California - Gun Ban bill being unveiled now! CNN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Nice condescension anyone can "use small words" like SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

Second.

The only words that matter.
edit on 24-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I tried.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Yes, the sane people are obviously standing with her.

The sane people know how to hold firearms they also know their functions and they don't go around using made up names.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

You must remember that it's all about emotion and perceptions with the gun-grabbers they never let facts get in the way. The hunting rifles that no one is talking about banning are every bit and even more lethal than .223. Yet, you'll never hear Pierce Morgan or his ilk mention that.

Personally, I think .223 is a horrible round for game bigger than say coyotes. It might be alright for southern whitetail deer but I'd still say .270 is probably the smallest round I'd use for deer. Not because it won't kill them but because you can't guarantee a quick and humane kill. Oh, and there is a noticeable difference in the taste of meat taken from a near instant kill and one that runs a ways to me anyway so I prefer them to be dropped quickly.

Almost any weapon suitable for hunting deer is much more powerful than .223. The most common rifles I see people hunting deer with here are .30-.30, .30-06, .270 and .308. I personally am in the market for a .308 for next year. I like that round because it is nearly the same as NATO 7.62 much like .223 is nearly the same as NATO 5.56

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I saw a bit of the speeches from this morning and a police officer was pointing at an AR and said, "You cant go hunting with that! You'll tear the animal apart!"

That guy was obviously either a buffoon or a shill. Anybody who knows anything about guns knows you can't even hunt medium size game (like deer) with .223 caliber; it's a varmint round (small game only).

They march these people out who look like they have some credibility but they still end up looking stupid to many. I'm sure there were plenty of anti-gun nutters cheering at this guy's ridiculous comments, so it probably still accomplished the intended goal. When it comes to politicians, the ends always justify the means.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I here where you are coming from, and in the area I live and work, the thought that "they aren't going to take our guns while we still breathe" is one of the few sentiments that people from opposite political divides Dem/Rep or races: white/black agree upon. The only dissent I see from that comes from either Democratic urban centers like Atlanta, tenured university types, and some wealthy acquaintances who've never lived in a bad neighborhood or had to wait an hour for a cop to show up in an emergency.

There used to be a such thing as a Southern Democrat even after Nixon's Southern Strategy. Clinton's betrayal of their values with the first AWB along with the toxicity of being associated with people like Fienswine is why the Democrats are no longer competitive in the South outside of urban and heavy minority areas.
edit on 24-1-2013 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You have a great point. Small problem though, in that the people that support gun bans, don't know squat about which rounds work for hunting or not. Big black scary gun could shoot a 22cal pellet and most gun grabber numb-nuts would still think it capable of dropping way to many elephants in an afternoon.

It really is disgusting. I am not a huge gun owner, never been in the NRA, don't like killing animals kinda guy and I am still pissed! I have no problem killing evil humans though, so they better grab the guns........

edit on 24-1-2013 by Mamatus because: gwammer and speeeeling

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just an FYI to everyone. Uncle Joe Biden was on NBC news and told everyone that shotguns were a better home defense weapon over an AR. In fact he said we should all run out and get us some shotgun shells. It was a Q&A with folks video taping questions.

That guy's alright.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Just for the record...223 is not nearly the same as 5.56....it IS the same.....and it's the perfect round for killing groundhogs in my pasture....i need to do that to keep my livestock safe

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Technically speaking, the 5.56 NATO cases are slightly thicker than .223 Remington and can handle more case pressure, so you can +P (add more powder) when loading/reloading the bullets.

HOWEVER, you’re right; it’s a small game round.

GROUNDHOGS BEWARE!

edit on 24-1-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

Personally, I think .223 is a horrible round for game bigger than say coyotes. It might be alright for southern whitetail deer but I'd still say .270 is probably the smallest round I'd use for deer. Not because it won't kill them but because you can't guarantee a quick and humane kill.

Not to go off topic or anything, but I live in NY and regularly see deer 150+ pounds. I harvested four deer this year using a 22-250. All four dropped in their tracks.

You are missing a lot of good rounds if you restrict yourself to .270. .243, .260 Rem, 25-06, all great deer rounds. And all very dangerous vs. any soft target.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You are correct in that, but it also depends on who has the conract for military ammo...I bought 5000 rounds of
Mil surplus brass a few years ago and it was all over the place in regards to wall thickness and head thickness...but you are correct in that aspect..

And I hate groundhogs....varmits are bad news for livestock...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
edit on 24-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: Never mind...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by scotsdavy1

(I see you deleted your post but I’ll answer your question anyway)

you said:

Must be hellish for you Americans who travel on a plane and have to leave all your guns behind, must make you feel a bit naked?

I know why you feel the need for that type of sarcasm….I do understand.

You can’t miss what you never had! Most Europeans were born into a neutered society under complete government control, so I can’t expect you to understand how it feels to be able to keep and bear arms.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

you said:

Must be hellish for you Americans who travel on a plane and have to leave all your guns behind, must make you feel a bit naked?

You can’t miss what you never had! Most Europeans were born into a neutered society under complete government control, so I can’t expect you to understand how it feels to be able to keep and bear arms.

Wasn't meant to be sarcasm and I deleted it because I thought the mods would remove it as it might be termed as off topic that's why I did it.
Why is your govt buying hollow point bullets that are outlawed by the Geneva Convention? They have bought enough ordinary bullets to put about at least 5 rounds into every American citizen! Even more than what has been fired in the war going on right now. What is all that about?
And sorry, but you lot are under complete govt control more than us.
edit on 24-1-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

I agree. The 5.56 NATO round in full metal jacket is crap for game over about 100+ plus. I like no less than a 7.62mm or larger round in most game bigger than 100+ lbs or more. I personally do not own any rifles in this 5.56 caliber. They are under powered for the game I mostly bag. Most of the varmints I bag I take down with a pneumatic rifle of 22 caliber or larger. My largest pneumatic is 9mm. It can take a coyote pack easy and quite. Bounty on them is still $50 each where I live. Ranchers call me when their herds are getting thinned by coyotes. Prairie dogs are $20 or less per pelt. 22 sub sonic silenced for them or the 22 air rifle. If you make too much noise you get little return on your ammo money. I like pneumatic over powder propelled for varmint hunting. If you use powder it often scatters the game.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Wasn't meant to be sarcasm and I deleted it because I thought the mods would remove it as it might be termed as off topic that's why I did it.

Just let it fly!! It’s just a conversation.

Why is your govt buying hollow point bullets that are outlawed by the Geneva Convention? They have bought enough ordinary bullets to put about at least 5 rounds into every American citizen! Even more than what has been fired in the war going on right now. What is all that about?

Something is up….those aren’t used for target practice. I’m trying to figure out the need for those rounds as well and I’ve made a thread or two on the topic. What does that have to do with my rights?

And sorry, but you lot are under complete govt control more than us.

You show me your gun and I’ll show you mine!

I can’t address your claim because I don’t know where you’re from. I suppose you’d like me to take your word for it and move on?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
All I need is my Winchester. Head shot every time at 50 yds.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I don't think anyone would miss the U.P...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

you said:

Word...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join