It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange hits out at WikiLeaks film

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Julian Assange has attacked an upcoming film based around himself and his organisation, Wikileaks. He claims that is is a "massive propaganda attack," not only against Wikileaks, but Iran as well.

"It is a mass propaganda attack against WikiLeaks the organisation," Assange told students in Oxford via a video-link from the Ecuadorean embassy in London.

"But it is not just an attack against us - it is an attack against Iran.

"It fans the flames to start a war with Iran."

"It's a lie upon a lie. Everything we see, read and hear is produced for a purpose."

news.smh.com.au...

Assange has obtained the script to the movie, which explains why he is speaking out against it.

Further:

...he said the opening scene was inside a military complex in Iran, with documents containing nuclear symbols.

The suggestion is that Iran is working on an atomic weapon, said Assange, adding: "How does this have anything to do with us? It is a lie upon lie. The movie is a massive propaganda attack on WikiLeaks and the character of my staff."

He quotes from the script, saying scientists are seen meeting a US agent. "How is it that a lie gets into a script about WikiLeaks?

www.independent.ie...

Personally, it was painfully obvious that the Wikileaks movie would be propaganda used against the Wikileaks organisation...the movie is said to paint Assange as a narcissistic, arrogant and self-indulged individual.

It will be interesting...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
They may not have him in an American prison, but he IS locked up

But he can still voice his opinions, I wonder how long it'll be before some "terrorist" blows up the embassy???

The world should keep its eyes on Julian, if we dont they'll...off'im.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I wonder how many gullible idiots will actually believe these lies.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
They may not have him in an American prison, but he IS locked up

But he can still voice his opinions, I wonder how long it'll be before some "terrorist" blows up the embassy???

The world should keep its eyes on Julian, if we dont they'll...off'im.

Agreed...i can't imagine what it would be like, living in a small unit and not being able to even place a foot on the footpath. The only sense of the outside world he can get is that from the balcony.

Yes, at least he still has the power (within the embassy) to continue speaking out against the corrupt states of the world. At least he has the power to continue his line of work...but it wouldn't surprise me if something were to happen to the building in which he is residing in...whether that be an attack, or the exclusion of the embassy from the UK (meaning he would be forced to step on British soil).

Agreed

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Probably the majority of those who watch the movie, unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Depends how tastefully it’s done, but probably millions. Unless it’s so utterly far fetched that it defies belief.

The UK cannot afford to set a precedent by invoking the Diplomatic and Consular Premises Act of 1987 of the embassy. Expect a lot of public upheaval if that happens. Not to mention among Ecuador’s allies are Russia, China and Iran... And most of their Latin American neighbours. What kinds of chain reaction would this set in motion?

Furthermore, they cannot allow the embassy to be attacked. It is their responsibility to keep the place safe. I know here in Melbourne China has an embassy in one of the city’s wealthiest suburbs - Toorak (about 5km [3 miles] from the CBD). There is strictly ‘no parking’ anywhere near the building and Federal police are on a constant patrol of the area, 24/7. They drive around in their red AFP cars. If you park there, as the company I work for had a job a few houses away, within minutes the Federal police are on the scene. I can only imagine the security would be far tighter at this embassy in London due to the circumstances.

If an attack did take place on the embassy it would be akin to launching an attack in Ecuador. The US, UK and its allies would certainly want absolutely no trail or clues pointing to them being behind it.

Perhaps this could be the event that kicks WWIII into action? US, UK, Australia and its allies want Assange, almost by any and all means. Ecuador, and by extension its allies in Iran, Russia, China and so forth should side with and defend Ecuador.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
All those cables and nothing on the terrorist regime of israel...
Seems legit to me.
/sarcasm off

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Funny coming from someone who hasn't read the cables. Or even googled "wikileaks israel" or something.
/sarcasm off

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
"It's a lie upon a lie. Everything we see, read and hear is produced for a purpose."

I hope he can appreciate the irony of that sentence...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Probably the same amount as believed the rubbish in Zero Dark Thirty.

They'll stop at nothing to discredit Assange.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I hope he can appreciate the irony of that sentence...

Can you explain in more detail what you mean?

new topics

top topics

join