Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

My Quick Review, Summary & Commentary on Research Related to Violent Video Games and Increased Viole

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Ok read your post er thread ill take my GTA AH64 F15 tank war and any other blood guts shoot em up blow them up game over any TV, movie,or MSM about the real life violence any day, for i know Games are not real, but tend to have a hand, eye, and reflex driven environment, and are of make believe!!! If i die i can hit the restart/ replay button and start over.

Graphics are cool, music sucks korn or G&R is best sometimes AC/DC when F15en. When playing from this list en.wikipedia.org...
Mozart, yes him that Mozart search.yahoo.com... or Bach yep him too.. they seem to set the mood just right for hitting the beach at Normandy or taking out jap pill box!!!
Best when in the cock pit of a P51shooting down a ME 109. I do find them games relaxing and enjoyable, but when i see on TV or MSM a drone taking out a building, or see a car pile up on the turn pike i want to puke my brains out!!!
When i see or here of kids get shot and killed at some school i want to throw a hammer at the TV set. That is when i turn to my games and take the aggravation out on the mouse key board and some moving target before it get me/ when that get old i come to ATS and post.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Congrats on not getting pushed over some edge in real life by the fantasy games.

Perhaps you never will be. Perhaps.

Particularly if you have mutually respectful, close, intimate relationships that are relatively free of stress and significant conflict.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Great post so articulate and you have eluded to the bigger picture in your follow up. The problem is that Pandora's box is open and the masses are already mesmerized and will refuse to understand and only defend there personal position. I fear the hour has become too late.

Its amazing to watch ole scratch take this world isn't it?

Bless you brother.
edit on 24-1-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
This entire subject matter is rediculous
They are video GAMES. End of story.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one

Now, now... you have been told, your brain can't tell the difference.

Oh Noes!!! I have been chastised by the OP, here you go BO:

PARTS of our brains in KEY RESPECTS and certain CONTEXTS etc. ESSENTIALLY do NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FANTASY AND REALITY.

So, pryed-eyed-one... Only parts of our brains... certain contexts..... ESSENTIALLY........do not tell the difference, Oh YEAH key repects.... I forgot that part.
edit on 24-1-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

thanks been playing any EV games sense i was 14, 47 now just seen to much blood and guts in real life, but if offered a job to fly a drone you bet. ten years younger , i would sign up for the MEC. oh snap your not to know of it

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by BO XIAN

Great post so articulate and you have eluded to the bigger picture in your follow up. The problem is that Pandora's box is open and the masses are already mesmerized and will refuse to understand and only defend there personal position. I fear the hour has become too late.

THX THX TONS for your kind words.

Well put.

It's not just that Pandora's box has been opened . . . it's been . . . expanded and dismantled with glorifying dramas and exaltations.

[color=6699FF]If someone had said to me 45 years ago that the media and games would be as saturated as they have become, with blood-lust death, mayhem, horror and evil, I'd have thought they were telling some sick crazed joke.

I wouldn't have been thinking.

We SHOULD have known 45 years ago. Some did have an inkling. And certainly the planners knew.

We could have known that the era seeing Israel become a nation again in a day would be the same era seeing the satanic world government saturated with evil from hell and led by hell's king to be worshiped as God. We could have extrapolated to the arts what that would look like. But we didn't.

We have on this thread folks calling evil good and good evil. And they don't see it, at all. Perhaps they CANNOT see it. And THAT is frightful, INDEED.

And the folks who bugger and sacrifice toddler boys to gain entry to the upper ranks of the global leaders think it's grand and glory in the blood lust, gore, death and mayhem . . . and they thrill that they've infected and saturated a once tolerably, somewhat sane culture with death and destruction.

And the gamers with the adrenaline rush moments and the dopamine highs fiercely defend their thrills as wonderful. They don't realize that with every iteration their nerve pathways become more habituated with the memes, themes, values of death, gore, horror and destruction.

[color=6699FF]That's NOT subjective!

That's
TANGIBLE,
HARD NEUROLOGICAL
NEUROCHEMICAL & ELECTRICAL SCIENCE

. . . but the contention is . . .

[color=CC9966]Ahhhh but it's HARMLESS FUN! Maybe next time, I can splatter his brains from one edge of the screen to the other and dripping down the wall in a thrilling bloody pattern . . . a kind of brain splatter wallpaper. Yeah. Maybe with a little extra tweak of the controller at just the right time, I can get that effect. Then get a screen capture and have a great new screen saver/wall paper image for my computer. What a kick.'

AND THE BAND PLAYS ON

Its amazing to watch ole scratch take this world isn't it?

Yeah. In a grossly sad way.

Tolkien captured it well.

Too well for my tastes. Maybe a psychologist sees too much pain and suffering in normal life. There's NO joy in even reading or seeing fiction about more of it.

Thankfully, THE KING IS COMING.

HAIL THE RETURN OF THE KING.

LONG LIVE THE ETERNAL KING.

However, those who delight in wallowing in gore, horror, blood, mayhem, pain, suffering and death

[color=669966]
WILL UNDOUBTEDLY get to wallow in their preferences for a very long time

edit on 24/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags
edit on 24/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

er no it is this gen's mind, they have not been told what is fake, or real, make believe, or not right , nor do some know right from wrong . is this the Parents fault or is it society's?

Could it be the child's fault for is there a new evolution coming in to play where the next gen is not to know violence, there brains can not decipher the real from the non real.

Could a part of us the game master's, handed down a gene to the next gen that they see it all as a game, they out of no fault of their own can not comprehend the real from the non real?
Fantasy from the factual , real, and non fantasy, when one has no comprehension that it is real, but to them it is a fantasy.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryed -eyed-one

I wonder if you've ever read the scifi

ENDER'S GAME?

If so, now imagine . . . that the game controllers . . . are horrifically as evil as it possible to be.

That's roughly the status now . . . and worsening.

Only a game?

[color=6699FF]There are NOT a LOT of choices.

With every choice and action . . .

We either contribute toward life, lasting life

or

[color=CC9966]toward death, lasting death.

If you want to focus on life at the 'game' level,

[color=6699FF]
THAT'S THE ONLY GAME there is.

[color=CC9966]And most folks are losing faster and faster.
edit on 24/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: fix tags

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

come on , you did not know the war? nam, the war shows rat patrol the sifi shows on TV that all they did was kill or spill blood or prevent their own from being spilled? back then it was just entertainment now you have "how to" shows that teach how to kill and not get arrested how to become a mass killer, with a basement full of chem's. Bet you think i thinking of CSI ?? Not.... the show "real crimes" and others like it 48 hours, 20/20, and 60 min. Now they are for real and do show real life cases to where a young mind could get the idea killing is fun and the know how as how not to be busted, arrested.

No i do not blame the gaming nor do i blame the child TV or motion pic industry,.I blame the Parents, the schools and the Gov for not doing what is need to be done... sit and and teach some basic laws of man kind.

edit on 24-1-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Now, now... you have been told, your brain can't tell the difference.

Hmmmmm

I don't know IF you

1. didn't read my post or
2. didn't comprehend my post or
3. are deliberately ignoring my words and meaning or
4. are deliberately twisting and manipulating my post into your meaning or
5. ???

A) I was very careful to note that

PARTS of our brains in KEY RESPECTS and certain CONTEXTS etc.

ESSENTIALLY do NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FANTASY AND REALITY.

THAT Distinguishing, DISCRIMINATING occurs in a different PART of the brain.

B) Otherwise, reaction times in danger situations would be too hazardously slow.

Or perhaps you haven't played enough computer games to realize that

microsecond reaction time differences can make all the difference in the world between life or

[color=CC9966]death.

However, feel free . . . post away. When the other side demonstrates abject lack of understanding of my points, it's a bonus game point in my behalf.

edit on 24/1/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I can understand that.

Wellllllll, the AGENDA 21 controllers are always eager for cannon fodder and assistants.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by BO XIAN

come on , you did not know the war? nam, . . . Not.... the show "real crimes" and others like it 48 hours, 20/20, and 60 min. Now they are for real and do show real life cases to where a young mind could get the idea killing is fun and the know how as how not to be busted, arrested.

No i do not blame the gaming nor do i blame the child TV or motion pic industry,.I blame the Parents, the schools and the Gov for not doing what is need to be done... sit and and teach some basic laws of man kind.

EXCELLENT POINTS.

Yes, the parents are responsible. ATTACHMENT DISORDER is epidemic and a huge cause of the focus on deadly games.

What 4 to 8 year old son would RATHER play a game alone than have time with a flesh and blood loving focused-on-him DADDY?

And a ton of the anger is about that absence or that abuse or that coldness . . . from a shoddy father or shoddy fathering.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Or perhaps you haven't played enough computer games to realize that microsecond reaction time differences can make all the difference in the world between life or death.

No I probably haven't played 'enough' of them. I like 'real' life better.
It sounds like you have played them though.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
You state that this is "emphatic", which would lead me to think that I should be a violent person no? I should have tendencies towards violence? . . . .

These are all subjective....

Let me try again . . .

1. The "emphatic" I was talking about was the brain physiology, brain imaging facts that have been discovered. There is NO DOUBT that the DIFFERENCES are TANGIBLY OBJECTIVELY REAL. Emphatically so.

2. The IMPLICATIONS of those EMPHATIC FACTS are a whole 'nother topic.

3. The impacts and implications vary with degree, each individual's physiology and conditioning; with the CONTEXT; with the values; etc. etc. etc.

4. YES, IF you HAVE BEEN playing extensive amounts of games which are extremely violent etc, THEN YOUR BRAIN WILL HAVE CHANGED TOWARD greater desensitization regarding violence; greater propensity toward violence as a solution to problems etc. etc. etc.

5. WHETHER OR NOT THAT degree of difference IN YOUR case would potentially MORE LIKELY erupt into dramatic acted out physical violence is a whole 'NOTHER issue--an extremely complex one involving a LOT of factors.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

Or perhaps you haven't played enough computer games to realize that microsecond reaction time differences can make all the difference in the world between life or death.

No I probably haven't played 'enough' of them. I like 'real' life better.
It sounds like you have played them though.

CONGRATS! Good on you!

Actually, I do recall maybe a few minutes or less playing such at some arcade or someone's house. I forget. I was quickly . . . aghast and 'left the playing field.'

However, I played sufficiently many seconds that I can certainly understand the addictive quality to gaming.

However, my writing insights are typically a reflection of my understanding and empathy . . . something the BOSS has brought about within me. PTL for Him and that.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I was very careful to note that

Yes you were.
I went back and edited my post so you don't have a fit.
We know how violent you gamers can get.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

THX THX TONS for your kind words.

Well put.

It's not just that Pandora's box has been opened . . . it's been . . . expanded and dismantled with glorifying dramas and exaltations.

[color=6699FF]If someone had said to me 45 years ago that the media and games would be as saturated as they have become, with blood-lust death, mayhem, horror and evil, I'd have thought they were telling some sick crazed joke.

I wouldn't have been thinking.

We SHOULD have known 45 years ago. Some did have an inkling. And certainly the planners knew.

We knew what the consequences would be, we did not think it would actually happen though.

We have on this thread folks calling evil good and good evil. And they don't see it, at all. Perhaps they CANNOT see it. And THAT is frightful, INDEED.

Remember scripture...its name is legion for it is many.

. . .
Thankfully, THE KING IS COMING.

HAIL THE RETURN OF THE KING.

LONG LIVE THE ETERNAL KING.

However, those who delight in wallowing in gore, horror, blood, mayhem, pain, suffering and death

[color=669966]
WILL UNDOUBTEDLY get to wallow in their preferences for a very long time

This is the way our lord planned it and we must react the way we are. We shall not accept a total lack of temperance, we will stand with the teachings of our lord Jesus Christ.

Good luck to you and yours, and may all mankind find the light.
edit on 24-1-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

reply to post by BO XIAN

I was very careful to note that

Yes you were.
I went back and edited my post so you don't have a fit.
We know how violent you gamers can get.

LOLOLOL

Thanks for your kind and clever reply.

Actually, I don't throw many fits at 66.

I can still get quite upset over abuse of children or defenseless animals or spouses, however. I've routinely warned my students that if I ever catch them abusing their children in Walmart, they can EXPECT me to make a big scene. LOL.

Used to be the most exciting game I bothered much with was Monopoly.

Now, I play Skipbo and Chinese Chess--the half game, with some frequency.

I used to think that games were an avoidance of relationships--which, often, they were and are. However, I learned that they can also facilitate relationships . . . IF . . . one will use them accordingly.

I don't blather about violent games because I need to prove a point, to be right or whatever such. I'm getting tooooo old for those games.

I blather about violent games because I've seen too much violence in too many relationships with too many counseling clients and students. It quickly and deeply sickens me. I used to get outraged about it and can still get fairly upset. I just deal with it as productively as I can through writing etc.

Anger is best walked away from if one is not going to do something active about the source of the anger. Sometimes, it's fitting to kill--e.g. the mass murderer before he kills more.

Most of the time, in relationships, walking away and letting it drain off by a different focus is the more life-giving choice.

Thanks again for your kind reply.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

EXCELLENT POINTS yet again. Thx Thx.

Yes, Those who stand IN HIS NAME shall do great exploits valiantly.

Cowards are not accounted among the righteous.

Though it is only by HIS GRACE that any of us are more than cowards in games or more face-to-face, more "real" contexts.

Actually, my construction on THE BOSS and His ways is such that I could imagine

HE MAY WELL USE converted gamers' gaming experiences in some of the 'final battles.'

However, it is a seduction to think that in our own strength, we have learned or can do anything of any lasting, redemptive value whatsoever.

I wonder if any games teach THAT!?

Are there any games that teach THE FUTILITY of violence in the heart?

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join