It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California - Gun Ban bill being unveiled now! CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Gun Ban bill being unveiled. Scary weapons on a big board, Priests, cops, and past victims present. Damn priest is the first to spew. The entire crew up there is praying. Show business at it's finest!

Sorry I have nothing else to add, just wanted to toss out the heads up. I have to go pack my bags for a move to Texas.......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Pay special attention to those who vote for it. These will be the people with shortened political careers. Book it!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Not CA this is for the whole country

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
....Running from one state to another wont mean anything...

You are better off standing your ground.

~Q

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
It's Feinstein talking about her federal ban

Live stream here: CNN

Gotta love the folks in the back. Gee, a bunch of fat cops approve so it MUST be a good idea!
edit on 24-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s office confirmed that she will be introducing in the Senate Thursday a new version of the so-called assault weapon ban. A spokesman said the full text will be released at a press conference on Thursday.

The California Democrat intends to expand on the ban that expired in 2004, by including handguns and shotguns, in addition to rifles. She would decrease from two to one the number of cosmetic features on a gun to have it be considered an “assault weapon.” This means that if a gun has just one item like a pistol grip or bayonet lug, then it is illegal. Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed into law the same ban in New York last week.

Furthermore, instead of grandfathering in current firearms, she would create a national gun registry for the government to track lawful gun owners. Magazines would again be limited to 10 rounds.

The Clinton-era bill was not renewed by Congress after the Federal Bureau of Investigation and law enforcement agencies reported that it was ineffective in reducing crime.

www.washingtontimes.com...

A little more ifo

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I'm watching the live feed on CNN now and it makes me sick.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I'd like to see Michigan try to ban guns.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Gun Ban bill being unveiled. Scary weapons on a big board, Priests, cops, and past victims present. Damn priest is the first to spew. The entire crew up there is praying. Show business at it's finest!

Sorry I have nothing else to add, just wanted to toss out the heads up. I have to go pack my bags for a move to Texas.......

Im so thinking the Texas move also.

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is sick, they parade doctors, cops, priests, children , onto the senate floor. classic propaganda tatics

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

HEY, FEINSTEIN!!

Does this suit make me look fat???

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios

Originally posted by Mamatus

Im so thinking the Texas move also.

Right behind ya.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
All these people so far, Feinstein, Schumer and Bloomenthal, come from states with AWB's in place. States that among the most crime ridden in the country.

Anyone thinking we should follow their example is suicidal.
edit on 24-1-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

I don't think a gun ban would work here in the UP. We would file papers to succeed from the union and all the mining companies would back us.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Is this just a one way vote?

Are we going to hear the other side, why this is bad?

Doubt it, they only talk about the bad.

also do they know that he didn't use any rifles, or shotguns in Newtown?

edit on 24-1-2013 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
All these people so far, Feinstein, Schumer and Bloomberg, come from states with AWB's in place. States that among the most crime ridden in the country.

Anyone thinking we should follow their example is suicidal.

I want to see feinstein walking around the senate floor with an AK-47, finger on the trigger, and pointing it into the crowed like she did a few years back in california. I don’t care if its unloaded, you don’t do that. If she took the safety classes like she said she did when she got a CCW she would know not to do that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
My thoughts on the subject as a picture.

(Worth a thousand words
)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
"He wouldnt have driven his mothers car there that day if he didnt have access to guns he saw in video games."

High school debate teams pull off better performances.

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Gun control isn’t about guns it’s about control.

An armed man is a citizen an unarmed man is a subject.

Guns have only two enemies rust and politicians.

What is 911? Government sponsored dial a prayer.

Criminals love gun control. It makes their job easier and safer.

You only have the rights you are willing to fight for.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
This is sick, they parade doctors, cops, priests, children , onto the senate floor. classic propaganda tatics

Well the early part of every war is a PR battle.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join