It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred & ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Dear ATS,
This website is amazing. Although I don’t agree with some of the Terms & Conditions, I still believe that this is an outstanding website full of nooks and crannies that are fun to discover like a Viking raping and pillaging the way to the new world.
But there is one thing on this website that is a mere resemblance of a porter potty at the Kentucky Derby after a round of shots and some foot long hotdogs topped with jalapeños and cheddar cheese. Some of the people here consistently run through threads demeaning the authors of some incredible threads by pointing out numerous things that don’t even pertain to the topic. Other times their viewpoints will be “shockingly” different to the thread and they feel that they must participate in trashing the thread at hand, or simply getting personal and criticizing everything they want.

Let’s look at what drives people to sign up to ATS in the first place.
1.Amazing facts and information on recent news that haven’t been published by Main Stream Media (MSM) yet.
2.Ability to communicate about different topics with people from all over the world.
3.Numerous topics to converse about anywhere from religion, politics, to general rants or movies.

These are just a few examples of why people join Above Top Secret. People although do not join ATS to be criticized or demeaned. They do not join and await the trolls to come out and derail their thread.
Above all, and my reason for this rant, is why do some folks here at this fine website insist on creating an atmosphere of hatred and bigotry? What is the point? You can argue all you want with someone on their beliefs and morals, but very rarely do they change their mind. Why continue to do so?

-You may be telling yourself now, “So recently, Resoe26 has been attacked and ridiculed over a belief of his…” To which I will say no. But ever since I have signed up here, it is merely all I see. People floating around, from thread to thread, dropping insidious remarks for no reason or basis. People that choose to be ignorant and remain that way are beyond saving. Arguments in threads should quit. Nobody needs the extra stress added to their lives on this website. There are already plenty of threads that create paranoia in some people and adding to it by non-beneficial criticism does not help.

Stay happy mis amigos. Salud to all of you on ATS.

Sincerely,
Resoe26

edit on 24-1-2013 by resoe26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

Yep! I agree totally. I've only been here a few day's and in a few threads, and already I've been told I need to seek help and I'm not just arrogant, but "supremely arrogant" Now those things very well might be true! But it would or at least should take someone a little while longer to draw those conclusions about a person *especially over the net* than just a few posts, which really I thought were coming from me in a genuine way. It shuts a person off, i think it must be a tactic of some sort to name call or tell someone they need help so that they appear less reliable per say in whatever the topic or discussion is. Now i'm more focused on proving I'm not arrogant than focusing on what i had initially provided in that topic...oh well, I'm sure ATS can't control everyone, because at least we do have freedom here to express our minds and to be policed it would make it really really difficult to know how to word everything "just so"

Good post though
Helpful if other members read it and try and down the personal attacks and more try to inform the opposition and educate in a respectful way. I'm careful because...online you really never know who is your opponent or person you are debating with, they could be anyone!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
ATS is somewhat of a microcosm of our society. Hence, you're going to get the good, the bad, and the ugly, just as you would anywhere you go. The staff does their best to weed out the extreme bad and ugly. But they aren't omnipresent. I personally, would add a number four to your list...

4. Different views and perspectives.

To me, this is vital to ATS, and "denying ignorance". The problem is, some don't value others views, and anyone whose opinion differs from theirs is a troll, or a shill, or a sheeple, and so on.

My point being, disagreements and heated debates are gonna happen when you get this many people from varying backgrounds in one place.

As to trolling and outright nasty behavior, the staff has made a way to report those members. Look for the ALERT link on every thread, and the dropdown menu under each members avatar.

BTW. A belated welcome to ATS.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
i for one know I probably come across as a shill in some of my posts, but thats far from the truth. I just don't accept the huge leaps of faith that some posters on here require to follow their logic, or see conspiracy and nefarious plots behind everything. my background has caused me to have a pretty resolute stance of 'prove it. show me something to make me believe you.' and I'll freely admit to having had my mind changed more than once by other commenters. my style may come across as aggressive or something, but its really just a matter of wanting to play devil's advocate and get right to the heart of the matter instead of immediately jumping on the bandwagon. dissenting opinions provoke more thought and discussion than when everybody agrees. by all means, prove me wrong

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Theres nothing wrong with a good debate. One persons right is another persons wrong! But i get where you are coming from. Some people just seem to like being nasty and putting the boot in. I just say ignore them.
They just want a reaction or to make you feel bad. Carry on head held high i say

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I frequently state that ATS is a shark tank and that there is always blood in the water.

I don't see hatred, but I see a demanding population that does not suffer fools lightly.

Good luck with your ATS journey.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I almost expect to be attacked anytime i write a thread, some of the sharks like to come back for seconds and thirds. I put them down to new age crazies who are still trying to succeed in life at something.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hatred without reason is dangerous. Seeing that everyone has had hatred towards someone else. The most difficult job is to see the darkness within you and clear it. Hatred ends by accepting your mistakes and making changes therein.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Something i have noticed on ATS is the total lack of tolerance for others religious beliefs. I think there are a lot of cowards on ATS who use the LCD screen and their key board as a mask so preach their xenophobic and at time racist rhetoric. There is just a lack of respect that people think it’s ok to say whatever the hell they want because they have a funny looking avatar to hide behind.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have been on ATS over 4 yrs and this is nothing since I"ve been here. It does seem like there are more of these members but there are more ATS members in general.

As long as there are internet forums there will always be these types of members. You just really have to learn to ignore them. IF you see their username just scroll right pass them and ignore it. Believe me there are many I ignore and have to for my own ATS sanity

Stick around you will see not everyone is full of hatred on here

new topics

top topics

join