It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China confirms Gold Backed Yuan!!!!!!!! End of USD close.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by teslahowitzer
My question is why would china change the game? They make millions of low quality trinkets and products, most not worth the price, the reason their junk is cheap is ....

I don't understand why people keep perpetuating this myth.

Fact: Chinese manufacturing can build products to *any* desired quality. I have bought Chinese LED lights and headlights for several years (Cree and SSC P7). The price is a fraction of American products and the quality is equal or better.

Here is a sample vendor:

DX.com

(Mods, is this allowed? I'm trying to make a point)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcarpenter

I totally agree, I import Chinese goods and sell at a great profit, everything from pizza ovens to gun parts and I found that they're products are increasingly high quality.

I usually double or triple my investments when I import from China.
American manufacturers, I found to be arrogant and refuse to work with small timers like myself, where Chinese companies bend over backwards to please their prospective customers, it 's gotten to the point where I won't even contact American manufacturers anymore, just tired of the sighs and bum rushes, sometimes I can just feel them rolling their eyes on the other end of the line when I ask them what their minimum order quantity is.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Something is about to happen. Preperations are being made. news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry. No mainstream news anywhere on this, not from the Chinaland side, WGC, or CNBC. The deal is that China and other world currency holders (Reserve Bankers) are moving to a multi reserve system. Some of the bonds are already backed by gold. Its called diversification.

I'll go back to my sim racing and cold pizza. This was clearly a post designed by someone selling gold, or someone with gold fever. Go 49ers!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stuntmanbob

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Why would China want to increase the value of their currency (and backing it with gold surely increases it's value). Raising the value of the Yuan would devastate their economy, not ours. It would drive their export cost up immensely and make foreign goods more attractive. The reason they've manipulated their currency and devalued it was to make their goods so much more affordable than other countries. They have no trade deficit or at least their trade deficits only last a short period of time, unlike the US. Forcing the Yuan up would only make them no better than the US in regards to the trade deficit and actually force countries back to import US goods. That's the last thing they'd want!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
gold... war talk... fu**in politics, if they want their war, the politicans can go into the battlefield and murder each others, but instead they choose to ruin billions of lives, just to prove who got the bigger ...
we really should hijack all that gold and buy yourself a new government

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Thread title is deceptive as hell...

THIS is what should have been posted

"The second thing I want to make KWN readers aware of is the report which was commissioned by the World Gold Council. This is an incredible document, especially coming from the World Gold Council because it's basically saying that the Chinese are going to back their currency with gold. This would, in turn, displace the US dollar and make the Chinese yuan the world's reserve currency.

"

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Ah Gaddafi, He knew it all along.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Allot of people dont bother using searches like below in google its amazing what pops up
and you can expand on the google advanced searches..Like with Site:.Gov..

Simple cut and paste into google

gold backed Yuan filetype:txt | filetype:doc | filetype:docx | filetype:pdf | filetype:xml | filetype:EML | filetype:emlx | filetype:msg | filetype:mbx | filetype:CSV | filetype:FTM | filetype:FTX | filetype:mobi | filetype:ODT | filetype:ODM

edit on 25-1-2013 by n00b2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
awesome

expose it all

please

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have some questions. If anyone could answer it would be appreciated.

How do we know China has enough gold to back their currency? I mean, if Congress can't even get inside Ft. Knox in the last 30 years to see U.S. gold reserves, then is China really going to be transparent about this?

Why would China want to expose U.S. lies? I mean, yeah, they want to, but why actually do it? We have dirt on them too. I personally took a trip to China in 2010 and my guide (an American businessman living there for 15 years) took me out into the woods and we attended an "underground christian church service." Why did they meet in the woods? Good question. The church was meeting inside someone's home, until the government found out. The pastor and a deacon were executed. It's things like this that are the norm in China that I'm sure the rest of the world would like to continue to turn a blind eye to, unless properly exposed.

Why would China want the dollar to fail? The U.S. is a sizable part of their economy. Wouldn't that just be like cutting off your nose to spite your face? I mean, I can see them wanting to replace the dollar with the yuan, but to totally destroy our currency? It doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry for going on so long. Thanks for any clarification. I really want to know the truth. All I've had is econ 101 in college and when we got to the part about the dollar being taken off the gold standard in 1933, I was like, What the Heck, that is dumb. Thanks for reading.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The US could just roll up it's borders with the World and start to create the industries we once had and depend on ourselves and not others but that to is to late.
I saw Red China for what it was and is Red China.
How we let Red China become the giant force in the WOrld is our ownfault or should I say the fault of those who wish profit over loyalty to ones own country.
As I have stated many times Wall Street Traders are Wall Street Traitors and when they hung up that huge American Falg over the front of those pillars down there I have wished and will keep wishing that someone shoots a flaming arrow at it and burns it off the house that has divided us, cause soon we won't be able to stand unless we get off our fat arses and get in the streets and the only real revolt is when someone is killed by the cops in the protests that will never happen. Americans are to sheeple and act to much like cattle and W. Copper was right publishing the Protocols of Zion.
Shows us one thing and that is if you know to much your a threat and then you die of heart failure or a small plane goes down and bye bye birdy.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Haven't we seen this coming for a while now?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The "end of the US dollar" will only happen when Saudi Arabia and other oil exporting countries start to accept payments in yuans.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNutjob

nice screen name!!! lol for all those welcoming a chinese led future, i would like to see how much you love it if you had to live there under average conditions.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As screwed up as America is I prefer it to China. That said, I believe the stern totalitarian China will eventually overcome America who is no longer just decadent but decadent far beyond its means.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The end of the USD has been predicted for years now... and last I checked, it's still not died... but gloom and doom is in fashion ... reminds me of a classic monty python moment... imagine the USD is the "DEAD PERSON" =)

[clang]
Bring out your dead!
[clang]
Bring out your dead!
CUSTOMER: Here's one -- nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: What?
CUSTOMER: Nothing -- here's your nine pence.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not dead!
MORTICIAN: Here -- he says he's not dead!
CUSTOMER: Yes, he is.
DEAD PERSON: I'm not!
MORTICIAN: He isn't.
CUSTOMER: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
DEAD PERSON: I'm getting better!
CUSTOMER: No, you're not -- you'll be stone dead in a moment.
MORTICIAN: Oh, I can't take him like that -- it's against regulations.
DEAD PERSON: I don't want to go in the cart!
CUSTOMER: Oh, don't be such a baby.
MORTICIAN: I can't take him...
DEAD PERSON: I feel fine!
CUSTOMER: Oh, do us a favor...
MORTICIAN: I can't.
CUSTOMER: Well, can you hang around a couple of minutes? He won't
be long.
MORTICIAN: Naaah, I got to go on to Robinson's -- they've lost nine
today.
CUSTOMER: Well, when is your next round?
MORTICIAN: Thursday.
DEAD PERSON: I think I'll go for a walk.
CUSTOMER: You're not fooling anyone y'know. Look, isn't there
something you can do?
DEAD PERSON: I feel happy... I feel happy.
[whop]

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
As screwed up as America is I prefer it to China. That said, I believe the stern totalitarian China will eventually overcome America who is no longer just decadent but decadent far beyond its means.

China has set itself up for a mammoth collapse... their economy is so artificially inflated it's a joke... the ghost cities they continue to build is a great example... so much money invested in cities nobody lives in or even visits... mostly to keep their economy going.. paying workers to build... hoping people would flood in ... and nope..

Once that dust settles.. China is in for a serious fall.. and that collapse will rival the US and probably the Soviet Union in my opinion.. but we'll see..

Have a look at one of the world's largest malls
.... look at how many people are there..

Actually this guy seems to echo my sentiment.. most people don't know about these kinds of things.. the ghost cities are massive and it really is a huge bubble that's going to not just pop.. but explode
edit on 1/25/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
and for those who haven't heard of the china ghost cities.. this goes into more depth

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join