It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North korea Nuke threat to USA.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Its safe to say that North Korea has no value and would hardly be missed, if nuked out of existence. Let's make it happen!

China is their benefactor this time around, the way I see it, every single action they make is posited from some Chinese office. Therefore the choices they make are not their own.

I see NK as a military experiment on behalf of China.

Almost like the State of Israel for the West.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Adaluncatif

I would not go so far to say that North Korea is so rational. They have the ability to right now...end their Countries Starvation, Energy Issues, Security Needs, Families with members in the South and a host of other problems by simply signing a Cease Fire to the Korean War and ending their Nuclear Program.

The North would then recieve Billions in aid from the South and the U.S. Such ties would have almost instant economic bonuses and the North could be well on it's way to becoming prosperous like the South...but..NOOOOOOOO.

You have one Tin Plated self declaed Living GOD of a Dictator who would rather see the whole North starve to death or be destroyed by the U.S. than relinquish any power or even have his people no longer believe he is GOD himself.

Split Infinity

Totally wrong. The North Koreans are starving because the United States wants them to. The US wants these people to revolt by instituting crippling sanctions. The North Korean leadership would have to give up the sovereignty of the country in exchange for food aid. Recent history shows that once they give up their weapons of mass destruction programs they are dead. Muammar Khaddafi voluntarily gave up his programs for better relations with the West. He was rewarded with the overthrow of his government, his capture alive, and his execution with a laughing Hillary Clinton. Saddam Hussein endured 12 years of no-fly zones, crippling sanctions, and United Nations weapons inspections (spies) which he complied with. Knowing that he did not possess weapons of mass destruction the US rewarded him with the overthrow of his government, his capture alive, and his execution. The North Korean leadership is behaving in the only way possible. Any other course of action would result in their deaths. They are perfectly rational.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If the North Koreans were to launch an ICBM against the United States it would be destroyed instantly by technology we have to destroy satellites. It would literally be like a Tiger deciding to eat a rat, there is no possible way that missile could escape our ability to detect it and destroy it. These missiles North Korea has cannot reach New York but they should be taken seriously in relation to Japan,and South Korea because North Korea in theory and in relation to the next 15 years or so?

Then they could pose a serious threat to those countries.

North Korean technology in relation to missile technology and nuclear weapons is pretty much where the United States was at the end of WW2. A nuclear exchange between North Korea and the United States, Japan or South Korea would be like a Shuttle Craft taking on the Starship Enterprise

Any thoughts?
edit on 24-1-2013 by Kashai because: added content

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I find it terribly disturbing that people are so quick to call for the use of Nuclear Weapons ..even if we DID take one ourselves. It makes sense with China or Russia because there are A LOT MORE where that first one came from and they'll be coming behind it before long ...so response with Nuclear Weapons isn't about revenge or being vindictive, it's about pure survival and destroy their ability to attack any futher as quickly and absolutely as it's still possible to do. THAT strategy has sense to it.

North Korea though?? If they manage to get a weapon onto a U.S. target, who believes they have another? If 2...why would they use that on US? Japan will be looking to stomp them like a roach and so will South Korea. They have FAR more immediate threats to their short term survival in a major modern war than the United States.

So why on Earth would we nuke THEM outside the rare exception of MAYBE one into their nuclear launch and development facilities for good measure (in case there are more no one knew about). I'd hope those would be small tactical if any were used at all. This isn't a vast nation....it's a bit over 180 miles at it's widest point (Just North of the DMZ) and most is much narrower than that. There are millions of starving VICTIMS in that nation...not combatants. Killing off their population would be the second crime after North Korea committed the first in starting a war to begin with.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
North Korea could easily detonate an EMP weapon over the USA in space that would do more damage to our country than 10 Nuclear bombs . They have the Bomb, they might be able to put it in orbit and detonate it when it passes over Kansas . The nuclear blast wouldn't kill anyone the radiation would not kill anyone but the damage to our infrastructure would kill 100,000,000 before it was over .
They are not to be taken lightly !

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter
North Korea could easily detonate an EMP weapon over the USA in space that would do more damage to our country than 10 Nuclear bombs . They have the Bomb, they might be able to put it in orbit and detonate it when it passes over Kansas . The nuclear blast wouldn't kill anyone the radiation would not kill anyone but the damage to our infrastructure would kill 100,000,000 before it was over .

The Military is hardened against the EMP. And actually most cars and trucks turned off at the time would be ok actually as well depending on warhead size and height. in the uppermost atmosphere it would only knock out about half or less of civilian vehicles. Also the reason why is that most cars are basically running its own EMP field when driving from the alternator. Now power plants,and stuff like that yeah those are toast.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
Its safe to say that North Korea has no value and would hardly be missed, if nuked out of existence. Let's make it happen!

China is their benefactor this time around, the way I see it, every single action they make is posited from some Chinese office. Therefore the choices they make are not their own.

I see NK as a military experiment on behalf of China.

Almost like the State of Israel for the West.

Right, they are trolling us. All of these countries are trolling the hell out of us. They are calling our bluffs. The cards are lying on the table and we all see them. Yet, we stand there with a poker face like it didn't happen.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by stuntmanbob
What if it isnt a drill?

North Korea could nuke LA nad NY. China can already hit America with their new gen ICB's. Imagine if Norh Korea just kicks off WW3 under the guise of a drill?

I am surprised people are not more concerned about America getting nuked. Its seems much more likely now than ever before.

Why would they say they are tageting the United States?

The more I read about America being the sworn enemy of North Korea and the Chinese, the more it seems that a generation have grown up believing that that they would grow up to fight and defeat the United States. The Chinese Military trains their soldier for a confrontation with America. Norht Korea trains their entire population.

Imagine if North Korea and China decide to strike first and take out LA and NY straight up. It would certainly put them on the front foot. And if they see the problems in the South China Sea having no solution then I dont see why they would not consider this option.

Very scary times.

Honestly, it would be scary if plausible, but the odds of North Korea getting a nuke to land on US soil are probably 1 in 3...but that's only if they fire 100 of them at once. If they slap together one nuke and send it doaring our way, a couple guys in a room yawn, look at their watch, hit a button, and vaporize it. Then we proceed to annihilate North Korea. Why would they attempt to nuke the US? Suicidal? They stand to gain nothing besides certain death amd the knowledge that they may have started WW3 (but they won't kbow, because they'll all be dead.)

China, if they were to participate in such lunacy, would find their population suddenly more in line with Dallas than India, Europe, and Russia combined, and have an economy big enough to feed maybe 1/3 of the few remaining souls left there.

Total nonsense for either nation to make such a move. And the only way it would be successful anyhow, is with cooperation from inside the US government.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I don't know where you heard that many cars would survive an EMP . Their wiring is not shielded and the voltage spikes would destroy the chips in the engine control sytems and the Gas pumps would not be working . The Simi Trucks are all computer controlled now and all of our infrastructure is . There would be no food , water , phones or anything electric . The Military might survive but your life would be in chaos and in danger .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonPeter

Based upon what??? The United States technologically is prepared to repel a full scale attack from Russia, in which case that would involved 1000's of such missiles.

How could NK possibly send one missile into US Territory and enough to result in a valid EMP event???

Any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
North Korea - the schizophrenic bastard child of the world. If this were China saying this I would be very worried...but North Korea?

They talk a lot - but even if they actually did try & target us we would wipe them off the face of the planet within a year.

Scorched earth baby...

If I were in charge I'd immediately mobilize spec ops & long range bombers to tac strike all known nuclear capabilities in NK. If they don't want to play nice & are stupid enough to telegraph their move then we should take away their toys.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hmmm

So the edited version of Red Dawn WAS more accurate...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If they even wind up for that pitch, I'd wish for a half dozen nukes to land in North Korea and solve their hunger crisis.

If I had nuke fever, and was foreign to the USA, and stuck in a country closed off to the rest of the world, I'd probably aim for the rich Americans first, just to get them out of the way. So there's a big chance it's going to be a Walton, Buffett, or Gates residence. Nobody says these targets have to make any sense. Hit them where the money is, not the industry.

Considering range, it's going to be the western half of the country. Hawaii seems like a safe target to nuke. The foreign idea of what makes USA, it's Hollywood, Texas, and New York, so those are targets. The Great Lakes seems like another place to ruin.

Military places would be a target for an enemy that has a lot of experience with global battles, but not a country with a one hit wonder approach to weapons.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
26 fukushimas built on watersupplies and faultlines and you folks are worried about North Korea?

not counting the other 80 some odd outdated three mile island type timebombs

edit on 24-1-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hhensley84

I wonder what part of the U.S would be hit first if they are successful???

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
do you think this....... www.voanews.com... has anything to do with why north korea decided to begin firing nuclear rockets at the U.S. ??

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Wanna increase chances for world peace?Send EMP pulse to Nk and Iran.The effects of these terrorist states demise would have a profound effect in both their hostile regions.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Is this why US has troops all over the world?
so when they Blow up US.
they can still nuc them (subs) and send troops.

how many EMP nucs would you need to set of in space
to stop ALL satalights. nuc launch pads!
and how do you stop the nuc subs?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
They are going to detonate a hydrogen bomb underground with a yield of 100 megatons. This will disrupt fault lines causing magnitude 8 earthquakes in Japan destroying Tokyo, Osaka, and Kobe. I have foreseen it.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I don't think this is worth a new thread (because it happens so often unfortunately):

North Korea threatens war with South over U.N. sanctions | Reuters

"If the puppet group of traitors takes a direct part in the U.N. 'sanctions,' the DPRK will take strong physical counter-measures against it," the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said, referring to the South.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join