It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: double post

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well, to me the only interesting thing i see is the panels, thanks for the pics op.
Good work

Most of the others look like water erosion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Can't say for sure but, your image 5 looks like a lot of the plastic water bottles I see on the side of the road.

Would that not be a treasure to find after going all the way to Mars?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Um yeah cool pictures of rocks.... sorry OP but if there was anything EVER in NASA pictures, it would be doctored out.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Obviously you cant be fooled as you're too intelligent. LOL maybe its a panel that has been shaped from rock since you insist so vehemently that it is a rock.
Some people have no imagination and some people have too much and some people have blinkers on, which group do you belong to?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Interesting observations OP
, especially with that cube thing, it's is something that deserves the second look.
While the majority are preocupied with Curiosity, and in light of ancient ruins on Mars, allow me to drop here one pic taken by the Opportunity rover on SOL3058.
IMO the pic speaks for itself.

Source Image

I choose to see!!!

Looks like the regular desert rocks to me

www.touropia.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Here's what I see:

1. Rock
2. Rock
3. Rock
4. Rock
5. Rock
6. Rock
7. Rock
8. Rock
9. Rock
10.Rock
11.Rock
12.Rock
13.Rock

Now, before you get defensive, I can certainly use my imagination and say Rock 3 looks like Olympic Swimmer Greg Loughenis or Rock 8 looks like a Prius...the problem with that, is I do the same thing with clouds, and Mars is at least 34 million miles away. And all we have to base anything on is a handful of pictures of things that look like lots of things, to include rocks.

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Why does my photo's keep disappearing!

link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
You guys are so good at finding completely obvious rocks.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thank you for taking the time and sharing, I enjoyed it.
I don't really seen the same things you do, though the triangle thing
and the "panel" are cool. And the one object with the sphere looking top.
Should would be neat to be able to get pictures directly from Curiosity, before NASA had a
chance to "filter" them, assuming they do.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by ArMaP

I would have thought a moderator would take the middle ground and not buy into an argument on either side.

I think you failed to read the disclaimer that is automatically added when a moderator posts in the member capacity. It's the frame around the post. Read it.

Moderators are entrusted with keeping piece, order and decorum on the forum. That doesn't mean that they need to check their opinions (as members) and their expertise on the subject at the door, that would be a waste. In particular, as I had a chance to see, over the years, ArMap demonstrated a rather remarkable level of knowledge when it comes to analyzing and interpreting imagery. I'm thankful that he's contributing in a tasteful, restrained and useful manner.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead
reply to post by kudegras

Some moderators around here lately are awful...I'll leave it at that. Contribute in discussions, don't participate in the very behavior you threaten the ban hammer for...

It's not the Mod's fault these are rocks

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
At first I saw the 'panel' and went 'wow'... but I've seen very geometric rocks in the world and this could be just a natural fissure or the like.
Type 'geometric rock' into Google images... you'll see some great 'panels' and more.

Great post though!

I hope there are aliens.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu

Originally posted by LennayTheUndead
reply to post by kudegras

Some moderators around here lately are awful...I'll leave it at that. Contribute in discussions, don't participate in the very behavior you threaten the ban hammer for...

It's not the Mod's fault these are rocks

Haha....I was speaking in general terms. This mod (as far as I have read) hasn't crossed that line...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I see rocks. I see minerals...

This thread really got 100 flags??

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by kudegras
I would have thought a moderator would take the middle ground and not buy into an argument on either side.

A moderator is, most of all, another member like yourself, we are just a kind of "forum janitors".

Like any other members we have our own opinions about anything, but when we post as a regular member we do not moderate those threads, as it says in that border around my posts (most of the times I forget to use it, but this time I remembered
).

Deny ignorance is one thing but you are denying possibility, and I say possibility as until we can walk the rockscapes of Mars it is now and will only ever be theoretical.

No, I'm not denying the possibility, I am only stating my opinion of someone that likes rocks and geology in general and that has seen thousands of Mars photos that although that area is very interesting I don't see a thing that looks artificial or out of place.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
I see rocks. I see minerals..
This thread really got 100 flags??

Maybe because it rocks.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by manmental
Type 'geometric rock' into Google images... you'll see some great 'panels' and more.

Good point. For example, look at these "panels".

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join