It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Thermite Debate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Saw this today and I must say,

Its the first time someones been able to prove, to me, that indeed thermite setup correctly on the beams could bring down the towers.

Great video, i must say worth watching for anyone who believes thermite couldnt be used! go on, challenge yourself!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

great clip, although I feel the true point will be missed and that is the massive amount of disinformation that has been pumped into the public domain surrounding thermite / thermate and its use.
Also what is plain to see is the amount of criticism any video on you tube mentioning thermite or 9/11 truth will get, it gets hammered with an almost bot like passion of negativity.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

When correctly set up, it can also be achieved with blowtorches or disc grinders. Next step is to prove any of those options were actually used.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ever used any? It's slow and sloppy, like old people # as my instructor would say .
edit on 24-1-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Not according to this video, did you watch it?
He makes some pretty good examples of how easily and quick it can disable the WTC beams.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Looks like the usual truther stuff . Thermite' s great for what it' s good for. But it' s slow and unpredictable to ignite. You can' t do it in a timed fashion like a detonation. And thermate' ll leave boron all over . Looks like SOS to me. Don' t get me wrong - I love thermate for ruining people' s day but it' s not appropriate for controlled demolition.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

You are 100% WRONG. Yes, it can be made to fizzle. It can be formulated to weld steel. It can also be formulated to cut steel like plasma. Just google it. It's been around since the early 1900's.

P.S. it can be detonated and there is no boron in it. Where do you get this stuff?
edit on 24-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I know you are a disinfo agent Bedlam. Where's Pteridine? I can teach him more about DSC if he can understand.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Thermite can be several different formulations, as can thermate (therm-8) Most thermate has boron or barium as an accelerant . Sure you can weld with it . It' s just not useful as a demolition agent.

edit to add: if there' s one thing it doesn't do, it' s detonate .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

REALLY, google aluminum thermite explosions. Hmmm, you can blow up an aluminum casting facility with this reaction.

You spew nonsense.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

the detonation is a spark. Ever light the fuse on a bottle rocket?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ibiubu
reply to post by Bedlam

I know you are a disinfo agent Bedlam. Where's Pteridine? I can teach him more about DSC if he can understand.

Is Pteridine your sock puppet? You sound like a bot. Earnest Voice?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

When you can set thermite off with a spark, record it . You' ll get lots of views .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I disagree, you don't need to time 'thermite' you just need to time the 'mixing' concept.

As i said, this video proves it can be done. You could use a simple watch/piston method so it doesnt initiate until a certain time.

If I can time my bread cooker, or oven to turn on and start its process at a given time, theres no reason i couldnt rig up 'something' to initiate a thermite reaction!

remember, in the days leading up to 9/11 people report that the dogs were taken off site.

looks very logical, and plausible to me.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I'm not showing people how to do this. No way. I made thermite and thermate reactions using a variety of fused accelerants and lit them up like a candle. For safety videos. My chemical and metallurgical experimentation involves avoiding explosive reactions. So, I won't educate people on this dangerous phenomena.

But, what you have posted is completely wrong. Pteridine usually shows up when you do. I can't remember the others. He will be here soon.
edit on 24-1-2013 by ibiubu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Thermite takes a LOT of heat to initiate . Mixing can be done whenever you like. The issue is that it is slow to combust and erratic. You could not possibly do this across a structure.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ibiubu

Bring on your sock puppet . You didn' t set off either thermite nor thermate with a spark or firework fuse . Not that it matters greatly, because thermite doesn' t detonate. It burns( a redox reaction if you want to be technical). I don' t think you could even use deflagrate for the thermite reaction accurately.

edit to add : you want to weld a train car to a track, disable a vehicle, screw up a tank or weld a ship's prop, thermite's your boy. You want controlled demolition, no.

second edit: no one including the firemen knows what molten material that is . steel, glass, pot metal, it all glows red.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I'll agree that is an excellent video, and people gotta watch it all the way through. The juicy stuff is from the halfway point forward. I mean this guy went to some pretty great lengths to prove his point.

The thing that gets me is, if a guy like this can do all that, just through his own means, what the heck could an expert in explosives and demolition do with the financial backing of a nation-state, and YEARS of experimentation?

I mean there is no question that it could be done after watching THAT video. None!

Improvement on those devices with high tech materials and further refining would be extremely effective.

Those puffs of smoke blowing out the windows may have nothing to do with the fire after all. And everything to do with the charges set.

Great find man, and S&F for sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

So I didn't do it. Okay, have a nice day. Truth is I did.

BtW, you said that thermite can only fizzle, now you say you can weld with it. How do you provide the heat for a redox reaction? an accelerant explosive, hence detonation.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
First time I heard about the demolition theory I thought it was pretty crazy. When I saw the video of WTC 7 falling, my heart dropped and I knew it was really crazy. With independent investigations finding thermite in the dust and the by products in the air the case is reasonably conclusive. With official investigations not even looking, ignoring important facts and changing the story so the pay out could still go ahead it is one big white wash.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join