It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

R&D Through the Open Source Community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
There are people with home labs who fund their own research as an avocation rather than a vocation. They're doing what they do because they want to rather than for a living. They produce YouTube videos sharing their experimentation and they post information online.

Will anything come of this research?

I am interested in hearing from members who do this themselves. Have you learned pitfalls or advantages of open source research? Can you share information about successes from the open source community?

I'm interested in technology that can make this a better world. Is the open source community a viable way to get that technology?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

some guy i know designed a new transport for internet communications,
rather than sell the idea he gave to the internet community for free in an open manner to benifit every one who uses the net

some things are better owned by the entire community than by one person,
their gift should lower the cost of internet access and remove "capps" on data amounts that can be consumed,
they asked that any profits go to internet infrastructure expansion.

this gift will lead to low cost robotic surgery done from "remote" locations removing the need for expensive travel and accommodation.

while the idea was given freely it was aimed at the open source comunity to allow the whole comunity to develop uses free from expensive "licencing" costs.

this will enable many small open source project to thrive and create jobs, rather than just make one man rich.

this was done in the spirit of sir Tim Burners Lee, the father of the world wide web and DNS server network,
a man who gave his innovation to the world and created the greatest gift to the world,

the free and open world wide web.

open source created the web and will sustain it

xploder

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There is a product called the Keppe Motor which was developed based on the principle of resonance set forth in the book The New Physics Derived from a Disinverted Metaphysics by Norberto Keppe. Sterling D. Allan explained his understanding of the parameters that the people behind the motor have set up to share the technology in the article dated Janauary 23, 2013 "Keepe Motor is in Open Source Production."

The Keppe Motor website has a forum.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
There are people with home labs who fund their own research as an avocation rather than a vocation. They're doing what they do because they want to rather than for a living. They produce YouTube videos sharing their experimentation and they post information online.

Will anything come of this research?

I am interested in hearing from members who do this themselves. Have you learned pitfalls or advantages of open source research? Can you share information about successes from the open source community?

I'm interested in technology that can make this a better world. Is the open source community a viable way to get that technology?

Certainly, nothing will come of it without any publications in reputable, peer-reviewed journals. The issue with this as it pertains to backyard science projects is that it is very hard to demonstrate the necessary scientific rigor and accuracy without access to a proper lab. Most journals won't accept and publications that they get out their work without it and most would be reluctant to accept publications from people without affiliations to industry or academic institutions.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

Yes, the mainstream system stands in the way, I know. I am a believer in the fact that there has been suppression of technology (to protect the status quo for those whose wealth is at stake) through that system, including peer review, and much more sinister methods as in murder of inventors.

Governments don't support inventors of alternative energies; they're corrupt.

I was listening to an interview of Edmund Storms on The Space Show about the fact that cold fusion is real but that the theory of it is unclear, yet the government won't support putting the best minds to work on that theory so that it can be rolled out commercially and we could have low cost power for our homes. He said China will probably be the first to offer this.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
There is a product called the Keppe Motor which was developed based on the principle of resonance set forth in the book The New Physics Derived from a Disinverted Metaphysics by Norberto Keppe. Sterling D. Allan explained his understanding of the parameters that the people behind the motor have set up to share the technology in the article dated Janauary 23, 2013 "Keepe Motor is in Open Source Production."

The Keppe Motor website has a forum.

For information pertinent to the success of the open source community I rely quite a bit on Sterling Allan.

Checking out his website this morning I see "Tour of the Grande Hotel Trilogia -- Home of Keppe Motor Manufacturing Group."

The people behind the Keppe Motor, who live and work together in Brazil, are associated with an organization named STOP the Destruction of the World Association. Their story is an inspirational one, and I recommend that people watch the interview of one of the members of the group that Allan posted. The video highlights, I think, a paradigm shift that humanity badly needs: "Interview Gilbert Gambucci."

new topics

top topics

join