It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival of the fittest,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
With Pending economical collapse, WW3, New World Order take over, It is important to look back into the past and how people how survived tragedy.

During the Great Depression people were starving, they were forced to live off the land, to hunt for themselves, grow their own foods, and learn to survive with basics,

During WW2 Camps of Jew fled to the forest and built shelters and communities. It is reported that even schools were present.

In a time such as this, where we are completely dependent on technology and the system, How do you think you would be able to survive if everything collapsed. Do we know the basic survival techniques to give us the best chance possible.

I have been learning how to make shelters with fires, how to hunt and trap animals, How to make tools using natural resources, and learning about water filtration

I believe we will all soon be facing major changes and a collapse is coming, I am stocking up on long lasting foods, and making sure my family get the best start possible.

I have also researched on google earth, local places to hide away if needed, what woodland is in the area. Lakes, Rivers etc. Food will be the main problem so it is wise to have a good supply of seeds and learn how to pollinate to keep crops coming,

Not only is it important to know how to survive for yourself, but having the knowledge is also Gold, and a useful resource of information to others can mean the difference between your survival,

Is this something you all have been looking into. Is it not wise to re-learn how to live with basics. let me know your thought. here is a good vid on making your own water filter.

Make your own water filter

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AprenticeofLight
Do we know the basic survival techniques to give us the best chance possible.

No, but I've got a load of survival .pdfs on a memory stick, so when the shtf I can jus... Wait a minute...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
lol Ok if you have a solar powered PC. Solar power is something else I am looking into. I already keep a paper log of tutorials and survival advice tip etc. the way I see it is it is better to be prepared and nothing happen, than to not be prepared when it does.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

lol Ok if you have a solar powered PC. Solar power is something else I am looking into. I already keep a paper log of tutorials and survival advice tip etc. the way I see it is it is better to be prepared and nothing happen, than to not be prepared when it does.

I cant remember where but GM has a self sustaining plant in the US. Electricity, Water, filtration, and agriculture all on the plants grounds......Lets make our plan ATS!!! My friend knows where it is located, we can take over the plant as long as we have numbers!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AprenticeofLight

During the Great Depression people were starving, they were forced to live off the land, to hunt for themselves, grow their own foods, and learn to survive with basics,

I thought they ended up getting in the welfare line.

In a time such as this, where we are completely dependent on technology and the system, How do you think you would be able to survive if everything collapsed. Do we know the basic survival techniques to give us the best chance possible.

Do you read anything in this forum?

I have been learning how to make shelters with fires, how to hunt and trap animals, How to make tools using natural resources, and learning about water filtration

The trick is learning how to do this with the 1000s of other people that will be "running for the hills".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RandyBragg

what do you mean, do I read anything on this forum?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

what do you mean, do I read anything on this forum?

Do we know the basic survival techniques to give us the best chance possible.

This forum is filled with such information.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

well i am new and i haven't read through every single post, but thanks for checking.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

well i am new and i haven't read through every single post, but thanks for checking.

:6 months new? LOL jk.

Seriously, this forum has everything you need to know. It doesn't hurt for a rehash thread though. In lieu of that I'll give the OP a star.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AprenticeofLight

Think in my first 2months i had a bit of spare time and read through every post that was of interest or use in this subforum, didnt bother with the rubbish like 'this is why we should/shouldnt eat meat' or w/e that vegiehead thread is >.<
lots of gems in there, just have to hope people title the thread well

new topics

top topics

join