It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiter who refused service to customer becomes Web hero

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Mods: couldnt find this in search, if its posted please close. Thank you.

Usually, when a waiter refuses to serve someone at a restaurant, customers complain. In this case, customers cheered. The waiter in question, one Michael Garcia, has been receiving good will and friend requests on the restaurant’s Facebook page since word got out that he stood up for a special need’s child. Garcia was waiting on a family at the Houston restaurant Laurenzo’s, regulars with a five-year-old child with Down syndrome named Milo. The server said that another family at the restaurant commented on Milo’s behavior, which Garcia described as “talking and making little noises.” Garcia said the man moved his family to another table, but still complained, saying, "special needs children need to be special somewhere else." The waiter then took a stand. He told FoxNews.com, "My personal feelings took over because that's ignorance in my opinion and I told him 'Sir, I won't be able to serve you.”

Story here.

I LOVE stories like this, I get good hope for humanity after reading stories like this. Kudos to you Mike Garcia!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well good for him.
The idiot that said that is setting such a great example for his own family. Poor kids.

join