Majority Sees Obama’s Gun Control Plan Favorably

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

as long as governments are around, citizens should always have the right to bear arms. people who are in power are in fact in power because they love power.

once in a while, people have to take the power back from these men and women. they ARE necessary.

I agree with you to a point, 100-200 years ago to change or get rid of a gov required guns, nowadays it doesnt!!

You use guns against the gov and its game over, you lose.

You shoot and your a terrorist, you get shot at and your a victim. The second any of you fire on the military the population is gonna be turned against you via the media.

Those of you who say enough people will see through the lies, if thats the case you dont need guns, you have a critical mass and word will get to the rest of the sheeple, civil disobedience is worth much more than the same amount of people with guns.

Martyrs have more power than warriors in todays age and if your prepared to lay down your life anyway why not do it in a way thats actually going to make a difference?

Guns do much more harm than good and actually using one just ups the anti

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

latest ABC News/Washington Post poll

Stopped reading there.

(Second Line)

Yes makes you think, what demographic of theirs was polled...

These polls do not reflect everyone. If let's say the poll was done by people in a certain political leaning area, you are going to have a leaning majority. I've seen this with quite a few different projected polls as truth of what everyones agrees on to specific topics.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

the military might surprise you as to which side they would be on. in my view, history shows it is NOT SMART to leave yourself defenseless against tryants.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You truly don't know America or the people in America.

Just because the Military has tanks and drones and so on, doesn't mean that a revolt of the people would fail.
Your one dimensional thinking is just that.

The Militias were out numbered and outgunned, but won on SO many aspects.
Same goes for the terrorists in Iraq and the Stan.
Same goes for the Vietcong.

You lack knowledge and experience in Military history and tactics.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
I don't believe that for a second. It is pretty obvious from reading across the internet that Americans are largely opposed to any new gun legislation. Just read the articles on Yahoo, between 95-99% of commenters are strongly against any gun control. That may vary slightly from article to article, but it seems clear to me gun control advocates are a large minority.

The media is not trustworthy, their polls certainly aren't, either. If they even took a poll, they probably hand picked the people they polled.

Not that I think these polls are completely accurate, but judging based on Yahoo article responses is equally inaccurate. Like most issues in this country, there are some vocal supporters of gun laws, some vocal dissenters, and the vast majority who don't think one way or the other.

Count me in the third category. I own a gun, but on the list of possessions I own, it's near the bottom on my give-a-damn meter.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well, it's a good thing we're a Republic and not a Democracy; therefore, the majority doesn't matter. (or, the now famous response, "What difference does it make?")
edit on 24-1-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I am relatively certain the demographic of those polled were probably Washington Post subscribers.
We already know it was a "cellular and land line" telephone poll, so depending on time of day the cross section of respondents probably didn't include many working people on the job at the time of the poll.

As a statistician, there's innumerable ways of devising skewed polls.

ganjoa

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ive had discussions with many on here who dont seem to me like they would be an issue as gun owners but unfortunately the majority are simply gun nuts.
They believe there should be no restrictions, anyone can have a gun, the government shouldnt be involved AT ALL as in no background checks or registration etc etc
These are the ones who do most of the pro gun talking, take that psycho who threatened to go out shooting people if they passed gun restriction laws as an example

The reality is America has a massive problem with guns and gun deaths, sadly it seems the vast majority of gun owners dont care, they will fall back on "well why dont we ban knives and cars" or "its my right" and heaps of other ridiculous arguments to justify keeping their weapons.

To outsiders it just seems insane, when I say outsiders Im mainly referring to non yanks on this site but I can imagine most non gun owning Yanks would be thinking most of you are just sick and have a gun fetish.
Anytime theres a massacre gun sales go up, people talk about dying before giving up their guns, they talk about going out and killing people if gun restrictions go through. These arent just fringe nutjobs but people in the media who are respected and listened to.

All you pro gunners (Ill refrain from using gun nut as a general statement from now on and will only apply it to individuals who display gun nut characteristics) need to ease up and stop using the threat of violence as a bargaining tool.

"From my cold dead hands" is a seriously messed up and threatening statement, anyone who even uses it let alone believes it shouldnt be allowed near a gun.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Just because the Military has tanks and drones and so on, doesn't mean that a revolt of the people would fail. Your one dimensional thinking is just that.

You are one of the ones I would refer to as a gun nut.
From other posts of yours it actually comes across like you would relish the opportunity to pull out all the stops and battle it out with TPTB, not for freedom or liberty, simply for the chance to shoot some people.
Even looking at your Avatar its obvious you think war and fighting is glorious, I sincerely hope you live out the rest of your life with that delusion and it never gets put to the test

The Militias were out numbered and outgunned, but won on SO many aspects.
Same goes for the terrorists in Iraq and the Stan.
Same goes for the Vietcong.

The terrorists in Iraq? you mean the guys who lived there and are attempting to defy an occupation force who has set up a puppet government? those terrorists?

Get over the revolutionary war dude, it was 200+ years ago and the tech gap between forces then and now is not even comparable.
Even the Viet war which was the most recent of your examples is completely different, fight the gov with guns andyou will die a pointless and unmourned death, its that simple

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

So they called all the gun grabbing nut jobs in california and New York?
reply to post by camaro68ss

As a pro gun NY dweller I challenge your statement
Actually the gun grabbers are in NYC and they tend to skew things here. NY has quite the gun owning population and even quite a few non gun owners have taken exception of how Cumo has handled his legislation. About the only good I see happening here is a sudden switch in office holders come next election.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Your ignorance is rival to your Arrogance.
So, let's begin shall we.

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
You are one of the ones I would refer to as a gun nut.

And that means what to me?
Aside from the self satisfying action on your part, to call me a name, I am sure that is supposed to hurt me? Or make me cry in the corner?
Oh noes, I was insulted by a Non-US citizen in regards to OUR gun laws.

From other posts of yours it actually comes across like you would relish the opportunity to pull out all the stops and battle it out with TPTB, not for freedom or liberty, simply for the chance to shoot some people.

Please, I beg you, show me one instance where I have stated I want armed conflict or armed revolt here?
I triple dog dare you to provide this.
Knowing that there is no such thing, and knowing that not to be true, it is just another ignorant statement on your part.

Even looking at your Avatar its obvious you think war and fighting is glorious,

When have I stated that it isn't glorious?
But, the avatar is more firearms related, something that you display having truly no comprehension on. Past the idea that you are fearful of an object that is.
If you would like to know what the Avatar is about, why not just ask, instead of projecting your ignorant crap at fellow ATS members?

I sincerely hope you live out the rest of your life with that delusion and it never gets put to the test

My Service history is your to read, so long as you can obtain my DD214 and personnel records from the Military.

The terrorists in Iraq? you mean the guys who lived there and are attempting to defy an occupation force who has set up a puppet government? those terrorists?

Oh good hell. More self aggrandizing on your part?
Ok then, the fighters in the ME. Is that better for you??

Get over the revolutionary war dude, it was 200+ years ago and the tech gap between forces then and now is not even comparable.

From the mouth of the Non-US Citizen, who's opinions truly don't matter on US based issues, and who's knowledge comes from Hollywood and a society that is ruled over by a Monarchy.

Even the Viet war which was the most recent of your examples is completely different, fight the gov with guns andyou will die a pointless and unmourned death, its that simple

Uhhhhh, your ignorant comment displays the fact that you really have no clue as to what you are speaking about.
The Vietcong won, as a whole, by using guerrilla tactics, going up against a superior force and drive them out of the country.
While Politics played a large role in that final result, they, the Vietcong still fought and held their own against the US Military.

Got any more Rainbows and Sunshine I can blow out of the air for ya?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Disregarding the frenetically posting gun hater that posts in every gun thread ad nauseum....

As usual the NDN population is not polled... but we are here.
Im SIksika.. Blackfeet. Parents born on rez. There is a HUGE movement of us across tribal barriers coming together against this "gun control" and banning issue. My mother moved back on rez after my dad died yrs ago... and is heavily involved in several native orgs.. this being one. One of the smaller orgs comments on "Welcome to the reservation" concerning several hot point issues of today.. gun control being a large one. On several boards by and for ndns, this is being debated heavily..... including the racist root of gun control.

Guns Across America Kansas Rally 1-19-13

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

And that means what to me? Aside from the self satisfying action on your part, to call me a name, I am sure that is supposed to hurt me? Or make me cry in the corner? Oh noes, I was insulted by a Non-US citizen in regards to OUR gun laws.

No insult was meant, simply a statement of fact as I see it

Please, I beg you, show me one instance where I have stated I want armed conflict or armed revolt here?

Weve spoken on many threads and your avatar stands out considering the topic, I recall thinking based on at least 1 post that you seem a tad gung ho

When have I stated that it isn't glorious? But, the avatar is more firearms related, something that you display having truly no comprehension on. Past the idea that you are fearful of an object that is. If you would like to know what the Avatar is about, why not just ask, instead of projecting your ignorant crap at fellow ATS members?

Im assuming that first line is a typo? can you clarify if thats what you meant?
Ok whats the avatar about?

My Service history is your to read, so long as you can obtain my DD214 and personnel records from the Military.

No interest at all, are you proud of what you did for your corpor...... sorry your country?
How did shooting at people in Afghanistan/Iraq or wherever else you were make life better for any American?

Ok then, the fighters in the ME. Is that better for you??

Closer to the mark than terrorist in many peoples eyes

From the mouth of the Non-US Citizen, who's opinions truly don't matter on US based issues, and who's knowledge comes from Hollywood and a society that is ruled over by a Monarchy.

LMAO
So you have to be American to understand warfare or technology..... OK
And Im Aussie not Pommie, the monarchy has bugger all to do with our gov, actaully has bugger all to do with the British gov. Looks like it was your turn to show some ignorance

Uhhhhh, your ignorant comment displays the fact that you really have no clue as to what you are speaking about. The Vietcong won, as a whole, by using guerrilla tactics, going up against a superior force and drive them out of the country. While Politics played a large role in that final result, they, the Vietcong still fought and held their own against the US Military.

We agree on something
Since the Viet war how far has the military tech come along? did they have satellites and drones capable of anything like what we do today?
Government military has moved forward in leaps and bounds, civilian accessible weapons havent.
It doesnt take a rocket scientist or brilliant tactician to realise this, you keep living your gun nuts dream of taking the gov down in a hail of bullets

Got any more Rainbows and Sunshine I can blow out of the air for ya?

Dude I dont think the fantasy land you live in needs anymore

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I promised myself I wouldnt get sucked into these types of arguments yet here I am again
It would appear I cant help myself and am a glutton for punishment

Im taking an ATS break for awhile as the headaches from these arguments just isnt worth it.

To anyone who replies to this or any other posts of mine, Im not not responding out of disrespect or anything, its simply because Im not here.

Peace
edit on 24/1/2013 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

"i'm not letting anyone take my weapons again."

Love it, and thanks for posting the video.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

No insult was meant, simply a statement of fact as I see it

Spare me and everyone else.
I know BS and insults when I see them.

Weve spoken on many threads and your avatar stands out considering the topic, I recall thinking based on at least 1 post that you seem a tad gung ho

And that means what?
So, the person with a guitar in their avatar is gung ho about music???
You clearly have false preconceived notions about people that you have no clue about.
I don't blame you, as you were never educated to anything but.

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff[/i

Im assuming that first line is a typo? can you clarify if thats what you meant?
Ok whats the avatar about?

Not a typo.
I am making a point.
Some people have what it takes to wage war. You, are one that does not. Not your fault. I just know what someone like you would do in war or conflict.
The avatar has to do with the type of round that both platforms can deliver.
And, that they are different platforms all together.
"Options", like one platform to the other.

No interest at all, are you proud of what you did for your corpor...... sorry your country?

Without a doubt or question, yes I am. I would do what I did again and if called back, would do it more.

How did shooting at people in Afghanistan/Iraq or wherever else you were make life better for any American?

Who said I shot at people?
Besides. If I have to explain it, you clearly don't have the capability to understand what I would say.

Closer to the mark than terrorist in many peoples eyes

Ok Michael Moore.

LMAO
So you have to be American to understand warfare or technology..... OK

I never said that.
But, you should be educated in Military history, tactics, warfare and usage of before you think you can chime in with BS and think it will pass as a rose.

And Im Aussie not Pommie, the monarchy has bugger all to do with our gov, actaully has bugger all to do with the British gov. Looks like it was your turn to show some ignorance

Oh yeah. I forgot. Your from the place that started out as a Criminal colony. Silly me.
So, how are those gun rights going there in Ozzie land?

We agree on something
Since the Viet war how far has the military tech come along? did they have satellites and drones capable of anything like what we do today?
Government military has moved forward in leaps and bounds, civilian accessible weapons havent.
It doesnt take a rocket scientist or brilliant tactician to realise this, you keep living your gun nuts dream of taking the gov down in a hail of bullets

Uhhhh. you do realize that there are people outside of the military that have access and have a lot of those same technologies?
Oh, I forgot. You aren't from here. So, you don't know..............Imagine that.
But, when looking at OUR founding Documents, the 2nd Amendment for OUR country is there to defend against Tyranny. SO, it looks like MY Govt has infringed upon MY right to defend from such things.

And what gun nut dreams are you talking about??
You really are full of yourself. Too bad it is so wrong almost all the time.
Please provide where I have stated i want anything close to that.
Again, I call BS on you. And again, you will be shown as the complete BS'er of this thread.

Dude I dont think the fantasy land you live in needs anymore

Why not???
BY all means. Keep pitching it.
I love shooting down BS here.
edit on 24-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
They simply polled 80% Democrats or some such cooking. Nothing new.
edit on 24-1-2013 by sprtpilot because: ..really??

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Don't you just love how people (IknowStuff) say we don't have the same weaponry as the government so it would be a slaughter.

So let me get this straight just because we may not have the same weaponry as an enemy we're supposed to die on our knees? F#@k that. We're Americans and we don't die on our knees. We're not cowards.

I don't understand people sometimes.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Hardly accurate or reliable. First, a poll of 1,033 people? What, they didn't get the results they were looking for in the first 1,000 so they added 33 more? Plus it says in that survey that the numbers in favor of have declined over the last month. If they want to pass something with the backing of the emotionally charged people they better hurry.
edit on 1/24/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

It is also how they ask the question...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by solongandgoodnight

as long as governments are around, citizens should always have the right to bear arms. people who are in power are in fact in power because they love power.

once in a while, people have to take the power back from these men and women. they ARE necessary.

I agree with you to a point, 100-200 years ago to change or get rid of a gov required guns, nowadays it doesnt!!

You use guns against the gov and its game over, you lose.
but at least you loose fighting...rather than kneeling, begging and pleading...

You shoot and your a terrorist, you get shot at and your a victim. The second any of you fire on the military the population is gonna be turned against you via the media.

Those of you who say enough people will see through the lies, if thats the case you dont need guns, you have a critical mass and word will get to the rest of the sheeple, civil disobedience is worth much more than the same amount of people with guns.

So you agree that it would be lies and deceit coming from the media turning morons against you...and somehow this is just cause for a white flag? Civil disobedience? what exactly do you mean? Occupy? yea they accomplished a lot...

Martyrs have more power than warriors in todays age and if your prepared to lay down your life anyway why not do it in a way thats actually going to make a difference?

But aren't' martyrs terrorists by the same media controlled propaganda that would make anyone who stood up against the government a terrorist? And maybe you can explain a "way to die" that will "make a difference"...

Guns do much more harm than good and actually using one just ups the anti
ignorant statement...is ignorant. You have to completely ignore and turn a blind eye to all the lives guns have saved...and if you refuse to believe that is possible then I ask for you to lead the charge in disarming the police and armies the world over...

maybe you can use some of those martyrdom skills where your "death makes a difference" that you referenced earlier...
edit on 24-1-2013 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join