the site had that makeover recently.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It happens with firefox sometimes.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I usually don't have an issue at all with loading, but did the other day, for some reason. Yes, I use Firefox (like, forever), and it's never caused loading problems before. The day it did, I got this as what was trying to load, at the bottom of the screen:

cdn.triggertag.gorillanation.com

No idea why, and never noticed anything like that before, but the blasted thing hung up every time I tried logging in. After that one day, no issues since, though.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Not for nothing, but certain add ons, such as ghostery, and others, can cause the page to load slow or freeze up. I make ATS an exception in every add on that will allow me to, but ghostery is one that I often have to kill while surfing ATS.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

What day was that?

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I have to say that I have been experiencing brain freezes like this using Firefox for the last 30 days... screen freezes that last about 30 seconds or so. Not only on ATS, but on other sites as well. I have never had this experience prior to the last month or so.
edit on 26-1-2013 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

What day was that?

I think that was on Thursday. Not 100% sure, but 95%. Wasn't last night or today, so if not Thursday, then Wednesday.

I know it was the day I came back on, after a few days of not being on site, if that helps. So, probably the 23'rd. If not, then the 24'th. No issues AT ALL yesterday or today, though. Usually don't have any here. The antivirus didn't pop up any warnings, either. Usually, Kaspersky will pop something up if there is any intrusion attempt. NEVER seen that on ATS.
edit on 26-1-2013 by LadyGreenEyes because: added note

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Weird....I haven't had any issues. Of course, that could be the version, too. I am using version 12 at the moment, which isn't the most current. Have you tried their website for answers? Most issues I have had, I have been able to locate a solution for.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have this problem often here its usually waiting for or loading one of the add links sometimes its more pronounced but hey nothing's perfect right!

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Alright, slight correction. JUST had a page not wanting to load, after trying to star a post, and that plus some other thing showed as "waiting for" at the bottom of the page. Hit refresh, back, etc, before it finally loaded. Also, another weird thing; I got, a couple of times, the page loaded, then it would blip to a mostly white page with something like "you don't have permission to see that post" or something like that at the upper left, in pale script. It did finally load, but very weird. This is the thread I was on when it happened:

link

top topics

join