Eveyone read! nuclear war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The test would be the first under Kim Jong-un, seen here at the rocket command centre

North Korea 'plans nuclear test'

Updated 14 minutes ago North Korea says it is proceeding with plans for a third nuclear test. In a statement carried by KCNA news agency, the top military body said the "high-level nuclear test" and more long-range rocket launches were aimed at its "arch-enemy", the US. The statement gave no time-frame for the test. North Korea has conducted two nuclear tests, in 2006 and 2009. The move comes two days after a UN Security Council resolution condemned Pyongyang's recent rocket launch.

The Security Council also expanded sanctions against the isolated communist country following its December launch, which was seen by the US and North Korea's neighbours as a banned test of long-range missile technology. North Korea said the rocket was solely aimed at putting a satellite into space for peaceful purposes. 'Ready' The statement, which came from North Korea's National Defence Commission, hit out at the resolution as "illegal", before pledging a response. "We do not hide that the various satellites and long-range rockets we will continue to launch, as well as the high-level nuclear test we will proceed with, are aimed at our arch-enemy, the United States," KCNA quoted it as saying. "Settling accounts with the US needs to be done with force, not with words," it added.

Recent reports from South Korean and US bodies which monitor North Korea's nuclear test sites had said North Korea could be preparing for a third test. Earlier on Thursday, a South Korean defence ministry spokesman said it appeared that North Korea was "ready to conduct a nuclear test at anytime if its leadership decides to go ahead". Regional neighbours and the US have urged it not to proceed. "We hope they don't do it, we call on them not to do it. It will be a mistake and a missed opportunity if they were to do it," said Glyn Davies, the US special envoy on North Korea policy who is currently visiting Seoul. "This is not a moment to increase tensions on the Korean Peninsula." A South Korean foreign ministry spokesman said Seoul deeply regretted the North Korean statement and "strongly" urged it not to go ahead. China's foreign ministry, meanwhile, called on all relevant parties to "refrain from action that might escalate the situation in the region". Beijing - North Korea's closest ally and biggest trading partner - backed Tuesday's Security Council resolution, something which correspondents say will have angered its northern neighbour.

'High-level' Both North Korea's previous nuclear tests followed long-range rocket launches. If it were to go ahead, this would be the first nuclear test under Kim Jong-un, who took over the leadership after the death of his father Kim Jong-il in December 2011. There was no explanation in the statement of what "high-level" test might mean. Experts believe the two previous tests used plutonium as fissile material, but North Korea is also believed to have been working on a programme to produce highly-enriched uranium. It is thought that North Korea is not yet able to make a nuclear device small enough to mount on a long-range missile, although the US believes that is Pyongyang's ultimate goal.

BBC © 2013

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by I1Am1Ready1Are1You

I'm pretty sure I already read a thread on this here a few minutes ago.......

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...
North Korea 'plans third nuclear test'

North Korea says new nuclear test will be part of fight against U.S.
www.cnn.com...

Just thought I'd add some more, with links

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I'm sorry, i guess i did not look enough. if this is a duplicate, then mods please delete.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

thanks for adding. God help is all if this gets any worse.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Nuclear war or nuclear test you mean?
Just saying.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ParaSpy2012

i believe the test will lead to war, if they poke at us, we will poke back. they are testing the range, and capabilities of their nuclear weapons with us in the crosshairs. I believe that if they're going to test the parameters on United States then that means they must intend on using the weapon on the United States. either way this seems to lead to war unless they do not test their weapons on us then there should be no war.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This must have been NK's longest stretch with no press attention ever.Must be driving lil Kim crazy.Of course their over do for a tension increasing assine probation for attention.Soon to be followed by some ridiculous demands.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

i can see where past experience may have led you to come to this conclusion, however this smells different this tome we will see what's what in due time.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I got this from a former member of the intel this isn't classified is how I kno but there really isn't much chance of us being nuked bc one we can easily detect it and will kno it is coming and possibly can make it not hit us bc they are missiles pretty much that go up into space or right to the part of the end of our atmosphere and satalites would tell us and we obviously would fire back(coming from him) and it would be suicide for both sides, no Iraq or the middle east on the other hand might do it bc they don't care if they get blown back up haha correct me if I'm wrong about the missel and space thing but he said that and I'm not positive about what types of thing we can do Toledo it from hitting but it still is highly unlikely

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
If America and us allies dont stop hyping Japan up about the islands that Japan and China are currently arguing over, This test will go ahead because China will sanction it to muscle flex.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I believe this will be a test of a hydrogen bomb. I think I am the first person to predict this?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

hydrogen bomb, key word bomb which implicates normally drop from a plane which would not happen in this case.
and you can bet that North Korea has something a bigger and store then a low level hydrogen bomb.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Come this topic is so boring. The dog that barks does not bite. This NK topic comes like the flu and it leaves the same way.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I refer all back to the innaug speeches. The veiled warning.

Somethings cooking

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

The U.S. wrote the Japanese Constitution which forbids Japan to build any large stockpile or capabilities of Offensive Weapons.

Because of this the U.S. by treaty is responsible for the defense of Japan and if China were to attack Japan in any way...the U.S. Military would destroy any Chinese Attacking Military.

So it is not whether we should or not...by treaty we have to.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
War?
I will buy you beer for life if this scenario you so are concerned with happens..
So,, in saying this, No war is coming.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Have you all not figured out NK's game yet?

All this posturing they do is only to get the world powers to sit at a bargaining table to secure their starving masses another six months of food. Nothing to see here; they don't have a reliable delivery system that could reach beyond the city limits of Pyongyang.
edit on 1/24/13 by soulshn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Look what happened to Saddam Hussein when he lot go of his nuclear ambitions. Do you think the Iraq invasion would of happened if he had a few nukes on his side? NK is doing this for there survival. Same sort of principle that the gun debate and 2nd amendment is going through in America.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Interestingly NK does have ties with Russia and China but would they support aggresive actions of a ill gotten mind. If it is not in their interest I doubt it.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join