California - Gun Ban bill being unveiled now! CNN

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
For you that are talking about moving.. its a NATIONAL registry. Move to Mexico. A coupla of us are planning on standing our ground. Thats doubly hard for me, Im in Illinois, my guns that were bought since moving to Il are already logged in the state due to the FOID card BS. THere are a bunch of things happening in Illinois, the land of floating unconstitutional ideas, putting them into law, and seeing how far you can screw people over. That should be our state motto.

The bill will exempt firearms used for hunting and will grandfather in guns and magazines owned before the law’s potential enactment. However, the grandfathered weapons will be logged in a national registry. Read more: thehill.com... Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook
edit on 24-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Lol Not really moving to Texas. I don't like living so close to the Mexican border........ Oh and I hate living in flat dry places.

I am quite pissed off about the theatrics. Nothing worse than a bunch of gun owning politicians and cops telling me I am not as good or as important as they are. How many of those cops are gonna turn in every gun they own but their service weapons?

If Citizens don't need assault weapons why would a cop need them?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by Advantage

Lol Not really moving to Texas. I don't like living so close to the Mexican border........ Oh and I hate living in flat dry places.

I am quite pissed off about the theatrics. Nothing worse than a bunch of gun owning politicians and cops telling me I am not as good or as important as they are. How many of those cops are gonna turn in every gun they own but their service weapons?

If Citizens don't need assault weapons why would a cop need them?

Well, you dont "turn them in"... they want a registry... which leads to confiscation. WHat you SHOULD be asking is how this will curb gun violence? How will this protect the chillins in schols? How will this do anything since its not the lawful gun owner who commits the majority of violent crime with a firearm? WHat it WILL do is give them a database with all of OUR firearms and not one damned other thing.

THIS is why they highlighted the BS about the firearms being legally owned with the Sandy Hook massacre so heavily.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

psssst.....perhaps you should take a look at East Texas

Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by blood0fheroes

East Texas is the nicest area by far. Many years ago I rode a bicycle across the U.S. I took a southern route through Texas. By day four I was starting to think I may have not lived a good life and had been hit by a car and killed the previous day. It was pure Hell. lol.

Every State (except New Jersey) has some great spots ( :

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This should pretty much guarantee a Republican controlled House and Senate next election.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
It's Feinstein talking about her federal ban

Live stream here: CNN

Gotta love the folks in the back. Gee, a bunch of fat cops approve so it MUST be a good idea!
edit on 24-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Well now, here she is, with many of her supporters (in a official capacity) all publically on tape directly violating their oaths of office.

When are they going to be charged with sedition? Or even treason?

I know...never. But the charges are there. Enough to tie her up in the court systen for quite some time I would think.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

East Texas is the nicest area by far. Many years ago I rode a bicycle across the U.S. I took a southern route through Texas. By day four I was starting to think I may have not lived a good life and had been hit by a car and killed the previous day. It was pure Hell. lol.

LOL!! I hear you, the heat! I lived in San Antonio for a while and it was beautiful.. and the joke was dont tell anyone how nice it is and let them think its a desert.. its our little secret.
Just be glad you didnt ride that bike on the road between Santa Fe and Albuquerque, NM ( its like youre living a scene in Mad Max.. plus heat).... or ANYWHERE near Cheyenne, Wy.. its like youre having the skin sandblasted off of your body.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How the heck does gun registration stop mass murder? I would love to hear the explanation! 10 rd mags? Just means criminals will need to be more proficient with their magazine changes. How does any of this make the children safer?

Ridiculous, simply ridiculous!

I agree we should have background checks...oh wait, we do.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

It's Feinstein talking about her federal ban

Live stream here: CNN

Gotta love the folks in the back. Gee, a bunch of fat cops approve so it MUST be a good idea!

Well now, here she is, with many of her supporters (in a official capacity) all publically on tape directly violating their oaths of office.

When are they going to be charged with sedition? Or even treason?

I know...never. But the charges are there. Enough to tie her up in the court systen for quite some time I would think.

Or fine you to death.
From what Im hearing on several boards.. people will just go along with it as they think since they are law abiding they have nothing to fear by registering. Until you point out the slippery slope anyway. One guy pointed out all of the makers of the ammo and the actual weapon manufacturers in the US that make these items in the banning proposal. BIG BIG money and a crapload of jobs that will disappear.
I love how they dont see a problem with banning handguns and etc... I mean it has worked so well for CHicago. Its like a crime free utopia there.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Gun control isn’t about guns it’s about control.

An armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject.

Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

What is 911? Government sponsored dial a prayer.

Criminals love gun control. It makes their job easier and safer.

You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

Forgot politicians love gun control it makes their jobs easier and safer morons think it is about keeping the people safe which is ludicrious it is about keep them safe.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Case in point that a lot of people are making, D.C. is largely a gun free zone. But during the inauguration they believed that their gun control laws worked so well that they put up bullet proof glass where the president was walking. If you believed gun laws worked why need the glass at all?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

East Texas -- meh. Too muggy and humid. Texas Hill country is gorgeous. But don't come to Austin - us liberals will kick you out!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

All these people so far, Feinstein, Schumer and Bloomenthal, come from states with AWB's in place. States that among the most crime ridden in the country.

Anyone thinking we should follow their example is suicidal.

All the big city mayors are there - seems they have a problem with gun violence, don't they?
See what happens when you disarm the citizens?
Of course they wouldn't notice, they all live in gated communities with armed guards.

My favorite part is how this bill will instantly create millions of new felons if they refuse to get fingerprinted and pay for the "privilege" of owning their property.

I think I should add this whole new gun control push was due to an event the police have been lying to us about since day 1. Was an AR even used in the Sandy Hook shootings? If so, then what was the other gun found besides the Saiga shotgun in the trunk?
The entire thing is being predicated on a lie.
That's why the Police report isn't coming out until mid March!
edit on 24-1-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Gun Ban bill being unveiled. Scary weapons on a big board, Priests, cops, and past victims present. Damn priest is the first to spew. The entire crew up there is praying. Show business at it's finest!

Sorry I have nothing else to add, just wanted to toss out the heads up. I have to go pack my bags for a move to Texas.......

For those who say that registration does not lead to confiscation, all you have to do is to look at California and see that registration leads to confiscation. All of those law abiding Californians who registered their guns a few years back will regret that decision.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The magnitude of stupidity behind Feinsteins bill is astounding really background checks on ammunition purchases.

Buy to many you get reported to the feds?

Among the other garbage Feinstein is a liar they make it up as they go along common sense you would think this bill would get shot down but people common sense left this country years ago.

Prepare for the worst hope for the best.
edit on 24-1-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Nothing surprises me about this dog and pony show. This bunch of fanatical gun grabbers are just some of the scum of the Earth. Any politician who wants citizens who otherwise obey the law to disarm, register their weapons, or turn in their property are traitors to their constitutional oath of office.

If someone is disarmed a criminal has a distinct advantage over them. They can do pretty much what they want in fact. We will live in a peaceful safe world when the Kingdom comes and not a day sooner.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObjectZero
But during the inauguration they believed that their gun control laws worked so well that they put up bullet proof glass where the president was walking. If you believed gun laws worked why need the glass at all?
Guess you have Absent the Last few weeks.
There have been Posters here on ATS, willing to 'take the shot" , A guy covered with Cigarettes Tattoos on Youtube wanting "to kill people", even washout Ted Nugent, "has friends" that will start.

The People who are Using this type of Protesting, will Bring a Gun Grab of Epic Proportions, and will have no one but themselves to Blame.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This is sick, they parade doctors, cops, priests, children , onto the senate floor. classic propaganda tatics

They act as if gun owners and 2nd amendment supporters are of no value to the debate...er.. propaganda.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Gun control isn’t about guns it’s about control.

An armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject.

Most of the founding fathers never raised a firearm against the British.

I think the British feard the founders more than the random colonist that the founders convinced to fight for thier own profit.

If you feel like you have to be armed to be of any worth, that is just sad.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum