It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Most Interesting Mars Picture I've Come Across.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+197 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Like many people, sometimes when I'm bored, I like to download some pics from the Curiosity mission and look them over. First thing I want to say is that I'm not one of those people that finds something in every picture I look at. I've looked over hundreds of pictures from Mars and in 98% of them, I see absolutely nothing that looks unusual to me. This is why this one image interests me so much.

After going through so many pictures and not seeing anything that seemed out of place, I come across this one and see so many things out of place that I don't know where to start. In fact, after hours of analyzing this image, it honestly looks like an archaeological site to me. There are just so many objects that seem "unnatural".

I'm going to highlight 13 items in this image that I find the most interesting, but honestly, there are probably at least that many more things in this image that I'm not going to point out. I figure if anyone is interested, you can download the original image yourself.

One thing I will point out is, I found another image that shows a small section of this larger image. That image is annotated with a measurement, which when I applied it to this larger image, would suggest that this entire image is only around 20 ft from right to left according to NASA. It would also indicate that most every object I'm going to point out is only a cm or two in size. Not to go off on a tangent, but my crazy conspiracy side, tends to think that NASA lies about the scale of the images in order to throw people off. Looking over this image, it's just hard to believe that some of the objects I'm looking at in pretty good detail aren't much larger than piece of sand according to NASA. Anyway, whether or not you believe the following objects are extremely tiny or not, they are still interesting to me and hopefully to you as well.

Here is a link to where you can download the original image to follow along if you'd like:

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

I recommend the full resolution TIFF file.

I have made this guide for you to follow along with me on the original image if you choose to download it.

1. Here we have an object that looks to me like a perfect isosceles triangle. with the top point at the bottom right.

100% Zoom

700% Zoom

2. Cube like object sticking out of the ground. Looks almost like iron or steel to me.

100% Zoom

800% Zoom

3. Two interesting objects to me in this picture. The one on the left especially. To me, this looks exactly like a petrified wooden beam sticking up out of the ground.

100% Zoom of area.

700% Zoom on the "wooden beam"

700% Zoom of object on the right.

4. This area appears to me to have carved images or writing of some kind, including something that looks a lot like the number two.

100% Zoom of area.

500% Zoom of area.

1000% Zoom of diamond shape.

100% Zoom of "number two"

5. This just looks like something unnatural. It looks carved, almost like some kind of tool or part of one.

100% Zoom

700% Zoom

6. Gold Veins?

100% Zoom

400% Zoom

Compare to this image of a gold vein on Earth.

7. This to me looks like either a carved image of something or a fossilized creature of some kind. It definitely doesn't look like an ordinary rock to me whatever it is.

100% Zoom

900% Zoom

8. Not too far away from the last object, we find this object which has a very similar carved out area on it.

100% Zoom

600% Zoom

9. Ok, I hate to use the word "reptilian", but this does look very much to me like a reptile like head of some kind. I hesitated to include this, but the more I looked at it, the more it just looks like parts of it are carved to me.

100% Zoom

500% Zoom

10. This area seems to have several things going on. A 'panel" of some kind sticking up as well as several objects that appear carved to me.

100% Zoom

300% Zoom of 'panel" and object on the left.

600% Zoom of object on the right top. Looks almost like a statue of some kind turned over. Notice the perfect triangle base.

11. This doesn't look like anything in particular to me, it just seems out of place and unnatural for some reason.

100% Zoom

600% Zoom

Continued....

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Continued...

Just to the left and below the last object, there appears to be some kind of images carved as well. This is zoomed in at 700%

12. This looks to me like some kind of carving in the side of this stone. The perfect circular nature of it is what caught my eye.

100% Zoom

600% Zoom

13. Finally, this area just looks like a group of carved objects of some kind to me.

100% Zoom

400% Zoom

Like I said before, I've looked through hundreds of Mars images and in 98% of them I don't see even one single object that seems unusual to me, so that's why this image intrigues me so much. To see so many perfect geometric angles, shapes and just "unnatural" looking things in one area is highly unusual.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the post no matter what you may think and I highly encourage you to download the original image and look around yourself.
edit on 24-1-2013 by jnyblujns because: Finishing Post

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thats awesome
ATS needs guys like you
I will give you F+S when I cross 20 posts

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

That is extremely good work. Very interesting observations. The one that looked like a flat panel just made me think I was looking at some kind of old construction site on earth.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMan78

That is extremely good work. Very interesting observations. The one that looked like a flat panel just made me think I was looking at some kind of old construction site on earth.

probably because you are lol

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I believe the "Pics or didn't happen" folks must be scratching them heads real bad.

Now, please don't tell me this are random rock formations. I know what ancient ruins look like when I see one.

This one can really tell something about our ancient past, if indeed true, perhaps it is evident in plain sight.

Fascinating, to say the list...

Reminds me of Puma Punka:

Peace

edit on 24-1-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: Add puma punku

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

awesome.. snf.. I love looking at these mars pics

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Very interesting! I hate to say it, but this almost seems too good to be true. I mean, NASA's no stranger to doctoring images and hiding things. How did something like this slip through?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I really enjoyed this post OP. Had both my husband and I scratching our heads and saying wow.

How much of these artifacts can be contributed to past exploration of mars? Do to crashes of satellites and other rovers?

Cirque

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I can hear all the skeptics nay-saying most of those pics as natural formations, but one cant be natural and that is the panel.
That has definitely been manufactured by someone and if indeed it is on Mars then either we have been there before or someone who needs to create an artificial barrier ie. wall or door or panel has .
I draw 2 conclusions, either they are not on Mars and are faking the pics for some reason or they are there and have missed this real evidence during one of their photoshop parties.
S & F

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadMan78

If you download the original image, there are several of these "panels" in various places sticking up from the ground, all with perfect 90 degree angles.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
These pics are sweet! It really does look like an unexcavated archeological site. I would love to see more if you happen to find any, keep up the good work.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there could be an Alien holding a sign saying "Earth or Bust" and the people who don't want to believe it WON'T!

You can not make someone see the obvious

if

The obvious is something they DON'T want to see.

Until we get more people who are willing to see the truth wherever that may take them then we are ALL stuck right where we are.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am usually the first person to take a "skeptical" view of things. Often if you stare at a cloud long enough you will see what you want. I have been immune to such behavior. That being said, holy smokes a couple of those pictures are a bit mind blowing!

There is a saying; "There are no straight lines in nature". There are exceptions to that rule, however there were enough straight lines protruding from the dirt in a couple of those photos to make my jaw drop a bit.

Can't wait for the dust to settle on this post, Good Job!

+11 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
interesting stuff. particularly this;

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What do you expect to see from Arizona? We could also be looking at Nevada.
How would we know, we can't get anyway near many areas with our cameras....we could be terrorists!

They wouldn't show us ANY area of the real Mars that wasn't heavily investigated & scrutinized before public view..... period. If there's an accidental alien "anything" caught on camera, it'll be a night time video from the ground of "Chinese lanterns" or swamp farts.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

cant see pics from photobucket at work. websense blocks it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

'probably because you are lol"

lol , riight, probably some mining site in middle of africa or india haha.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Great finds. The picture that shows panel on ground no way is that natural just no way. If thats a real Mars picture then all i can say is you have shown definitive proof of an artifical object on Mars and therefore strong circumstantial evidence that Nasa is lying at point blank to the taxpayers who fund them.
edit on 24-1-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Wow. Imagine a planet with 50 billion trillion rocks on it having any that look like something we could compare it to. I mean the odds must be what..... logical?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join