It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North korea Nuke threat to USA.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i searched a few forums didnt see it was posted, if it was then please disregard and forward me to the thread. thanks.

North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and further long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States. The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

www.cnn.com...

North Korea says it plans rocket and nuclear tests directly targeting the United States.

NPR
edit on 23-1-2013 by drsfinest72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
CNN

enough said....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Bias aside, this is a real story, with real threats and real consequences. Kim made good on his threat to launch a satellite (as wonky as it may be), I wouldn't toy around with this guy. He feels like he has a lot to prove, and people like that are just plain dangerous.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
What if it isnt a drill?

North Korea could nuke LA nad NY. China can already hit America with their new gen ICB's. Imagine if Norh Korea just kicks off WW3 under the guise of a drill?

I am surprised people are not more concerned about America getting nuked. Its seems much more likely now than ever before.

Why would they say they are tageting the United States?

The more I read about America being the sworn enemy of North Korea and the Chinese, the more it seems that a generation have grown up believing that that they would grow up to fight and defeat the United States. The Chinese Military trains their soldier for a confrontation with America. Norht Korea trains their entire population.

Imagine if North Korea and China decide to strike first and take out LA and NY straight up. It would certainly put them on the front foot. And if they see the problems in the South China Sea having no solution then I dont see why they would not consider this option.

Very scary times.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just read this while I was havin' a smoke, I choked on my cigarette....

From BBC News

"We do not hide that the various satellites and long-range rockets we will continue to launch, as well as the high-level nuclear test we will proceed with, are aimed at our arch-enemy the United States," KCNA quoted it as saying. "Settling accounts with the US needs to be done with force, not with words," it added.

Well that is just plain scary. Can't we take out that country already? Send all the troops that are in Iraq, Iran, Afganistan, where ever else and send ALL of them to NK.

/Side Note. Twitter is going Bat $#!t crazy right now about this....
edit on 23-1-2013 by Aquarius2150 because: sidenote

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
There may not be a way to win anymore. 911 may have already divided our nation beyond repair over the resulting loss of civil rights vs. safety, regardless of true intention. Since that tragedy, however, we can be certain there are far more battles won behind the scenes and out of view against the terrorists and other “enemies” of the United States than we will ever know about. The extension of that thought is to take a moment every once in a while to pay homage to unseen, unknown, and forever unheralded heroes who have therefore given the ultimate sacrifice for us knowing their actions will never be publicly disclosed and honored. This is in addition to the thousands of service men and women and law enforcement individuals who may not even believe in the reason they are where they are, yet they still give their lives.

So now someone in power such as N. Korea’s Kim is blatant enough to declare that he deems my family and I unworthy of living. Why? For reasons we and the VAST majority of those he is “targeting” will never understand, know, or agree with. Whatever his dislike for our country, I am comfortable believing I had nothing to do with it. In fact, if he would peer over his hate-colored glasses and actually take the time to meet almost any of us, he might be surprised to find we may even agree with him. At least, as already mentioned, he would likely find we don’t support the factions of our country or government that has created whatever the perceived problem is.

In war, how many people are responsible for starting it? All it takes is one. If there are a dozen, that’s not enough. In a nation of 300 million, do I really have to point out what a miniscule percentage of our population wants to be killed or see other innocent people killed just because a few dozen (or as few as one or two) leaders can't get along?

Maybe I haven’t made sense, but the bottom line is this. I haven’t done anything to anyone in N. Korea, nor has anyone there done anything to my family and I…yet. Why can’t it stay that way?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stuntmanbob

China would never consider or attempt this as to do so would be suicide for China and North Korea. The North is a crazy pain in the ass for China and the North acts so nuts that one can never be sure if they are serious or posturing.

One thing for certain is the Norths Nuclear and ICBM tech is a joke. China has the tech but when compared to the U.S. Nuclear Capabilities as well as U.S. Missile Defense....China is very outclassed.

China has been trying to get North Korea to shut up and stop pissing off the U.S. and South Korea but even China is having a hard time getting the North to knock it off. That fact alone tells us that North Korea is a problem.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

oh no. Now we're in some serious trouble.

Quick, somebody give in to their latest list of demands.
edit on 24-1-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

If they take out NY and CA - win/win? I'm just kidding. Maybe Algore could go over there and share half his sandwich with the rest of the people?

Seriously, I've always considered NK as China's launch pad - and there seems to be a war-a-brewing with Japan over those islands, and the US has to defend Japan.

And the US is BANKRUPT!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

LOL!

Their Fearless Leader wants a Blue Ray of the newest Jason vs. Freddy Movie. LOL!

That whacko North Korean Leader is a Slasher Movie fan and loves Friday the 13th Movies! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Maybe China will "spank" its bastard child, for saying naughty words?

I can say this. If North Korea, or ANY Country tests the Sovereignty of the United States on a nuclear scale, the Cuban Missile crisis will pale in comparison. Launching ANYTHING close to an ICBM near any Country, will spark War.

Even Obama would have to act.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The LAST thing China want's is a WAR with the U.S.

What is the very first thing the U.S. would do at the start of such a war?

Answer...it would stop payments on all loans given to it from China and stop all shipments of Chinese Goods headed to the U.S.

Such a war would collapse the Chinese Economy in a WEEK!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah...launching an ICBM even in the general direction of U.S. Territory would start a war. The U.S. would have to go to war as the U.S. could not allow any country to continue to exist that has Nukes and not only is threatening the U.S. as North Korea is now...but let's say North Korea were to launch even an unsucessful ICBM that had a Nuclear Payload...and this missile fell short of target that was say...Hawaii.

And even if the ICBM didn't have a Nuclear Payload but let's say a conventional one...that alone would force the U.S. Military to strike at the North with overwhealming conventional force. If the Nuke detonated at sea short of target...the U.S. would use Nuclear Bunker Busters just to make certain all North Korean Nuclear Sites were destroyed.

If the North actually hit anyone of any nation with a Nuke...the U.S. would Nuke the North's Capitol.

Unlike all other countries that know that to attack the U.S. directly with Nukes would spell the end of the attacking country and thus no one attacks...the North's Leadership would actually do this in the event the Leadership was about to loose control and power over the country.

These idiots would have no problem allowing the deaths of Millions of their own people just to retain power. And if anyone disputes this...they have done it before by letting Millions starve to death rather than sign a treaty.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

You need to take a good hard look at the idiots running this country. The first sentence of your last paragraph says plenty about our own situation presently.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The U.S. Leadership and Corps. want only one thing...Profits. How do Politicians and Corps. make large profits...larger than even the profits that are generated by a War?

People working and buying things!

None of these groups has an interest in the deaths of Millions of U.S. Citizens. What they want is for these Millions to be buying their products and the politicians want the Tax Money.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by stuntmanbob
What if it isnt a drill?

North Korea could nuke LA nad NY. China can already hit America with their new gen ICB's. Imagine if Norh Korea just kicks off WW3 under the guise of a drill?

I am surprised people are not more concerned about America getting nuked. Its seems much more likely now than ever before.

Why would they say they are tageting the United States?

The more I read about America being the sworn enemy of North Korea and the Chinese, the more it seems that a generation have grown up believing that that they would grow up to fight and defeat the United States. The Chinese Military trains their soldier for a confrontation with America. Norht Korea trains their entire population.

Imagine if North Korea and China decide to strike first and take out LA and NY straight up. It would certainly put them on the front foot. And if they see the problems in the South China Sea having no solution then I dont see why they would not consider this option.

Very scary times.

It makes no sense for North Korea or China to attack LA or NY. This would be suicide. Their only chance would be to somehow disable all early warning systems, and then destroy every nuclear weapon in the United States arsenal including submarine launched missiles before they could be launched. This seems impossible to me. You have to realize the North Korean and Chinese military and leaders are just as rational as ours. Have you ever noticed that all our enemies are crazy? Well they are not in actuality.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

I would not go so far to say that North Korea is so rational. They have the ability to right now...end their Countries Starvation, Energy Issues, Security Needs, Families with members in the South and a host of other problems by simply signing a Cease Fire to the Korean War and ending their Nuclear Program.

The North would then recieve Billions in aid from the South and the U.S. Such ties would have almost instant economic bonuses and the North could be well on it's way to becoming prosperous like the South...but..NOOOOOOOO.

You have one Tin Plated self declaed Living GOD of a Dictator who would rather see the whole North starve to death or be destroyed by the U.S. than relinquish any power or even have his people no longer believe he is GOD himself.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Happy1

The LAST thing China want's is a WAR with the U.S.

What is the very first thing the U.S. would do at the start of such a war?

Answer...it would stop payments on all loans given to it from China and stop all shipments of Chinese Goods headed to the U.S.

Such a war would collapse the Chinese Economy in a WEEK!

Split Infinity

Such a war would collapse the American Economy in a DAY...

You seem to be awfully sure of yourself and your country...what rock have you been hiding under because i'd like a shot of hiding under it...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

You had better hope the U.S. Economy never collapses as not only is the U.S. Economy the worlds largest but it interconnected with the World Economy to a point that as the U.S. Economy goes...so does the rest of the World.

A war with China is Highly Unlikely and China has structured it's entire Economy around making goods destined for U.S. Markets. None of these goods is a necessity. China also has given large loans to cover U.S. Debt. This was a miscalculation by the Chinese Communist Leadership as if a war was to break out it puts China in the bad position of no longer having the Worlds largest Market to ship Multiple Billions worth of Goods as well as having the U.S. stop all loan payments.

China's economy cannot survive such action...the U.S. Economy could. But this is a moot point as China would never be so suicidal as to start a war with the U.S.

Also...there are a lot more ROCKS in that damp treeless environment that is Scottland...LOL!

Two favorite Scottish pastimes...eating a stuffed stomach...and making free standing rock walls. LOL!

You can't walk 2 feet in a field...which will be sloped at a steep angle and saturated with water...without tripping on a ROCK!

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stuntmanbob

Because it's American media targeting American people... creating hype making money.

If they "threatened" India the Western World wouldnt really care, especially most Americans, so CNN sells less advertisement on its website and on tv.

and I'm not a military analyst or anything, but i feel America need not worry about ICBM's, the threat is either civilian or government terrorism from inside the country.
edit on 24-1-2013 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join