It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North korea Nuke threat to USA.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Dear North Korea,

If you're reading this and actually do intend to launch a nuclear attack on the United States, could you please aim for the bible belt? Anywhere in the south would be great, but if you could get rid of Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Florida, Mississippi, or Georgia (I think you get the point), a lot of us would be very appreciative. Anywhere in Texas other than Austin would be a good start, too. You likely won't have that many shots before being turned to ash, so you should make sure the ones you do have count.

Also, could you do something about our congress when you have a chance?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If this is really true then the United Nations must act now and finish them of !
And china and Russia need to help doing that !
But to be honest i think they wil never do it or say this ,becouse its suicide !
Its like with Iran and Israel
Why would Iran try to make a Nuke to Bomb Israel?
Suicide that would be and belief me they are not that stuppid

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have been reading this all over the place. I don't know the leader in North Korea is a bad one, and people have been saying for months now that they will try something now this. I mean would they really try it? Also couldn't they create an EMP that would wipe out the power grid with one of their Nukes? Just saying that if they did that, it might make things easier for them. Of course we all would pay for it big time. But with Obama trying to take away our guns, and all of the threats of war, it makes me wonder if maybe Obama wants this to happen. Or maybe North Korea hates Obama. I don't know either way things are getting heated up over that way. With China and Japan, and now North Korea starting its BS makes me wonder if world war 3 is about ready to start.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
Dear North Korea,

If you're reading this and actually do intend to launch a nuclear attack on the United States, could you please aim for the bible belt? Anywhere in the south would be great, but if you could get rid of Louisiana, Kentucky, Kansas, Florida, Mississippi, or Georgia (I think you get the point), a lot of us would be very appreciative. Anywhere in Texas other than Austin would be a good start, too. You likely won't have that many shots before being turned to ash, so you should make sure the ones you do have count.

Also, could you do something about our congress when you have a chance?

Thanks!

I wonder if you appreciate HOW deeply hateful that is to those of us who live in the bible belt. This isn't the way to get a unified nation. It's a damned good way to make those divisions deeper and harder .....and that benefits absolutely no one but those who thrive on hate.

@ Thread Topic

I can't believe the DPRK would actually do this outside of ONE condition ..and that's just unthinkable. At least I want to say to myself it is. This would make sense only as part of a larger coordinated move against the United States by multiple nations. Let the crazy kid (North Korea) start the fight and take the first hits from forces the U.s. has ready for that.....when the ready available response forces are expended or committed....it would make for one of the nastiest surprises in human history to find a few OTHER nations were a part of it and moving hard and fast on a now lessened U.S. defense system caught in the process of reloading.

I sure hope those in power here consider at least the CHANCE that not everything is precisely as it appears to be ...and the double dealing and very effectively hidden alliances of past eras CAN repeat. We only have institutions like the CIA to insure it doesn't ....anyone comfy with their track record? I'm not.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This is like play ground drama crap just sitting there minding your own business and some guy walks up and smacks your sandwich into the sand. Says he hates you and your gonna fight after school, you ask what I do ?!?! looks you dead in the eyes and says..... "EXACTLY !!!! "and walks away.

Da Frick ! what the hell wrong with you North Korea, what did we do to you.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
The North Koreans are not saying they are going to lob Nuclear missiles at the United States. They are only confirming that they will soon posses the capability.
On the conspiracy side of things, you could argue that the military industrial complex of the United States is actually helping North Korea to attain this capability. Why? President Obama plans on removing all of the US nuclear capabilities and the MIC is set to lose out on some very lucrative contracts.

Article on Obama's Nuclear Free Vision

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
As I recall being born in the 50's, times of 'Cold War' are most prosperous. Putin's of course pushing for prosperity and is somewhat insulated from western economic influences ......somewhat. Our Cold War with the Soviet block started around the 60's, that is, in earnest. At the start the economy stunk, but one or two administrations into it, there became a time of prosperity, though based on the war machine and aerospace. Japan was just creeping into US markets with Honda, Toyota and Datsun. Along with electronics, mostly audio stuff.

NK has found their saber rattling and rhetoric to be somewhat effective in obtaining aid in the past. And with no new mindsets or trade with the outside world, I think their just using tried and true methods. There is much movement in SK in military circles, and think tank activity going on as of late. One point though, unifying the North and South would be like opening the border of Mexico and the United states, economic suicide.

Sorry to dance around the 'NK' thing, but there are relationships and influences, not only China. We know where China stands, and with the beginnings of recovery in Russia....... more influence.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by jrmcleod

You had better hope the U.S. Economy never collapses as not only is the U.S. Economy the worlds largest but it interconnected with the World Economy to a point that as the U.S. Economy goes...so does the rest of the World.

A war with China is Highly Unlikely and China has structured it's entire Economy around making goods destined for U.S. Markets. None of these goods is a necessity. China also has given large loans to cover U.S. Debt. This was a miscalculation by the Chinese Communist Leadership as if a war was to break out it puts China in the bad position of no longer having the Worlds largest Market to ship Multiple Billions worth of Goods as well as having the U.S. stop all loan payments.

China's economy cannot survive such action...the U.S. Economy could. But this is a moot point as China would never be so suicidal as to start a war with the U.S.

Also...there are a lot more ROCKS in that damp treeless environment that is Scottland...LOL!

Two favorite Scottish pastimes...eating a stuffed stomach...and making free standing rock walls. LOL!

You can't walk 2 feet in a field...which will be sloped at a steep angle and saturated with water...without tripping on a ROCK!

Split Infinity

Damp treeless environment? Lol...is that why we have an ancoent forest thats as old as 10,000 years? Or is that the treeless environment that is part of the great siberianscandinavian forest?

Regrads the rest...

I am well aware that the US economy failing would wreak havoc on all other currencies but until it does come tumbling down...it can never be fixed. All the while, tptb keep hold of humanity, change its laws to benefit them and line each and everyone of us up ready to be shot...

The Chinese are not as silly as you think they are. No dis-respect but if a member of ATS can see their failings by sitting at a computer searching the net (you), then i'm sure the chinese also saw the potential failings and have organised accordinly, propbably through methods you cannot see or find on the net!

NK probably wont nuke the US but lets get something straight here...even with the Japanese only days away from surrendering, the US still nuked them...twice. What goes around comes around...i just hope there is someone in a seat of power in the US who can decide to try and fix this mess...since, afterall you lot did give up your best chance at the last election. And no i dont mean Mitt Romney!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I think you Americans are underestimating your military.

The J-SDF had the missile technology to shoot down the 'Satellite' launch a while back, but chose not to. With all those secret spy satellites, subs, drones and ICBMs you have, i doubt a North Korean nuke would get too close.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Happy1

The LAST thing China want's is a WAR with the U.S.

What is the very first thing the U.S. would do at the start of such a war?

Answer...it would stop payments on all loans given to it from China and stop all shipments of Chinese Goods headed to the U.S.

Such a war would collapse the Chinese Economy in a WEEK!

Split Infinity

and it would collapse the value of the dollar in an hour

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Those Scottish Forests you speak of must be the size of postage stamps as I didn't see anything so grand as you state. Besides...the size of Scotland is smaller in area than many U.S. Parks. LOL!

Actually I had a good time there and I did notice that the whiskey seemed to have a much greater kick to it than the stuff in the U.S. LOL!

Still...the U.S. is much too massive and complex a system to fail and the U.S. has been through many worse challenges over the years and come out ahead. The U.S. debt is massive but when your talking about an economy that is 16 Trillion plus a year...even a short period of Strong Economic Growth can quickly...if the money is designated to reduce the debt...put a big dent in the debt.

The U.S. has nothing to worry about as far as China is concerned as China has a very big vested interest in the sucess of the U.S. Economy. China is neither an issue to the U.S. from a Military perspective as China is multiple decades behind the U.S. as well as has no ability to project their forces.

As far as Nuclear...this is the most unlikely issue of all as far as China is concerned as to attempt such a war would be suicide for China. North Korea is only a threat to the region as they have very little in the way of a viable small Nuclear Payload that could be placed atop a missile and their missile tech. is absolutely garbage.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well before they get here I hope everyone gives their guns up for cash for guns programs. We wouldn't want to be rude hosts when they show up now do we...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Just like his dear old dad, lil Kim is probably just a tad bit cuckoo.

And now a tribute

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Reacting with force to force does not negate, only the polar opposite does...Is our world capable of such a feat

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
When it was Hussein or anyone else allegedly with WMDs, the US has a fit. If there's a country that says "Yup, we got 'em and are ready to use 'em.", they play a waiting game.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Divine Strake because: I like Cup o Noodles!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlatinumShatinum
The North Koreans are not saying they are going to lob Nuclear missiles at the United States. They are only confirming that they will soon posses the capability.
On the conspiracy side of things, you could argue that the military industrial complex of the United States is actually helping North Korea to attain this capability. Why? President Obama plans on removing all of the US nuclear capabilities and the MIC is set to lose out on some very lucrative contracts.

Article on Obama's Nuclear Free Vision

^^ This.

N.Korea is NOT saying ANYTHING about launching ANY TYPE of NUCLEAR MISSILES at U.S.

Only the U.S. media is HYPING an underground nuclear test into a 'missile launch aimed at U.S' . . . Its a slow 'media' day & they have nothing to do.

Will everyone calm the eff down! One of the most secretive regimes on earth is all of the sudden going to come out & announce to the whole world their intentions in advance??? Really??

"It is our understanding that if the leadership gives consent, the North can detonate a nuclear devise whenever it wants to," a ministry spokesman said.

Unofficial sources hinted that there have been signs that the North is getting ready to test another nuclear weapon at the isolated site in the northeastern part of the country.

Yonhap News

This 3rd Nuclear test has been in the works for awhile now. Now that N.Korea is ready, the U.S. media is doing their job by HYPING it up and fearmongering & everyone is gobbling it up

“Substantial preparations for the test have been completed," a military official has said in Seoul on Tuesday, Russia’s ITAR-TASS news agency reports. “Only a political decision is needed.”

RT.com April 24th 2012

N.Korea is saying all of this rhetoric in order to keep 'Foreigners' from interferring. Sort of like saying: "Or else.."
Once again the U.S. is spinning & fearmongering for the masses. . .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
When it was Hussein or anyone else allegedly with WMDs, the US has a fit. If there's a country that says "Yup, we got 'em and are ready to use 'em.", they play a waiting game.

edit on 24-1-2013 by Divine Strake because: I like Cup o Noodles!

Well, if NK had a abundant resource of oil or gold it would already be GAME-SET-MATCH

NK now would just be a waste of money to take down, USA is always looking to see what they can get out of a military intervention... Iraq and Libya, two recent ones and we know what both those countries are rich with,..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ban nuclear weapons! =D sorry guys had to do it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I served 4 years in the US Navy and 4 in the US Army, and I've only been in one "Combat Situation", and that was with North Korea. In the summer of 2006, we were off the coast of Korea when they decided to test those dummy rockets.

One flew directly over my ship, and plunged us into a full CBR nightmare. Everyone on the outside skin of the ship was locked out, and not allowed to come in until they were fully decontaminated. 36 hours of terror, not knowing if there was something in that rocket that was slowly killing you.

I think about it EVERY SINGLE DAY. North Korea is our next war. I am as sure as I am terrified.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

Hell...they are already here as China has invested heavily in U.S. based corps. As far as China invading the U.S...well that is fantasy as China does not have such capability and will not for decades to come.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join