It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are women men from past lives and men women from the past?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Robonakka
I was a woman in my last life. I was brutally murdered by my husband. I remember pleading for my life. It haunts me every day. Such a horrible way to die. I like being a man better. Next time I will chose to be a man again.

In such a situation the husband or belligerent man is made to come back to earth as a woman or a weaker man and suffer the abuse he administer in his previous life. That is what believers in karma would say...I think.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The concept of 'past lives' or 'reincarnation came from India's hermits centuries ago, and formulated/documented under Buddha's teachings around 300 BC.

One common mistake many make is to believe that one WILL return back as a human, guaranteed.

There is no such guarantee in the Buddhist teachings.

It depends on the Karma one earns while living in the present life.

If one does good, and continues to do so in the cycles of reincarnation, one will in the end achieves 'Nirvana' - nothingness, to be one with the cosmos.

However, if one does bad, one may even return as a cockroach, insects or any lower form of life. While insect lives are short compared to mortals, the cycles of it is punishing.

Thus, for those who believe in reincarnation, never presume that escaping this life by death or suicide will only mean another chance to be a human again. It depends on your Karma - what you had done in this life.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are people that have, allegedly, information about these matters. If those to be trusted, then accordingly, gender is indeed interchangeable. A person has an inclination towards a gender, but has come to this through exploration of them both. Check out Ian Stevenson, Ray Moody or Charles Tart work for example.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

S&F! This is one of my favorite discussions and the OP presented it in a interesting way. But I believe or agree more or less with BH (
) I would love to have proof we or even I had formerly lived a previous life, but dreams or visions or even hypnosis really to me isn't enough proof for it to stick. For many others though, it is enough and they are very adamant and passionate that we've all been here before. I admire that passion but I do not share it as much as I wish I did.

I think when people come back, willingly or not, sometimes they are allowed to choose how much they get to peek under the curtain of this life. Most people are not allowed to know anything about what is behind the curtain...my o2

I believe in the Bible and there isn't really anything written there to support it, so I guessed even if it were true it's not important enough we are told. Other Religions do support this belief and Karma etc...

That's just it...maybe it's not important to us to know, maybe what's important is to know we are here only once, one live, one chance and one shot at doing the absolute best we can for ourselves and others and learning not from a past life, but a past mistake in this life and applying it to this life.

I love this subject though and am always reading about it when I come across it.

It is important not to know such things, that way people will be and show their true side, their true nature, the way they really are. A thief will not act if he knows he is being watched and wait for another opportune time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have past life recollections and without going into details, I'll say that I have been a woman in the past, a chinese woman. Now, does swapping sexes between lives explain gay/lesbians or cross dressers or women behaving like men or effeminate men even? Maybe in certain cases but I wouldn't generalize.

Good topic. S&F.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

I agree with your second point and if past lives we have lived, I definitely agree with your first point. I wished over the years I had proof enough to reach my heart to believe I've been here before, but also...some people might be new souls. Maybe some have been here many times, some a few times and for others this is their first trip?

I've had a lot of dreams...but have come to not really rely on dreams much anymore. Sadly. I enjoy the dreams and the thought of it being possible, but it's similar to fantasy and does me no harm or good either way.

Some psychics claim to have the ability to see people in their former lives and tell them about it. That's interesting too!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
If these people could remember their past life as soon as they come out of the womb in this life, then it is possible that they are remembering a past life. But if they develop this memory later in life, it is more likely they are remembering a dream, or perhaps a repressed memory.

Whose to say where a dream or repressed memory comes from? There are no instruments that can tell anything or much about the highly mysterious goings on inside the human brain.

A child is born with a clean slate memory, not even developed enough to be able to retain everything (this is why we cannot remember our birth). But this wouldn't be true of someone able to remember a past life, as the memory would have to be ingrained from before birth. This would mean that the child's memory retention would have to be fully developed at birth and already retain memories. This means that, along with the past life, the person should also remember coming out of the birth-canal.

If people are being put into this world from another world/existence (for those believing in the reincarnation phenomena), then memories at childbirth, none or some, would depend on those running that end of the operation.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
The concept of 'past lives' or 'reincarnation came from India's hermits centuries ago, and formulated/documented under Buddha's teachings around 300 BC.

One common mistake many make is to believe that one WILL return back as a human, guaranteed.

There is no such guarantee in the Buddhist teachings.

It depends on the Karma one earns while living in the present life.

If one does good, and continues to do so in the cycles of reincarnation, one will in the end achieves 'Nirvana' - nothingness, to be one with the cosmos.

However, if one does bad, one may even return as a cockroach, insects or any lower form of life. While insect lives are short compared to mortals, the cycles of it is punishing.

Thus, for those who believe in reincarnation, never presume that escaping this life by death or suicide will only mean another chance to be a human again. It depends on your Karma - what you had done in this life.

Not all humans are living utopic lives down here, so it is my guess that plenty of bad people are sent back as people and have to deal with situations that they may have wantonly dished out to others during their previous life or lives. Perhaps being sent back as an insect or fish or some other animal is an upgrade. Who can say for certain.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoneyBe
reply to post by sleeper

I agree with your second point and if past lives we have lived, I definitely agree with your first point. I wished over the years I had proof enough to reach my heart to believe I've been here before, but also...some people might be new souls. Maybe some have been here many times, some a few times and for others this is their first trip?

No way to know how old the soul. Actions/deeds speak louder than words, some people have said, but is that indicative of the age of a soul? My guess is no.

I've had a lot of dreams...but have come to not really rely on dreams much anymore. Sadly. I enjoy the dreams and the thought of it being possible, but it's similar to fantasy and does me no harm or good either way.

Some psychics claim to have the ability to see people in their former lives and tell them about it. That's interesting too!!

I think some dreams are real places, places that are higher up the dimensional pyramid and that is why they are so confusing and difficult to remember.

There are people with real psychic gifts but the Trojan Horse was a gift too... A buyer beware type of deal.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Whose to say where a dream or repressed memory comes from? There are no instruments that can tell anything or much about the highly mysterious goings on inside the human brain.

Logically, they come from experience. One must experience something to remember it. However, what one builds from those experiences is a different matter. One can fabricate and imagine many things and can remember them as if it really happened.

For instance (if I'm permitted cite wikipedia, showing how little I know):

Examinations of three cases of apparent past life regression (Bridey Murphy, Jane Evans and an unnamed English woman) revealed memories that were superficially convincing. However, investigation by experts in the languages used and historical periods described revealed flaws in all three patients' recall. The evidence included speech patterns that were "...used by movie makers and writers to convey the flavour of 16th century English speech" rather than actual Renaissance English, a date that was inaccurate but was the same as a recognized printing error in historical pamphlets, and a subject that reported historically accurate information from the Roman era that was identical to information found in a 1947 novel set in the same time as the individual's memories, with the same name reported by the person regressed. Other details cited are common knowledge and not evidence of the factual nature of the memories; subjects asked to provide historical information that would allow checking provided only vague responses that did not allow for verification, and sometimes were unable to provide critical details that would have been common knowledge (e.g. a subject who described the life of a Japanese fighter pilot during World War II but was unable to identify Hirohito as the Emperor of Japan during the 1940s).[4]

A 1976 study found that 40% of hypnotizable subjects described new identities and used different names when given a suggestion to regress past their birth.[4] In the 1990s a series of experiments undertaken by Nicholas Spanos examined the nature of past life memories. Descriptions of alleged past lives were found to be extremely elaborate, with vivid, detailed descriptions. Subjects who reported memories of past lives exhibited high hypnotizability, and patients demonstrated that the expectations conveyed by the experimenter were most important in determining the characteristics of the reported memories. The degree to which the memories were considered credible by the experimental subjects was correlated most significantly to the subjects' beliefs about reincarnation and their expectation to remember a past life rather than hypnotizability. Spanos' research leads him to the conclusion that past lives are not memories, but actually social constructions based on patients acting "as if" they were someone else, but with significant flaws that would not be expected of actual memories. To create these memories, Spanos' subjects drew upon the expectations established by authority figures and information outside of the experiment such as television, novels, life experiences and their own desires.[4]

Past-life regression wikipedia

The funniest and most common thing in past-life regression is, one must first believe in reincarnation to imagine that they are having a memory from a past life. That fact is telling.

The greatest predictor of individuals reporting memories of past lives appears to be their beliefs about the existence in reincarnation - individuals who believe in reincarnation are more likely to report such memories, while sceptics or disbelievers are less so.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
But it doesnt make sense that people would want to do that. I'd have to be gay to be a guy, not into it. (shudder shudder, shudder shudder shudder!). Also how does that relate to hopefully, if able to return to your loved ones and family that you've left to come here?

To add a little more: I believe that we do tend to graviate towards a gender and that this is more than our bodies, also that our bodies are real enough even astrally, in better ways, not looking forward to being an orb, except as a fast way to travel. But there may be a bit of gender switching to get things right, or increase understanding, along the way, but we probably adjust back to our truer forms, if there is such a thing, or at least as our thoughts see us. My thoughts about it anyway.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

It is important not to know such things, that way people will be and show their true side, their true nature, the way they really are. A thief will not act if he knows he is being watched and wait for another opportune time.

I've encountered this in a few posters, and never understood why they or the Higher Ups feel its important to be au natural without some memories, to just reveal your state? What is the goal then? To me, my feelings would be that the goal is to help little ones sort out mistakes and how they're behaving, so they can grow up and be Loving Gifts to one another and have happiness themselves too. Not just to have a room full of 3 year year olds all revealing the programming or even their own inner turmoils and maturity, as is, for no reason.

If it were really about just revealing what's in you now, where does that lead?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by sleeper

Logically, they come from experience. One must experience something to remember it. However, what one builds from those experiences is a different matter. One can fabricate and imagine many things and can remember them as if it really happened.

I agree but there are exceptions to every rule and reality. The reason psychiatry is such a huge field and a big business is because the human mind is so complex and unknowable. Speculation is the order of the day when trying to understand what the human mind is capable of doing, knowing or hiding.

The funniest and most common thing in past-life regression is, one must first believe in reincarnation to imagine that they are having a memory from a past life. That fact is telling.

Past life regression is not much different than physics and quantum theory about matter. The gray matter is equally as mysterious and complex. Going on a fishing expedition for information inside of a brain that not even the person whose brain is being probed knows what is in there, is at the very least a conundrum.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
But it doesnt make sense that people would want to do that. I'd have to be gay to be a guy, not into it. (shudder shudder, shudder shudder shudder!). Also how does that relate to hopefully, if able to return to your loved ones and family that you've left to come here?

I concur, I think I have always been a male and have no desire for a same sex situation at all. It is possible that some people stay with one gender, as long as they have the choice in the matter.

To add a little more: I believe that we do tend to graviate towards a gender and that this is more than our bodies, also that our bodies are real enough even astrally, in better ways, not looking forward to being an orb, except as a fast way to travel. But there may be a bit of gender switching to get things right, or increase understanding, along the way, but we probably adjust back to our truer forms, if there is such a thing, or at least as our thoughts see us. My thoughts about it anyway.

The mechanics of reincarnation, a thing most humans will never believe in or be able to wrap their heads around is part of the ongoing mystery of life. Some people seem to know most don't care to know...and no one has to know...for it to be true and real.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Yep, according to the teachings I have run across, we alternate. One life male, next life female, and so on.

This is a picture of a person's original 8 cells

This is a picture of a merkaba around a person

The cells correspond with the merkaba. Depending on whether the downward facing tetrahedron is facing front with a point or with a flat face (again correspondent to the original 8 cells) determines whether that incarnation is male or female and it rotates through.

We are supposed to have 8 core soul personalities, 4 male and 4 female. Sometimes, for various reasons the cells get off a rotational match to the actual physical gender of the body, which is where transgendered and homosexuals come from on an energetic level. It is also sometimes why a soul chooses to come into a life where they are going to be aborted or still-birthed, so they can cycle through one gender and get to the next quickly.
edit on 24-1-2013 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Sorry, just want to ask again on the part about why its so important to not be given extra info, be in the dark, just reveal your inner workings or state in various challenges?

Immediately what comes to mind are a few different odd scenarios.

1. Too many mistakes have been made, some rather large disturbances in the higher levels where they should all be mature and not prone to becoming renegades, and in the lower levels, all these martyrs keep slowing things down, too many seem to learn quickly that they don't belong and they just refuse to follow bad orders and are being executed in huge numbers, its wasted alot of time, board meetings held on this over and over again.

Lets make them show their colors once and for all so we get a clearer idea of where to place them!

2. Muhahahahah, the universe is fed by recycling all those who thought there were advancing, so lets make those little whipper snappers mess up, and go into the shredders, after all whats the use of having shredders if we don't shred anything?

3. Tests. They've studied alot, but now they need to show theyr'e all duds bascially so we can rub their noses in it for another 10 cycles!

I mean, to me, (and its been my own personal experiences) there is a Loving and Good Family team up there that is trying to stop the suffering, whilst understanding the free will thing and how we all want to become and do things on our own too, the suffering is terrible. They have normal compassion, and would never harm a soul. They help anyone who even toes onto platform of a changed thought or seeks for some help, because the goal is to have people grow, learn and flower forth.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I can understand the current interest in 'reincarnation' espacially after the world wide premier of the movie 'Cloud Atlas'.

However, this is ATS, and it is to deny ignorances and not promote the themes callously or unconscionably, but simply honestly.

The movie, which derive its theme of 'reincarnation', came from ancient philosphical beliefs held by indian mystics centuries ago, documented and taught by the Buddha in around 300BC.

The movie does not explores the buddhist teachings in full, but only presented a romanticed and mass appeal misconception of 'reincarnation'. There is more to such concept and no one must be misled, or the dangers can be VERY REAL.

Those whom had been misled will think think that when this life sucks, they can simply commit suicide, or commit mass slaughterings so that in the next life, it may be better or even attain ideals they do possessed in this life.

The movie is only a movie, a fantasy film born out from minds with superficial knowledge of Buddhism with ultimate aims of making box office riches, and nothing to do with the real themes Buddha taught.

For the ones whom are interested in understanding 'reincarnation', it would be best to research on the concepts of such theology - FROM THE SOURCE, and not from the followers, as in most cases, much of 2nd hand teachings are proven to be faulty, subject to misinterpretations and fallacies, and worse, charlettans come into the picture to either make a fast buck of the gullible or plain insane beliefs ungrounded by facts or realities, such as philosophies by Hitler's teacher - the certified insane Nietzsche .

Simply put, 'reincarnation' does not mean the guaranteed return of life on Earth or as a human. The mechanism Karma plays a part that determines fairly on who gets to return where and as in what form. Those who do good this life, will be elevated to a higher status and those who do bad returns as a lower life form.

The only mercy when one returns is that one will not be aware of his past, and will behave as the DNA had been programmed, with no knowledge of the full potential one has if given a higher lifeform that could achieve. Only those who are aware of reincarnation, such as buddhist monks knows and can only be envious of being one with the cosmos - Nirvana.

Thus may all and their loved ones not be misled. There is no need to believe what I wrote, but for those who seek for the truth, knowledge is always avaliable so that all can be better informed to make the right decision in and on life. Never let a commercial movie shape your future, for sometimes, regret may be too late.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Some have had past life memories, and just some other memories too, a sense from whence they came, and they don't believe because of a movie. Thanks for telling me about that movie, never heard of it, rarely watch movies. Have had past life memories. Don't ever allow anyones religion, including the Veda's to flavor my own seeking and soul memories and knowing what I've known and feel about life since childhood, its all about Love. Humans don't tend to normally come back as animals by the way, though have heard weird stories about greys forcing some souls kicking and screaming into containers. I don't agree with any of that however and suggest all souls try to forgive themselves and all others, and ask for assistance with their problems, pray in their own ways and say they're sorry and need help. And click their heels 3 X and say, there is no place like home, there is no place like home, there is no place like home, when they die.

Oddly enough in my memory, looked similar to the way I looked as a child in this life, and the same sex, was a girl.

To be as clear as possible, just have to add this. Due to the memories which were really intense emotionally, it was like a wall breaking and this really big sorrow, at losing family, and wanting to be with them. But anyway, someone had suggested that it might be the way I recalled, that this could be something else, and I was automatically interpreting it a certain corporal way. I don't know for sure, if it was in our plane, corporal as we think, or if this was another realm even and therefore more astral. It felt very real nonetheless.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by sleeper

I've encountered this in a few posters, and never understood why they or the Higher Ups feel its important to be au natural without some memories, to just reveal your state? What is the goal then? To me, my feelings would be that the goal is to help little ones sort out mistakes and how they're behaving, so they can grow up and be Loving Gifts to one another and have happiness themselves too. Not just to have a room full of 3 year year olds all revealing the programming or even their own inner turmoils and maturity, as is, for no reason.

If it were really about just revealing what's in you now, where does that lead?

I don't think everyone is here to learn, I believe the big part of reincarnation is karma, payback time. Not many people want the lives they have on this earth in the same way prisoners don't want to be incarcerated. Do the crime you do the time...many prisoners don't believe they did the crime. Same as most people. my o2

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by sleeper

Your right about the body just being a pair of clothes. However the soul energy does have a "gender" difference. Your either a negative or a positive. Women are negative energy bodies and men are positive.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join