Why is being “Homeless” such a bad thing? Maybe it's not!

page: 4
23
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I believe there is a Billionaire who has a grandaughter in the USA who chose to become homeless .

Take a look at this headline :

The homeless billionaire: Burger King boss doesn't own a house or even a watch (even though he's worth £1.5bn)
Nicolas Berggruen, 50, has £1.5billion fortune... he says
'Whatever I own is only temporary. It's our actions that have real value'
Like most nomads, Nicolas Berggruen travels light.
He doesn't own a house, car or even a watch and the few belongings he does have are carried around in a paper bag.



It is rarely spoken about, but this understanding is exploding all over the world. If you want an example that there really is a change happening in the world, this idea is a perfect example of it. Once people refuse to be a prisoner to money and possessions, the whole system will come apart.

I will do everything I can to help people break free...

Please spread this kind of discussion. This is how we change the world folks...

Peace




posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


I'm just retiring from my job, not my life.

My wife and I have plans to do lots of things once I'm not bound to the office anymore.



Good for you.

What if you don't make it to that date Bob? Or your wife?

What precious time you have lost...
edit on 24-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)
edit on 24-1-2013 by Wanderer112358 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered
 

10 maybe 15 years ago a couple of stock brokers were caught panhandling. They had a change of clothes and during their brakes they'd go beg for money. Made around 150$ per day. I'll try to find a source.
edit on 24-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by FreedomEntered
 

10 maybe 15 years ago a couple of stock brokers were caught panhandling. They had a change of clothes and during their brakes they'd go beg for money. Made around 150$ per day. I'll try to find a source.
edit on 24-1-2013 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)


Taking from others like this is just another form of thief. Believe me, karma is real...



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer112358

You know what I am saying is the truth...


Far more than you realize....
Thank you for this thread.It made me happy today.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by Wanderer112358

You know what I am saying is the truth...


Far more than you realize....
Thank you for this thread.It made me happy today.


That is my ONLY purpose for me coming here. Thank from the bottom of my heart for your kindness.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes, thats the one . The homeless professionals. They were con men. Not really homeless.

Anyway, the point is . I think we now have a world where we cant DO things, like women no longer make clothes, men no longer build their own homes, we depend on other countries alot to create more material goods for us to consume on a huge basis.

Due to this we are having this global melt down. Gypsy type of lifestyle would create more self-sufficiency. And people would explore perhaps more but have more control over the global economy even.

But as it stands people are soooo dependant, on television, already made foods, clothes, cars, morgages. And so forth that they are becoming like babies/children. Just awaiting their presidents to take us into a more controlled world infact. Its highly dangerous how people are behaving. They need to if they want to make a more exciting and less dangerous world, get off their backs and start living in the real world. Not some fabricated reality by a dodgy politician.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I just added another thread for anyone interested:

====================================

"Being alone does not mean that we have to feel lonely. Loneliness is not a condition we must live."

www.abovetopsecret.com...



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 



What a pile of silly generalities there. This post is great example of the way society judges others.

Thanks.

How would you survive in a city without food and a home? What a pile of naivety/ willful ignorance.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
They need to if they want to make a more exciting and less dangerous world, get off their backs and start living in the real world. Not some fabricated reality by a dodgy politician.


I do live in the real world.
Your vision of the real world is different then mine which is different then someone else.

I get up every day and work 45 -50 hours a week making a great living in my career doing something I love for something I fully support. I pay my taxes , dont break the law, watch what I enjoy, read what I enjoy and listen to the music I want. I take vacations when I want, usually out west to a specific national park and get lost in the beauty of nature.

For you to say I live in some fabricated reality is about as wrong as my saying you are a vagrant because of the lifestyle you choose.

edit on 24-1-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Im speaking of the prejudice towards certain homeless groups namely the " Gypsies" and Im saying that your reality and way of life of living in a "home" is no more valid than theres.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


Sorry, but I have a pressing need for a comfy bed, hot and cold running water, electricity and above all heating.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


Sound silly, delusional or naive right? You decide, but it makes me very happy. How can that be wrong?

Please forgive me. Nothing wrong here. I wasn't saying it very well. Something I typed gave you a wow because you have that same something in you already. Thats where the "wow" came from, not me. I was making that distinction, thats all. That you were touched or happy about it is wonderful.

Edit to add: By the way, this thread touched me today too. Thanks for stating it...
edit on 24-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Ive mixed with very wealthy and very poor. You know the wealthy have at times all sorts of problems, issues, crisis, fights with self/ with others, disease, lack of identity and so forth.

Wealth and posessions isnt the measure of a man.


I like that. The more money you have the more expensive your emergencies are.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


Sound silly, delusional or naive right? You decide, but it makes me very happy. How can that be wrong?

Please forgive me. Nothing wrong here. I wasn't saying it very well. Something I typed gave you a wow because you have that same something in you already. Thats where the "wow" came from, not me. I was making that distinction, thats all. That you were touched or happy about it is wonderful.

Edit to add: By the way, this thread touched me today too. Thanks for stating it...
edit on 24-1-2013 by intrptr because: additional...


Again, you are a wise old soul. I'm glad you found this thread worth reading.

Take care my friend.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I tell you what if I had a good amount of money like enough to where I could spend $100 a day and not work and just do whatever. I would be homeless I wouldn't waste the money on a place to live I would just make friends travel around and stay all over the place. It would be sweet, and really I would probably do it even if I had $20 or $30 a day to spend and not have to work. I havea motorcycle gets like 80mpg I would just travel around on that, carry what I can on the bike and sail in the wind.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I am "Homeless", I have been for about 4 years. I do not have a home, No address. In the summer I work all over the UK and live onsite in my van or in a tent, over the winter I stay with whoever has a spare room and is in dire need of the extra cash or companionship I provide.

I am never short of somewhere to stay and those I stay with wish they had the "strength" that I have to live free.

I earn around £6000 a year tops and am still alive.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


Homelessness does have it's percs believe it or not. It allows you to travel and meet new people. Your no longer tied down to one area. You have nothing to lose so you become more of a risk taker. Meaning you may use your last 50 dollars to take a bus somewhere you might not have gone.I know I experienced it after my grandma died and my mother went to hospus because of a liver disease. During the summer time it's pretty cool. Camping out in the woods. By late fall your ready to figure something out. Which you should have been looking for friends during the good months. I think alot of people don't like the idea of people being independent from them. Old friends just can't seem to accept change.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by XsweetNspiceyX
reply to post by Wanderer112358
 


Homelessness does have it's percs believe it or not. It allows you to travel and meet new people. Your no longer tied down to one area. You have nothing to lose so you become more of a risk taker. Meaning you may use your last 50 dollars to take a bus somewhere you might not have gone.I know I experienced it after my grandma died and my mother went to hospus because of a liver disease. During the summer time it's pretty cool. Camping out in the woods. By late fall your ready to figure something out. Which you should have been looking for friends during the good months. I think alot of people don't like the idea of people being independent from them. Old friends just can't seem to accept change.


Yes, I agree.

I think friends are a fantasy to be honest, not because people are bad, but because they are just like us and make mistakes. Best to trust in yourself in my view.



posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wanderer112358

Once people refuse to be a prisoner to money and possessions, the whole system will come apart.




Or maybe it will come together.

Sometimes something needs to come apart to be able to fix it.





top topics
 
23
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join