It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC 404's the bad news..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

For example, the supermarkets are the one who have destroyed the high street/local shops by providing everything you could (almost) ask for all in one place.

They have cornered the market. Yes there is the online buying too, but the supermarkets also do that as well.
If we were all not profit driven then there would be less desire to produce so much and less factories.

But that makes you wonder what we could do for work in order to pay the bills that this society demands. If you want a TV, you need a licence plus pay for the power you use.. It's not easy to just go live in a tent rent free, walk to your job, pick your dinner from the countryside.. the profiteers have made sure of that.

I do agree with you that quality of life should come above the need to pay for living..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Excellent thread. The spin machine seems to have been in overdrive recently to cover all the bad news. Did anyone else notice how the media spun the latest unemployment numbers?
They said "more people in work than ever before" but this is only true because there are more people in the country than ever before and it doesn't reflect the situation of 8% unemployment (which is probably a manufactured number in itself!)

And as for the food supply, we were treated to a truly Orwellian piece of spin with the news story that "Half of all food is thrown away" which was pimped by nearly every news outlet recently.

Why is that spin? Well, consider that the UK only produces about 60% of it's food supply (source) and the rains last year were said to have destoyed a significant proportion of our crops (sources here and here), leaving us dependent on imports from 'stable' countries like Spain, Italy, Greece and, erm, the US. All mthis means the headline "Half of all food is thrown away" really means "We will soon have to extend the 'Best Before' dates on your food because there otherwise will not be enough food to go around. But you can all feel good that we are 'wasting' less food."

Strange days indeed. And if you can figure out why the media are reporting massive cuts to the military (like here), while the army and navy recruitment adverts play a dozen times a day on every channel, then you win Dave's star prize.....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Never mind

This subject gets my goat so bad that I'd better not comment further.

edit on 24-1-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think the most important thing that we can do in this situation is realize that money is not the end all, be all, mighty god.

People are going to have to learn to adapt to a mentality of working for the whole, rather than working for themselves.

For example, when the monetary system crashes, and people go into a free for all, anarchy state, looting all the grocery stores for the remaining food thats left, we must realize that the food doesn't have to stop coming.

Imagine if a large group of us dedicated ourselves to continue working, to build a new way of bringing resources to the people. Just because money doesn't have value anymore, doesn't mean that life has to cease to exist.

It simply means we must find a new way, so instead of going into a state of panic, we must stop and say to the people around you, lets do this together. Lets find a way to survive, and help anyone we see along the way.

We have to learn how to give, and live in gratitude. When we give, we receive, it is not the other way around.

So when production shuts down, when the shipping stops, and people are in a state of panic, it is up to those who don't panic, to literally save the world.

I am not saying it is going to be an easy road, and there won't be hard times. What I am saying, is that all hope does not have to be lost because of the greedy bankers, and their monetary system.

The monetary system is just an illusion, its just something we tell ourselves we need to have to live. But thats not true, just like the president doesn't determine what we do in our daily life. The president is just there, because we think we need a leader. It's another illusion. If we can step up to the plate, and realize that we have the power to see through the illusions, we can bring about a new way of living. If enough people see this before everything goes bad, then the losses can be minimized.

It's really up to us. If we fall into panic, then we will lose everything.
edit on 24-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by pikestaff

The big food suppliers will never go down. In the good times they sell their 'best of' ranges and in the bad times they stock more 'value' ranges.

This we have seen for several yrs in my area.. selling 3rd rate produce, but at the prices of first rate prices. Given, this is the US Im talking about.. but we have a way to go ( while gouging the consumer) before suppliers go down. Its going to be a long painful process for the citizens of both of our countries.

Also, I can just see it now : Pffft.. the Scotsman is a rag.. like Sorcha Faal....
One day we will realize that the mainstream media is closer to Sorcha these days..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

That's a badass avatar Extralien

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Yes there will be those of us who will hold a more level head..
But all we will see and hear on the TV/radio is the government shouting at each other and throwing blame.. alongside images and reports of food riots, police, the military being drafted in to gain som form of control..

Those with a level head will hardly be able to get a word in edgeways by which time it will all be tooo late. but it will be the lelvel headers that, hopefully, would come out on top as they've had time to sit and think

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

The time is now. Its time to organize a fail safe plan, so when things do go wrong, we know what step to take next.

It's time to spread the word, get some connections going, and bring together a group of people dedicated to helping humanity.

No matter what, all human beings are equal, even if some of us have been misguided, you cannot blame them. We must not discriminate, and help everyone we can.

It starts off by organizing individuals near you, and get a local thing going on. Then hopefully we get a large enough group that we can start talking more on a national scale.

It is time that we realized that even if the monetary system does keep its grasp, it will be like the great depression. It's time the people were informed on how the monetary system really works. And its time people started walking away from it. Because sooner or later, the system is going to abandon us. I say, abandon the system first. Walk away. Build a plan for a new way of living, and start implementing that plan now.

I know it sounds crazy, and I know most people won't bother, and just wait until its too late and they fall into a state of panic, and then wonder why it all went wrong. But for those few that understand where I'm coming from, it's up to us, to help all the lost and panicking people out there.

Is that not what the spiritual awakening occuring on our planet is about? Is that not why we are awakening to begin with? To break the attachments of materialism, and to live more in nature? To help humanity through the hard times ahead? It's our calling, and its our purpose. We cannot ignore that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

edit on 24-1-2013 by stupid girl because: wrong country

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I like your way of thinking

Fail to plan = Plan to fail

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

LMAO - 'wrong country' - skills

Much love,

FITO.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

And its people like you, that I'm searching for.

There are many things that can be done even in this monetary system, to help us for when it fails.

Just have to think outside the box. I have a few ideas already of gathering a food supply. Not just for myself, but for everyone. If I could get a few people in on it, in different cities, at the very least, it may save a life.

Go around planting seeds. In any area near roads, in small towns, in vacant fields, on government land that no one uses, parks, ravines, near river beds, even your own lawn, make it a garden instead.... The land has been sitting there forever, with no one to use it. Imagine if everyone went around and planted fruits and vegetables in these areas. Plant trees, apple trees, cherry trees.... anything. It doesn't matter if it doesn't grow, I guarantee that some of it will grow, some of it won't grow, seeing as no one will be going back to water it, or check it. But for the ones that do survive, there is food, for whoever happens to need it. If enough people do this, there is suddenly abundance. Imagine how the world would change, even in a monetary society, if you could just walk down the road and grab an apple, or some strawberries, or a head of lettuce. Its unheard of in our current society, because we believe we have to pay for what natures supplies. It's an illusion. Can you see the illusion?

The first step to freeing ourselves from a monetary society, is to create abundance of food. Food is the main thing.

Later on, shelter comes in next, which is why its important that we work together. Start locally, live together, grow together. Its a hell of a lot better than going into a free for all panic and losing everything. So for the sake of humanity, this needs to happen.

We cannot look at the coming collapse as a bad thing. Look at it as a new opportunity. A way to be free. Because that is what it is. We are going to be freed from our prison. Many cons can't adapt to the real world, and look what happens to them. Learn how to be free, and you will be. It's that simple.
edit on 24-1-2013 by xxshadowfaxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If you want to understand the "why's" of this governments moves, follow the donation's...

The analysis shows that donations were made by 37*on the Sunday Times Rich list.
These include JC Bamford, ranked 36th with £1,650m
Edwin and Carol Healey, ranked 40th with £1,500m
Chaim P Zabludowicz, ranked 40th with £1.5bn
Peter A Cruddas, ranked 90th with £750m
David Harding, ranked 196th with £410m
Ralph Northumberland, ranked 248th with £315m
Zac Goldsmith, ranked 257th with £300m
Peter Hambro, ranked 277th with £271m
Paul M Ruddock, ranked 278th with £270m
Richard Q Hoare, ranked 282nd with £260m
Alan J Lewis, ranked 291st with £250m
Michael G Clare, ranked 305th with £237m
Hugh E Osmond, ranked 309th with £232m
Peter R Harrison, ranked 337th with £200m
Nick Leslau, ranked 371st with £185m
Robert J Madejski, ranked 393rd with £175m
Richard D Harpin, ranked 410th with £170m
Stanley Fink, ranked 533rd with £120m
Alan and Julia Bekhor, ranked 650th with £110m
Aidan Heavey, ranked 679th with £106m
Simon Robertson, ranked 694th with £103m
Edwina A Herrmann (wife of Jeremy Herrmann, ranked 697th with £102m)
Michael S Farmer, ranked 703rd with £100m
Jeremy Isaacs, ranked 751st with £95m
Hilda Worth, (wife of Marc Worth, ranked 751st with £95m)
David Ord, ranked 813rd with £87m
Malcolm Scott ranked 817th with £85m
Michael Davis, 871st with £80m
Charles F Wigoder, ranked 959th with £72m
John W Leavesley ranked 1,050 with £65m
Michael Slade, ranked 1,135th with £60m
Lord Dolar Popat ranked 1,194th with £59m
Carolyn Ward, (wife of Anthony Ward, ranked 1,237th with £55m)
Paul A Beecroft, ranked 1,320th with £50m
Neil Record, ranked 1,394th with £49m
Nicholas D Jenkins, ranked 1,474th with £45m
Simon Wolfson, ranked 1,474th with £45m

Earlier this year a report “found that of the 498 Tory MPs and peers 134 have been or are employed in the financial sector, this includes 70 of the party’s 305 MPs. Among the 193 Conservative peers, more than a third work or have worked in finance or banking.’

The Tory Party is increasingly being funded by the asset strippers and predators.

Source

Asset strippers!

That is who is running the country, it is very clear to see if you look at the actions of the government and research the names listed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What does this mean for the UK? Are we in a worse position than we are told? And why is it that despite promises of retrieving money from the rich, to benefit the poor from whom those rich have stolen; why is it that the actual state of affairs demonstrates that the poor are the ones from whom cash is being taken, yet again? Most pressingly relevant in the ethical transgressions, the scandalous disability welfare cuts - via the outrage which is ATOS, and also the general cuts to other social & welfare services. Such services not being the lifeline of the rich (they have their money as a temporary lifeline - though many of them are fiscally insecure, despite their ignorance of that fact) - they are repeatedly hit hardest, causing suffering for the poorest, the poor, the relatively poor & the lower middle classes - the only ones who would ever use them.

I have been in two of these scenarios. A few years ago I tried to get my eldest Disability benefit and we got throught to having an interview with ATOS and he was the rudest meanest man I have ever met. The despicable things he wrote about my child in his report was sickening.
I swear they get paid per person they can refuse benefits.

My eldest is in pain every single day due to Ehlers Danlos syndrome (EDS) and while I was carrying her I was drinking Aspartame, which killed my mum in her 40s. We have problems with MSG too. My eldest has very loose joints that dislocate all the time but you never know when. Her hip came out the other day and had to have help getting to the toilet but the ATOS guy couldn't care a less. I have the same problems but I was born with a high pain threshold, my child wasn't.

Our Doctors are useless too, as none of them have ever heard of EDS or Aspartame poisoning. It took me 7 years to get a final diagnosis of EDS and I am pretty sure she CFS too.
I've given up and now I diagnose and treat all our ailments. They do it in America so I thought I can too. I know as much as a 2nd year medical student, except I can't go and get a degree-can't afford to.

I come from Romany gypsies and they have problems with this western diet, as they need higher amounts of vitamin C and less salt. This adds to my eldest's CFS.
But one thing the Gypsies did all the time was plant seeds and propagate plants along their routes and stopovers.
So this is doable.

In fact Danish Scurvy plant is doing that all by itself along our motorways, it loves salty areas to grow, which it gets via the salt and grit in winter.
It used to be eaten by sailors a bit everyday to keep scurvy (vitmain C deficiency) away. The first symptom is bleeding gums. Bleeding gums are not caused by bad brushing or poor teeth hygiene-that is another lie of the health circus.

What we need is knowledge; knowledge of the old ways. Get back the wise woman (also now man) who knew her herbs.
Stuff like Black salve.

The other scenario was, we were that middle class that got stiffed. We had one wage earner and yet we got none of the tax breaks of two wage earners, that earned the same as my hubby.
We found our debts were higher than the cost of 2 average UK houses at one point. All because Blair upped taxes and stopped marriage allowance on wage taxes. We lost 100 GBP a month that year and we were already on the breadline as we had to buy a house when we first got married. And then a kid came along very quickly.
So we have been poor as church mice on a middle management wage, for the last 20 yrs.

Sometimes I get so mad that I cry.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I think they know something.. and this page may have been 404'd due to other stuff that's being made public..

But then again, I may just be 'reaching a bit too far' as I'm often accused of doing
Still, if you don't look at all possible angles, you can't say you didn't think about it

Todays news brought a few things up that could kinda link along with the UYK shops closing.. or other countries shops for that matter.

Firstly we see a nudge towards the banks.. ie, getting it in peoples minds that someone is doing something to help improve the banks and now may be a good time for you to go and get a new/change account..
Why try to bolster the banking system? We know it's broken..

Further significant changes are needed in the market for personal current accounts, the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said.

The OFT has been reviewing the way the UK's banks run these accounts, because of concerns over competition and a lack of focus on customers' needs.

Despite improvements since its last review in 2008, it said consumers still lacked confidence to switch accounts.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Then we see a "sluggish trend".. a trend you say? More like you're playing with words to not make people panic.. A sluggish trend appears aftert the word recession.. so you're hit with the key issue, then you're made to felt a bit better by a 'trend.. as we all know trends come and go.. recessions hurt much more.

The UK economy shrank by 0.3% in the last three months of 2012, further fuelling fears that the economy could re-enter recession.

The Office for National Statistics (ONS) said the fall in output was largely due to a drop in mining and quarrying, after maintenance delays at the UK's largest North Sea oil field.

The economy had grown by 0.9% in the previous quarter, boosted by the London 2012 Olympic Games.

For the whole year, growth was flat.

The ONS said that the "bumpy economy" was on a "sluggish trend"

www.bbc.co.uk...

And here we see the true state of affairs.. the country is collapsing..not just financialy but physicaly as well.
Remember my post on the cost of repairing all the pot holes in the roads? The councils cannot afford to do it as the government has not given them extra money.. council tax has been frozen due to the uproar it would cause if it did go up anymore..the cost of fuel for the home is going sky high and petrol (gas) prices are hovering at an average 1.30 a litre.. I think we are at the tipping point..I cannot see it getting any better.. we may be right at the top of the ride now and are just peering over the edge and about to take the merry plunge downwards..

The coalition made a mistake in cutting back capital spending when it came into office, Nick Clegg has said.

The deputy PM told The House magazine that ministers had reassured themselves at the time that the reduction was in line with plans drawn up by Labour.

But they now realised investment in infrastructure was crucial for economic recovery, he added.

His comments came ahead of fresh GDP figures - which show that the UK economy is contracting once again.

The Office for National Statistics said the economy contracted by 0.3% in the October to December quarter. Most economists had forecast a drop of 0.1%.

Labour said Mr Clegg's comments were the coalition's first admission of a "serious mistake" on the economy.

www.bbc.co.uk...

See, a "serious mistake"..
Yeah it's the government having a go at the government..but this could be a message to those in the know..

We have urged ministers to bring forward infrastructure investment and build thousands more homes, but they have refused to listen. ”

Rachel Reeves Shadow chief secretary to the Treasury

So why are they not listening?
Is spending on the future too damned risky rght now?
Why build more houses if something drastic is coming?

And then the mayor of London, Mr/ Jonson pipes up and says his bit..

He also reportedly wants people to "stop bashing industries in which we are strong like banks".

Stop bashing the banks????
that's a good one..it's their fault in the first place..

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
The link is still there, but as you said, 404'ed, will continue searching

It's not something new and I don't think it's actually sinister. Some links appear where maybe the actual page hasn't been loaded yet if it's breaking news, and sometimes when perhaps factual details need to be verified before it can be released and someone didn't remove the link. Sometimes it's just a simple case of the page being retitled - this happens guys, if you have ever maintained a website with multiple contributors you will know this is a risk and it just so happens the BBC news site is high profile so such mess ups are seen more often than on more low profile sites. Not a conspiracy.... especially as the actual subject featured a lot on the BBC TV news.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Originally posted by something wicked

Some links appear where maybe the actual page hasn't been loaded yet if it's breaking news, and sometimes when perhaps factual details need to be verified before it can be released and someone didn't remove the link. Sometimes it's just a simple case of the page being retitled - this happens guys, if you have ever maintained a website with multiple contributors you will know this is a risk and it just so happens the BBC news site is high profile so such mess ups are seen more often than on more low profile sites. Not a conspiracy.... especially as the actual subject featured a lot on the BBC TV news.

The link did not work all day and did not let you follow to another link.
The details were factual as this report had come from another site which they also used to write two other reports on their news site that day as I have previously listed.
I did not see this feature being talked about on the TV.. maybe i missed it...

I am suspiscious about this report especially after todays bit of news about the possibility of a tripple dip recession.

Chancellor George Osborne said the figures were a reminder that the UK faces "a very difficult economic situation".

He described them as "a reminder that last year was particularly difficult, that we face problems at home with the debts built up over many years, and problems abroad with the eurozone, where we export many of our products, deep in recession".

But Labour's shadow chancellor Ed Balls said: "Today's news confirms what business leaders, retailers and families have known for many months - that depressed confidence and a chronic shortage of demand mean our economy continues to flat line.

"This government's failing plan has now seen our economy stagnate for over two years and borrowing is now rising as a result."

Frances O'Grady, general secretary of the TUC, said: "We are now mid-way through the coalition's term of office and its economic strategy has been a complete disaster.

"The economy has grown by just 1%, real wages have fallen, and the manufacturing and construction sectors have shrunk. We remain as dependent on the City as we did before the financial crash."

If the economy were to also shrink in the first three months of 2013, then the UK would re-enter recession, defined as two consecutive quarters of contraction.

Capital Economics believes another contraction in the first quarter is "quite possible... especially given the snow disruption".

www.bbc.co.uk...

But it goes deeper than what we're seeing here.
In my area and doing a 20 mile distant search.. 21 jobs were added to the .Gov job site today.
jobsearch.direct.gov.uk...

21 jobs.. and if I'm right, some of those are repeats from earlier this week.

There's more that could tie in as well.. don't forget we are small fry..those at the top have a bigger nad better picture of actual events..
There's all the food waste..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
China going for gold..
and maybe.. maybe the extinction..or near enough..of bees

And i haven't even touched on how much debt and trouble large parts of theEU are in.. or the amount of debt these countries, including the USA has..
Everyone forgotten Detroit??

These are the tip of the iceberg..

I do feel that the BBC accidentaly let slip some info that wasn't supposed to go live.. unfortunately, one site managed to grab it and post it.. no other link I found contained the details.. If it was pulled from the site, why would they bother to show it on TV??

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

So why are they not listening?
Is spending on the future too damned risky rght now?

While building new, decent homes for people is too risky, the government will still get their new housing. On the cheap of course. The government are planning to change the law to allow unused offices to be converted to homes without planning permission(source).

So now all those unusedoffice parks, made empty by companies moving their back office functions to India, can be converted into slums!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Sorry, I think you are digging too deep and looking for a conspiracy, but hey! I guess that's why some people come to the site. There are enough pages you can look at that shout about economic bad news on the BBC site alone that kind of means one particular page would be neither here nor there, but if it's something you believe, go for it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

yeah... maybe I am.. But if I didn't consider it and then it all suddenly happened, I'd be a lot more shocked and stuck than what I would have been if, at least, slightly forewarned..

Makes you wonder why they're suddenly sorting out new laws for bailiffs to come into effect next year..

Laws to tackle aggressive bailiffs will be introduced next year in England and Wales, the government has announced.

Bailiffs will be banned from entering homes at night, or properties where only children are present, and will be stopped from using any physical contact when dealing with people who owe money.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Are they hoping that the softly-softly approach will help them get people out of their homes easier and faster or goods/moneys seized faster and with less hassle...
It would certainly stop a lot of claims of physical abuse going through the courts..

Someone's penny pinching

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join