It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Sees Obama’s Gun Control Plan Favorably

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Thank you for posting that advantage, if there are two groups that given the lessons of history,should cherish the 2nd Amendment more than any other segment of our population it should be Native Americans and African Americans. Both were subject to the very first "gun grabs" and regulations that ever passed as laws in the US.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This is going to get out of hand fast. If a gun ban passes, the next civil war will start. Its what TPTB want. They want us to fight with ourselves so they can march in the UN under martial law and clean house. you can see it coming from a mile away. All the evidence is clear.
edit on 24-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

No it won't.

For the simple fact that people who say this have no clue who they think their enemy is. I did a whole thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to say that your enemy is going to be a politician...the first gun nut that shoots a politician will have the American public against them.

If you want to say that your enemy is going to be law enforcement trying to do their job...ditto...first gun nut that shoots a law enforcement officer because they think they are "coming for their guns", will have the American public against them and anyone that supports them.

The problem you guys have with Civil War/Revolution being your "solution" to gun control, is that you will just prove those of us that are calling for more gun restrictions right if you use your guns as your "solution".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

NBC is a liberal news network. Romney was ahead in most polls, and Obama won by a fair margin, so. Polls are worthless, nearly.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

NBC is a liberal news network. Romney was ahead in most polls, and Obama won by a fair margin, so. Polls are worthless, nearly.

Romney was not ahead in most polls.

It's a little early to start trying to re-write history...especially since all the data is readily available.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

What really happened was Romney supporters, Fox News, and other Right Wing media kept saying the polls were skewed and flawed....because they had Obama winning.

And this is exactly what you are doing here...trying to ignore the data because it disagrees with your opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

as long as governments are around, citizens should always have the right to bear arms. people who are in power are in fact in power because they love power.

once in a while, people have to take the power back from these men and women. they ARE necessary.

So why can't you "take the power back" with your BRAINS, instead of your guns...or don't you have any of that grey stuff to rely on if you need it?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Hey, In all honesty, I could give two craps about paper. I would like a revolution to occur. Let blood and flesh decide. The only thing that has ever made a difference in the history of civilizations is war.

Get your gun, and I'll get mine.

By the way, I am not perfect, and I remember hearing several times Romney was ahead in the polls all the way up until election day. I am sorry I don't care enough about polls to two give two flying ...to research them. I only care about the outcome, not some biased prediction polls, and that is including all news networks.
edit on 24-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

You do realize that if you say you are starting a revolution against the United States Of America, that means you are declaring you are no longer part of the country and therefore are no longer granted the rights the Constitution gives you....right?

Gun people really don't think these things through very well.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Wow, you failed at that insult. You take the Constitution, and you copy it.

You don't think things through, do you?

Not to mention, we could probably take some pointers from Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Perhaps the vocal ones are the gun nuts (said without malice) and the rest are just quietly anti gun, to be honest I wouldnt want to upset someone to their face if I knew they were a gun owner.

Gun lovers almost seem religious to me as an outsider,

The passion and vehemence they display is disturbing.

Being on this site Ive come to realise guns are more than just a tool or weapon, they are a symbol to many Americans.
They represent freedom, power, democracy, liberty and all these other good catch words.

I genuinely feel pity for those of you who go through life feeling they are a nescessity.

As a non American I would love to believe that the vast majority of you are against guns but Ill admit it doesnt seem that way and that the poll is most likely BS.

Sad sad times we live in whatever side of the fence your on

Ive notice you have slowly opened your mind and stepped into our shoes, (Americans), to try and understand why we are so passionate about the gun topic. It’s what started the revolutionary war. The red coats marched into Lexington and concord to confiscate the peoples arms. History doesn’t know who fired the first shot but that’s where it all started.

Another example is wounded knee. The Army marched into an Indian settlement, forcefully confiscated all their guns, then slaughtered them all.

Firearms is a symbol of liberty to us. And as history shows, those who take the guns end up being tyrants.

Star for your new found balanced view.

Seems to me like you misunderstood this poster's view.....to your advantage.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Wow, you failed at that insult. You take the Constitution, and you copy it.

You don't think things through, do you?

Great...you copy it...you are still no longer part of the United States while still in United States territory actively warring against it.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

........ ever heard of the little thing called the Civil War? Except this time, we really rebel over State's and personal freedom / rights.

If I join the secession, it's because America betrayed me.

Ill take that American flag down and put up a flag that is yellow and says, " don't tread on me."

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Really, any gun plan that the exucutive placates without the senate 2/3 majoritiy is a crime

enough said

curious to see how this president is going to pull off this executive privelage without a senate vote, and even if he gets the senate vote, this will emancipate the constitution.

Thus, once that happens, will they come out of closed doors new proclamation

Intersting times

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

........ ever heard of the little thing called the Civil War? Except this time, we really rebel over State's and personal freedom / rights.

If I join the secession, it's because America betrayed me.

Yes, because the Civil War turned out so well for those that tried to secede.

It's such a silly conversation...because I bet you don't even know who your enemy would be in your fantasy revolution.

If you think the best solution to respond to gun control is gun violence...you are just proving those of us that see a problem with our gun culture right.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Gun Violence? What else am I suppose to do? I wont be shooting at any one unless a state sanctions a secession. I'll just move to another country because those that are willing to sacrifice freedom for safety deserve neither, and you don't deserve me fighting for your freedom, but if a state leaves the Union, then that fantasy is going to become your worst nightmare.

By the way, if you would get out of your fantasy world of peace, my enemy is the person that attempts to kill me. If you have been to Iraq or Afghanistan, you don't know who your enemy is until they attack, generally.

It proves that you are part of the weak American syndrome we have going around. Peace! Peace! Protect me from my neighbor! I should not have to protect and provide for myself!
edit on 25-1-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

but if a state leaves the Union, then that fantasy is going to become your worst nightmare.

Why would it become my nightmare?

Are you suggesting that if I don't live in that state that leaves the Union that I would be considered an enemy?

The only people I fear for if a State is dumb enough to try to leave the Union are the people of that State.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   

..... Really? You, no offense, but your thought process is shallow.

Those idiots that left the Union are most likely going to cause the USD to fail, countries demanding their precious metals back, and basically an economic collapse.

So, yeah, it'll be a nightmare, but worth it. If that flag betrays me and all those fallen, and suffered to protect it, I hope a few states have the balls to stand up, or leave.

Not to mention our enemies moving to take advantage of the chaos.

-----

If secession occurs, everyone will remember Adam, the man who destroyed a nation.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex

You do realize that if you say you are starting a revolution against the United States Of America, that means you are declaring you are no longer part of the country and therefore are no longer granted the rights the Constitution gives you....right?

Gun people really don't think these things through very well.

By far the worst (straw man) tactic, that I have ever seen.

You my friend deserve not only a
, but a pardon
for not only being a blatant shill to the United States Constitution,but actively being in denial to the rules and regulations of the bill of rights

i have never in my time on ATS observed an individual so blatantly go out of his way to Critique a (Red Herring) and try to oust a Patriot of the U.S. with Ad-Hock

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kingsquirel

I was going to make that argument, but I figured he doesn't care and wants to nullify parts of the Constitution. He doesn't care about our rights. So, I deferred from the Constitutional argument since he obviously sees it as something that should be altered because times are hard.

The United States should live and/or die by the Constitution.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Perhaps the vocal ones are the gun nuts (said without malice) and the rest are just quietly anti gun, to be honest I wouldnt want to upset someone to their face if I knew they were a gun owner.

Gun lovers almost seem religious to me as an outsider,

The passion and vehemence they display is disturbing.

Being on this site Ive come to realise guns are more than just a tool or weapon, they are a symbol to many Americans.
They represent freedom, power, democracy, liberty and all these other good catch words.

I genuinely feel pity for those of you who go through life feeling they are a nescessity.

As a non American I would love to believe that the vast majority of you are against guns but Ill admit it doesnt seem that way and that the poll is most likely BS.

Sad sad times we live in whatever side of the fence your on

Being passionate about something is disturbing to you? Have you ever heard the term having a paper rear end?

Your post made me think of this saying. Progressives views and beliefs flap in the wind and change constantly. Maybe that is why it is hard to understand really believing in something.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I just want to pop in with this observation, because I am sick and tired of hearing that the majority wants it so tough.

Just after the completion and signing of the Constitution, in reply to a woman's inquiry as to the type of government the Founders had created, Benjamin Franklin said, "A Republic, if you can keep it."

Not only have we failed to keep it, most don't even know what it is.

A Republic is representative government ruled by law (the Constitution).

A democracy is direct government ruled by the majority (mob rule).

A Republic recognizes the inalienable rights of individuals while democracies are only concerned with group wants or needs (the public good).

www.c4cg.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join