It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Unfortunately, there could be an Alien holding a sign saying "Earth or Bust" and the people who don't want to believe it WON'T!

You can not make someone see the obvious

if

The obvious is something they DON'T want to see.

Until we get more people who are willing to see the truth wherever that may take them then we are ALL stuck right where we are.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You're right. I'm surprised at how many people out there go through life so closed minded and with eyes wide shut.

I often find myself quoting "There are none so blind as those who will not see".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
IMO, It looks exactly like something one would see in a dried riverbed in a desert. Where you have your pitted and carved rocks from erosion and weathering. Temperature extremes on Mars, I would believe, would help contribute to the fracturing of some rocks, and shifting some of the dried mud-cracks below. Also, that vein on the rock looks more like a small quartz vein, quartz is a fairly common silicate.... Though that's my opinion.

Rocks may look shiny and Iron-esque due to polishing from weathering and erosion, as there are winds on mars, I can see this.

Just something I would say from observation.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
bunch of stupid rocks...as usual
I wasted a click.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
some of those rocks look out of place, like they don`t belong there. That`s a relatively flat smooth area with some small rocks but then you see those larger rocks sitting there in that flat smooth area and it just looks out of place.
it makes me wonder how they got there and if they got there through natural means why aren`t there a lot more of those larger rocks there?
interesting picture.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

Some of the rock-type objects could be explained by natural formation/erosion I suppose, and because I don't know what was/is natural weather erosion on Mars, I couldn't confidently discount these shapes as natural for the Martian environment.

BUT .....

That 'panel' type object lying flat on the ground couldn't possibly be a natural formation

So, there can be only one of two explanations for this particular image, either we're being lied to and this image is not of Mars, or the image is of debris left behind by someone/thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

swamp farts.
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LOL

thats the first time i have laughed today thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge

swamp farts.
reply to post by JibbyJedi

LOL

thats the first time i have laughed today thanks

Yea was a gas was is not ?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Interesting observations OP
, especially with that cube thing, it's is something that deserves the second look.
While the majority are preocupied with Curiosity, and in light of ancient ruins on Mars, allow me to drop here one pic taken by the Opportunity rover on SOL3058.
IMO the pic speaks for itself.

Source Image

I choose to see!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Dude... I've gotta say; I'm intrigued... this was a good find. Can't believe I'm saying that about an "objects on Mars" thread...

That said, this type of thing is kind of of what I would expect to find on Mars; I believe human history isn't what we think it is (my opinion).

S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Love the pic...

I downloaded the .tiff file and examined it fairly closely. I don't see anything un-natural but as others have mentioned, there appears to be a lot of water related weathering and fracturing of the rocks which is a monumental find in and of itself.

The one rock that looks like a hunk of petrified wood looks like it could be from a Basalt intrusion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I am intrigued by the "panel" picture, but as for the others, I believe similar objects can be found around most rivers or other common areas. Of course, that's just my opinion on these particular images, I fully believe that there are things to find on Mars that may indicate "we" lived there at one time.

Oh, and the photo of the gold vein is a great find!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

It seems NASA has taken particular interest in the same area as the photo you uploaded. They intend to drill there for the first time.

www.americaspace.com...

Theres a centimeter ruler center pic that gives the area some scale. And a ton of odd looking objects in view as well. I'm not one to speculate on ancient martians, that genre has been ongoing for over a 100 years. The geology of this spot seems important enough to NASA though.

A little over five months since making landfall on the blood-red surface of Mars, NASA’s remarkable Curiosity rover is heading towards its first sample-drilling target: a flat rock, laced with pale veins, which may yield clues about the planet’s wet past.

---
...in a region where the rover’s Mast Camera (Mastcam) and other instruments have revealed diverse – and unanticipated – geological features, including ‘veins’, nodules, cross-bedded layering, a lustrous, sandstone-embedded pebble and possibly holes in the ground.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
awesome work man. admittedly, a few of those pics had me saying 'thats a rock...thats a rock...thats a rock...does this guy not know what wind and sand do to rocks over decades?' but that panel one stopped me in my tracks. still think some of them are just wind/sand blown rocks, but that panel one had me scrolling back through for a second look at everything. well done!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
As a boy I had this strange recurring dream about living in a huge city on mars, it had blue skies, green landscape much like earth have. But something terrible was going to happen, everybody knew.. (I never figured out what this "terrible" thing was in the dream) but anyway.. the people of mars, did not have the power to escape mars but they did spread some kind of "seed of life" with probes to ALL nearby planets in the galaxy

Perhaps I have memories of a past life on mars

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Cross bed layering of rock that has eroded away or fractured is not unusual...

This whole region is covered with similar geology. You guys do know there is a 96 mile wide crater nearby? How earth--- I mean Mars shattering is that?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Interesting observations OP
, especially with that cube thing, it's is something that deserves the second look.
While the majority are preocupied with Curiosity, and in light of ancient ruins on Mars, allow me to drop here one pic taken by the Opportunity rover on SOL3058.
IMO the pic speaks for itself.

Source Image

I choose to see!!!

do you have a link to a high res version of that picture..

I would love to do some picture analysis on that
that´s just incredible

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Does anyone with knowledge of rock formations have a list of logical explanations for the 'panel'?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great Post ! The Panel Photo is to me the most Odd there aren't Panels on Mars as we know But something is up with all these photos, I want to add one thing and is it possible and I beleave it is that maybe they never sent this probe to mars that maybe the photos are on Earth and this all might be a Hoax. There are many possibilities and this is all Very Interesting and T.P.T.B. do not want certain info to get out as we all know. Thanks for this Great Thread, Excellent ! All the Best !

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns
...I've looked over hundreds of pictures from Mars and in 98% of them, I see absolutely nothing that looks unusual to me. This is why this one image interests me so much.

I think you did a marvelous job of identifying features that should be given a closer look.
Sincere thanks!
Will give these a closer look later.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmazonOfArtemis
Does anyone with knowledge of rock formations have a list of logical explanations for the 'panel'?

It's a Panel Rock.
Hope I'm not being too vague...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join