It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm sorry I cannot for the life of me believe there are people in this world that actually support these kinds of laws. This is an absolute outrage.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

accepted for if those very lawmakers were exposed to xenomorphs would they allow if forced...
1 avoids this sensitive area for its the mothers who must.... and if infected by ill host/father with illness STDs AIDS ect that would pass to child from rape and infect the coming souls vessel / environment suit-
What does nature do?
mothers and their offspring and yes at times very disgusting.. @ home pets observed by many with cats and kittens.

Take it as a sensitive subject and allow the females the overall SAY. if that seems logical

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
O K.
If a woman is impregnated by rape and the government can force her to carry the child to term against her will; should this not make the government responsible for the care of this child until it becomes an adult ? In effect - becoming the child's father?
Now, considering this line of thought, how would such circumstances effect the "entitlement programs" which many say are currently the problem with government spending.
Otherwise, the government is passing on much unwanted, and undeserved, hardship to it's citizens. Not only punishing a woman for getting raped, but punishing a child for things which happened before it's birth. This would only serve to increase the size of the population which will, no doubt, live below the income poverty line.
I can't help but feel a good deal more clear thinking should have gone into proposing this bill.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
at times i feel i am no longer living in the america i once new but some other foreign country.

this bill makes me feel someone wants to turn this country into another islamic nightmare. if no one noticed, i will spell it out for you.

this bill is a stepping stone into sharia law. this is exactly how they treat a woman in those countries. if a woman is raped she has no rights to prosecute her rapists and often has to take the court ordered punishment given out by the islamic sharia law courts.

this system often forces a woman to have the baby under sharia law.

this makes me wonder who is really running this show.

wake up

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Artistic

It's not Sharia law, as that is Islamic. It's Canon Law (which is the Christian/Catholic equivalent). As long as it's doesn't violate US secular law, there's no problem with it. But when it starts infringing on the right of a person to their own person, it becomes a BIG problem and we cannot allow it.

edit on 1/26/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join