It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majority Sees Obama’s Gun Control Plan Favorably

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Fifty-three percent in the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll view Obama’s gun control plan favorably, 41 percent unfavorably. Strong proponents outnumber strong opponents by 38 vs. 31 percent in this poll, produced for ABC by Langer Research Associates.

Support for the package is lower than it was for some of the same steps tested individually in an ABC/Post poll earlier this month. Majorities from 88 to 65 percent favored background checks at gun shows and on ammunition purchases, creating a federal database to track gun sales and banning high-capacity magazines. That included, in each case, majorities of Democrats, Republicans and independents alike.

Seems like the majority is in favor of the president's view on new gun laws....if you can trust polls. the link for the polls is here.

Hoping to get the opinions from you guys. My own opinion is that the people in favor of this have no idea what they are getting us into if these laws go through. i think it will start there and then escalate sharply as time goes by. Just my OPINION, not fact.

Here is the link to the full article.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I keep an ear firmly placed on the heartbeat of this topic, and I can say without bias that my poll numbers are quite the opposite. MAYBE 5% of people I know are in support of any more gun laws. The other 95% are questioning the motives, like any sane adult should be doing.

As far as these polls go, I have never met anyone that has participated in them, nor have I ever seen any internet comments saying that someone had participated in them. Until that little problem is rectified, these polls are as fake as presidential ones, IMO.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't believe that for a second. It is pretty obvious from reading across the internet that Americans are largely opposed to any new gun legislation. Just read the articles on Yahoo, between 95-99% of commenters are strongly against any gun control. That may vary slightly from article to article, but it seems clear to me gun control advocates are a large minority.

The media is not trustworthy, their polls certainly aren't, either. If they even took a poll, they probably hand picked the people they polled.

+1 more 
link   
This is going to get out of hand fast. If a gun ban passes, the next civil war will start. Its what TPTB want. They want us to fight with ourselves so they can march in the UN under martial law and clean house. you can see it coming from a mile away. All the evidence is clear.
edit on 24-1-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

link   
I consider the opinions of domesticated beasts of burden (the american people),as much as I would fear being judged by a jury of my peers who are so ignorant that they actually follow those illegal instructions by the judge before they deliberate my fate.

And if what I just wrote does not make sense to you,you are one of those I refer to.

And no,polls are not reliable.

But you can rely on people to be fearful,selfish and stupid,and to do the wrong thing.

Trust that the masses will do the wrong thing,and you will have a leg up on this pack of lies.

Live your life in such a way that nothing effects you any more than absolutely necessary.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solongandgoodnight

America was established as a Republic, not a Democracy, and in a republic the natural and inborn rights of the people, as embodied in the U.S. Constitution, are not subject to the mood swings of the masses.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

The survey was done by landline and cellular telephone Jan. 16-20 among a random national sample of 1,033 adults, and the results have a 3.5 point-error margin.

Hardly accurate or reliable. First, a poll of 1,033 people? What, they didn't get the results they were looking for in the first 1,000 so they added 33 more? Plus it says in that survey that the numbers in favor of have declined over the last month. If they want to pass something with the backing of the emotionally charged people they better hurry.
edit on 1/24/2013 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_

The survey was done by landline and cellular telephone Jan. 16-20 among a random national sample of 1,033 adults, and the results have a 3.5 point-error margin.

Hardly accurate or reliable. First, a poll of 1,033 people? What, they didn't get the results they were looking for in the first 1,000 so they added 33 more? Plus it says in that survey that the numbers have declined over the last month. If they want to pass something with the backing of the emotionally charged people they better hurry.

So they called all the gun grabbing nut jobs in california and New York?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

i confess, i was calling BS on this myself, but when people have fear put in them they do stupid things so you never know.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by SpaDe_

Hardly accurate or reliable. First, a poll of 1,033 people? What, they didn't get the results they were looking for in the first 1,000 so they added 33 more? Plus it says in that survey that the numbers have declined over the last month. If they want to pass something with the backing of the emotionally charged people they better hurry.

So they called all the gun grabbing nut jobs in california and New York?

Yep that's pretty much what I took away from that.
Polls are a funny thing that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This why they like to say over and over again "Our Democracy" like that snake Feinstein saying if shy would have gotten 51 votes in the Senate she would have instituted gun confiscation nationwide. It is not constitutional and the American people will never let it fly, never going to happen. I will stay in the constitutional republic and they can have their democracy if they like I suppose.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

latest ABC News/Washington Post poll

Stopped reading there.

(Second Line)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Perhaps the vocal ones are the gun nuts (said without malice) and the rest are just quietly anti gun, to be honest I wouldnt want to upset someone to their face if I knew they were a gun owner.

Gun lovers almost seem religious to me as an outsider,

The passion and vehemence they display is disturbing.

Being on this site Ive come to realise guns are more than just a tool or weapon, they are a symbol to many Americans.
They represent freedom, power, democracy, liberty and all these other good catch words.

I genuinely feel pity for those of you who go through life feeling they are a nescessity.

As a non American I would love to believe that the vast majority of you are against guns but Ill admit it doesnt seem that way and that the poll is most likely BS.

Sad sad times we live in whatever side of the fence your on

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

as long as governments are around, citizens should always have the right to bear arms. people who are in power are in fact in power because they love power.

once in a while, people have to take the power back from these men and women. they ARE necessary.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

'nuff said.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

There are gun owners, and then there are "gun nuts"... Not all gun owners think we should be able to own any gun we want, up to and including a tank. Not all gun owners think a background check is a bad thing. Many gun owners think regulations are a Good Thing. It's just the "gun nuts" (NRA followers) that are foaming at the mouth about this measured, balanced plan of Obama's. I support the ownership of firearms and I support Obama's plans to address the underlying causes and issues. It's only rational, IMO.

Conversely, there are people who don't own guns and then there are "anti-gun nuts". The anti-gun nuts want to ban all guns and outlaw them. That's as insane as owning a tank.

The majority of people who are having this discussion are the "fringe" on both sides. I belong to neither. And I can absolutely believe that the majority of people in the US agree with me and support rational gun sales and ownership regulation. I especially agree with his focus on the violence worship in this country.

Oh, good! I love a good cartoon!

edit on 1/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yeah, that poll is bunk.

Look at the record numbers of firearm sales and NRA membership.

ABC...You are pitching BS.
edit on 24-1-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
Perhaps the vocal ones are the gun nuts (said without malice) and the rest are just quietly anti gun, to be honest I wouldnt want to upset someone to their face if I knew they were a gun owner.

Gun lovers almost seem religious to me as an outsider,

The passion and vehemence they display is disturbing.

Being on this site Ive come to realise guns are more than just a tool or weapon, they are a symbol to many Americans.
They represent freedom, power, democracy, liberty and all these other good catch words.

I genuinely feel pity for those of you who go through life feeling they are a nescessity.

As a non American I would love to believe that the vast majority of you are against guns but Ill admit it doesnt seem that way and that the poll is most likely BS.

Sad sad times we live in whatever side of the fence your on

Ive notice you have slowly opened your mind and stepped into our shoes, (Americans), to try and understand why we are so passionate about the gun topic. It’s what started the revolutionary war. The red coats marched into Lexington and concord to confiscate the peoples arms. History doesn’t know who fired the first shot but that’s where it all started.

Another example is wounded knee. The Army marched into an Indian settlement, forcefully confiscated all their guns, then slaughtered them all.

Firearms is a symbol of liberty to us. And as history shows, those who take the guns end up being tyrants.

Star for your new found balanced view.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mattdel

Mmmmhm agreed.
The msm has gone into overdrive to convince people that it is fashionable to be helpless.
I think I'll keep my guns, in short..."I will not comply"!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join