It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan should be taken off the air

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It has become far too obvious what CNN is trying to do - and they're using a Brit to do it. Piers Morgan is the Democrats Rush Limbaugh or Bill O'reilly. Considering that CNN masquerades as a "non-partisan' and unbiased News source (which no thinking person actually believes) it's astounding that they are still sticking with the hysterical Piers Morgan. Just look at Larry King. Say what you will about him, but he was a guy who managed to straddle the middle when he moderated. But Piers?? He is sometimes more fervent in his defense of democratic arguments then his democrat guest is. It's insane. It's comically transparent what his and CNN's agenda is.. And from what I've seen, he's as much a bully towards his guest as Bill O'reilly.

For example: He had a republican guest who argued in favor of those republican politicians who reprimanded Hillary Clinton for her recklessness in the Benghazi affair. Anyone who knows anything on this matter should be able to understand that something went awry, mistakes were made and despite the information ascertained about those who threatened the embassy, nothing was done to protect the American diplomats in Benghazi. What does Piers do? Does he act as a moderator should act? No, he assumes his bully pulpit and suggests that Rand Paul's criticism of Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice smelled of misogyny. This being the now proverbial Democrat counter-attack. If some minority happens to be arguing a democratic talking point, or is tangent to a democratic interest, its "sexism", or "misogynistic" or "racist" "Islamophobic" "homophobic". By now it should be obvious that this is a tawdry tactic used to shut up any opposition to Democratic initiatives. And it should be clear that this sort of demagoguery should have no place in a responsible political discourse.

I'm beginning to grow sick of Piers Morgan. He is far too blunt and far too hotheaded to keep up the CNN charade of being 'non-partisan'. For their sake - and for ours too - this man should be taken off TV. I don't care where he goes, but he is sullying, nay, polarizing in a very negative way, American politics.

I would be amazed if this man still has a show on CNN next year.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
This tactic does seem to be liberals answer for everything.

Where does this particular tactic stem from? Its infuriating.
edit on 23-1-2013 by stuntmanbob because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

so much for free speech

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Interesting, but I would suggest leaving him on. Free speech as a law doesn't apply here, but the principle of open debate should.

The main reason I would leave him on is because he's filling up air time with the least watched cable news program. If they get rid of him, they may replace him with some one who will draw an audience. His audience is about 600,000 to 650,000 across the country. I don't care for him, but he can't be having much impact. (Except, of course, for getting people's blood pressure up.) Perhaps he's hoping that the controversy will bring in viewers.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

That's exactly what is going on, in my opinion.

It's all about viewers, controversy. This is why he belches talking points and refuses to have a civil discussion, going so far as calling people stupid - throwing his script in a crumpled ball after a failed attempt at yelling over the voices of two women.

Hiding behind the first amendment while attacking the second is deeply ironic to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Omg, we do have something in common
I could agree with you any more...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The title of this thread is...."Piers Morgan should be taken off the air"...
This will never happen as long as folks are discussing him.
The OP has single handedly contributed to Piers carreer, hope he/she enjoys this fact...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
He should be taken off air, and then treated like any American....

Detained for an unknown amount of time....
Questioned for an unknown amount of time...
Frisked....
Body cavity searched...
Questioned again....
X-rayed....
Blood drawn unwillingly....
Tasered if questioning procedure....
Tasered if asking too many questions....
Tasered if taking too long to comply.....
ETC....(too many examples to mention)....

That's just on "suspicion" that he "may" be accused of the crime of Subversion by a foreign nation.

They would do worse to him if we went back 40-50 years. No cameras back then.

Being on the air with X population watching SHOULD be held to certain standards & procedures.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stuntmanbob

Originally posted by stuntmanbob
This tactic does seem to be liberals answer for everything.

Where does this particular tactic stem from?

Are you serious? The Dems are just taking a cue from the GOP. Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, all of FOX News... The GOP has been doing this biased reporting for many years. I wonder if the OP thinks all these people should be taken off the air, too...
Sounds like a police state to me.

The Dems are taking several leads from the GOP Playbook this year. I think it's very entertaining to watch!

I'm going to have to check out this Piers Morgan fellow...
edit on 1/24/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join