It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itmakesense

Look at the dead leaves and the stick under the first big boulder.
No magnification needed.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Very interesting. Thank you for the post.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
One thing that I think is the most interesting in that image and that nobody (that I noticed) pointed out:

If that's what it looks like to me (a crack in the ground, with eroded edges) then it means that dust/sand has been falling through that crack for thousands or millions of years and it didn't fill the empty space below, which probably means that there's a large underground area beneath Curiosity.

Or I may be completely wrong.

You are completely wrong.

The crack in the ground can be relatively recent. Erosion can happen due to thermal expansion and contraction, and if there is indeed a little ice under the surface, all bets are off regarding how cracks can appear and disappear. So I don't know how you came up with millions of years. The cavity can be a dozen gallons in volume.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Great finds. The picture that shows panel on ground no way is that natural just no way. If thats a real Mars picture then all i can say is you have shown definitive proof of an artifical object on Mars and therefore strong circumstantial evidence that Nasa is lying at point blank to the taxpayers who fund them.
edit on 24-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Well they already pulled off the biggest hoax of the 20th century when they said man had gone to the Moon, so to pull off another hoax is just a walk in the park for them.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
keep in mind Mars has a completely different climate then Earth does.
Also alot of basaltic rocks look like that

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, great job for gathering it all together.

Personally other than the 1 picture that shows something like a metal plate they all look naturally occurring to me . Even that shot does really show anything firm that says its not naturally occurring as I have seen formations like that while doing back country hiking in Yellowstone.

All the same, its interesting to look so thanks again!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Very interesting. The panel sitting there is definitely not part of the natural order of things. It had to have been intelligently designed. Which puts into question what the items in the other images are. Lots of times you have the cooks that believe every pebble is signs of intelligent ancient life on Mars but this time it is credible. i guess we wont actually know for sure until we send someone there or figure out how to get a spacecraft to return with artifacts (which the russians were working on but their mars program is a joke).

A good example of Martian anomolies that was a hoax to remember is the giant rock shaped like a face. So you're telling me you have spy satellites orbiting Earth that can read a liscense plate number on a car but the best image you can get of proof of alien life on mars is as grainy as a wheat field (a pun, get it
)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Wow, I thought number 12 was really interesting, It does look like a circular carving in that stone. Number 10 was really weird too, it looked like some thin rock, or covering. Who knows what we may see one day when we look at these pictures closer.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorAlfB

Pictured is a composite of four images of a Goodyear blimp.

www.huffingtonpost.com...=1921146

Goodyear says the blimp that looks like a flying saucer during the London Olympics was the unmarked, in front of a global audience, Spirit of Safety.
The Spirit of Safety crashed and burned during the Summer of 2011.

Believe whatever you want.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sweet pictures OP! That one with the "panel" blows me away.. Either Mars has bizarre weather and erosion, or that's an archaeologists wet dream..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
i have no problems believing Mars was once a populated planet.
i also have no problems believing that there are relics of that civilization
strewn across the land.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

10000% Zoom

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
ALL KINDS OF WEIRDNESS in this pic. To me, looks like a previous site of liquid flow. Has the visual characteristics of a stream/lake bed. It would also explain the diversity in the stones.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HooHaa

More like a Geographer's or Geologist's wet-dream

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by LeLeu

Well champ, just like I cant prove they are anything other than rocks, you also cant prove they are. Therefore laugh all you like. I still believe it looks like a sheet of metal, and you know what they say about opinions and everyone having one.

The so called sheet of metal or panel is roughly 10cmx5cm or 4x2 inches.

It's amazing to me that people put blind faith into one single image when there are more available to view.
It's important to be logical and find a natural explanation rather than jump to conclusions.
Going by the other photos taken by the same camera it's clearly obvious from the surrounding area these are all natural. The photos prove that without any doubt what so ever.

Wow, this image should have been included. Definitely think it is shale now.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am 'Mr Skeptic' when it comes to nearly everything someone calls out as 'found in Mars/Moon' images, but I must say these look amazing. Sure, some look to me a little like rocks but some.... as an example the 'sheet' looks to me just like a piece of metal (like roofing, etc) and the formation you said looked like wood fossils, to me look like cement (it almost looks like you are viewing the side where the forms were, not unlike a building foundation).
Kudos, I am impressed!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Gold veins I like a lot but could me Mars Mother Nature, the panel is what intrigues me the most.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorAlfB

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Great finds. The picture that shows panel on ground no way is that natural just no way. If thats a real Mars picture then all i can say is you have shown definitive proof of an artifical object on Mars and therefore strong circumstantial evidence that Nasa is lying at point blank to the taxpayers who fund them.
edit on 24-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Well they already pulled off the biggest hoax of the 20th century when they said man had gone to the Moon, so to pull off another hoax is just a walk in the park for them.

Oh come on, don't start with that "we didn't go to the moon" crap on this interesting thread, once the pictures showing the sites with the astronauts foot prints should have shut up every uneducated 'scientist' on the planet! As was stated before, if it was faked to what purpose? To beat the Russians, right? So, why would they do it more than once and take a chance on getting caught?
Get OVER IT, we went to the Moon... Nasa hides stuff from us (like WHY they risked so much to go to the moon) but please, please don't get started on this!
This thread is about strange shapes found on Mars.. the OP said NOTHING about cover-ups!! Enough said!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

yup, looks like gold...the rest isn't particularly interesting

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
I would have thought a moderator would take the middle ground and not buy into an argument on either side.
i.e a non partisan presiding officer, yet you have really taken up the gauntlet for the side of nay.

So by that logic, I suppose you also believe that police officers aren't allowed to vote in elections?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join