learn more

North Korea planning "high-level" nuclear test

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm tired of war.

No matter how much some people would like to test our latest gizmo's and muscles on these north korean madmen, I'd rather see North Korea flex its flabby muscles a few times and let the issue fade over time. It's not worth the hassle to preserve ego. On hte other hand, if north korea follows through with any of its threats then it's something that we have to respond to. Although the issue will always be suspect if we forced them to. I mean, if we declared war on them economically, they'll respond. Of course, they might deserve it. Hitler's germany was hit with several sanctions because of their military craziness. I guess what I'm saying is that I question our responses to them if they're hostile while at the same time I think North Korea is a military insanity waiting to burst out.

I wish their myopia could be cured without war.

North Korea needs to learn how to retaliate without turning to violence.
edit on 24-1-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

The major problem with the North is that since it's people know no other way of life and since the North's leadership is just crazy enough to commit suicide if that leadership in any way feels it is either loosing grip on power or feels that the country is on the brink of collapse....they are crazy enough to start a war just to get back control of the country and people.

Now at one time the U.S. and South Korea had the problem of a massive Artillary Strike that could destroy the Souths Capitol...the artillary is still there but unless the North were to strike first...which is very possible...USAF Staelth B-2 Bombers could fly in undetected and destroy this long line of artillary. After the B-2's...B-1B's flying low level would follow then eventually B-52H's.

As I stated on the other topic...the U.S. would definitely use Non-Nuclear EMP's that would render all North Korean Tanks and mechanised vehicles innert. F/A-22's would be tasked with destroying all North's Missile Sites and Nuclear Facilities as each F/A-22 has 2 internal Bomb Bays.

If the North were to attack first which would cause massive destruction by artillary of the South...the U.S. and South Korean Military response would be beyond violent. This would be necessary as North Korean Troops veiw their leader as a Living God and the U.S. would be forced to kill VERY LARGE NUMBERS of North Koreans.

China would protest but if the North attacked first there is very little China could say or do. If the U.S. and South attacked first...and this would only happen after the North had already started limited battles or if North Korea was so stupid as to say to the World...we will launch a Nuclear Missile at the United States.

THAT...would without a doubt cause the U.S. Military to strike first and if the North were by some unlikely chance to launch a Nuke that hit the South...it is a very low probability that the North could hit U.S. territory or even be able to penetrate U.S. Missile Defense...but if it hit the South with a Nuke...the U.S. would absolutely...100% Nuke the North Capitol.

This scenario would cause the U.S. Military to take off the gloves as the U.S. Military has an entire different way of fighting a Conventional War as apposed to a Nuclear one. In this event...Highly Exotic U.S. Military Weapon Systems would be brought to bear against the North and the U.S. would be using the North as an EXAMPLE so that no other country would ever dare to THINK about doing something like this again.

The sad part is all the dead brainwashed average North Koreans. Still nothing could be done as they would fight for their Living GOD of a Leader to the end.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
They will try, get shot down by one of our anti missiles or our allies, and get turned into a parking lot essentially. I am not pro war, nor against it; I believe that if someone wants to box with us, that we should put our gloves on and fight back.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Sabre rattling from that reclusive nation yet again.

I see this playing out like so many other times. They will posture about a nuke test etc etc, and at the 11th hour will turn around and say, hey, give us aid and we will abandon our plans to test a nuke that we assembled using masking tape.

They know full well any provocative nuke test will see them crushed economically, military and politically.

The only nation you have to worry about when they say they are going to nuke something is the Russians because everyone knows Ivan is crazy as

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Brilliant.

Wish I had more time to add a reply but you just said it in a nut shell.

Nice one.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well said 100% agree.

If the North is smart (and it's not) they will back down. Doesn't the USA have predator drones for THIS reason?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Thank You for the kind words.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

The U.S. Military is under a directive to make a major percentage of their forces ROBOTIC by the end of the decade. This is a major reason...this and cost...that the F/A-22 will not be made in great numbers as a Robotic Aircraft can be faster more stealthy and easily flown by a pilot from home base.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

God... so much money and human effort spent on killing each other...........*gets more wine*

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius2150

Yeah...it would be nice to use that money on some new bridges.

Still...as long as people are crazy...we need to do it.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Knowing N. Korea's history with making threats, who is surprised really.

Still, we shouldn't take such a threat lightly.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
You know, this might sound crazy, but I'm starting to kind of miss old Kim Jong-Il.

This Kim Jong-Un is a young man, a hereditary totalitarian leader of millions, feeling the need to be taken seriously amongst his peers and those who have served his father and perhaps even his grandfather. He wants to be feared and revered.

The world is a murky place at the moment, so much hate and war. So many people unhappy with their governments too.

We're in for an explosive time people!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus
You know, this might sound crazy, but I'm starting to kind of miss old Kim Jong-Il.

This Kim Jong-Un is a young man, a hereditary totalitarian leader of millions, feeling the need to be taken seriously amongst his peers and those who have served his father and perhaps even his grandfather. He wants to be feared and revered.

The world is a murky place at the moment, so much hate and war. So many people unhappy with their governments too.

We're in for an explosive time people!

He has a western style of thinking, he's been around. It's his old-line Generals and their PR teams causing this.

They are the ones that maintain 'Dear leaders' image and perception of after all

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Okay....

Is it possible or imminent?

Possible means it could happen.
Imminent means it will happen.

possible, certainly. imminent?

possibly.

btw cool avatar - great album

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

He has a western style of thinking, he's been around. It's his old-line Generals and their PR teams causing this.

They are the ones that maintain 'Dear leaders' image and perception of after all

That's right!

I was thinking sort of like a "Syndicate" style group of shadowy men or like Cigarette Smoking Man. (X-Files)

There's one that rules with an iron fist, but there are many hands working that iron into a fist.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Okay....

Is it possible or imminent?

Possible means it could happen.
Imminent means it will happen.

Agreed.

The official story title is (now) "North Korea planning "high-level" nuclear test".

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
North Korea’s missile capabilities

The U.N. Security Council voted unanimously to adopt a resolution condemning a North Korean rocket launch as violating a ban on missile activity. But experts say Pyongyang is years away from developing reliable missiles that could bombard the American mainland. A look at North Korea’s missile arsenal

But nothing is said about the US's missile program, its ok for the bullys of the west to have weapons of mass destruction ( for their safey of course) but not for anyone else.
FFs I just wish for peace but we aint ever going to get it with the fktards in power.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

TOTAL MADNESS!

Seoul, South Korea (CNN) -- North Korea said Thursday that it plans to carry out a new nuclear test and further long-range rocket launches, all of which it said are a part of a new phase of confrontation with the United States.

The North's National Defense Commission said the moves would feed into an "upcoming all-out action" that would target the United States, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people."

TONS AND TONS MORE GOING ON!

WTF? IS IT ALMOST GO TIME FOR WW3?!?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

Just thank your stars that the U.S. has had such a Nuclear Force over so many decades. It alone is responsible for preventing a Nuclear World War III.

Russian Leader Boris Yeltsin made public the very real process in work...Soviet Invasion Plans that started with the Invasion of Afghanistan....where the Soviets would then invade the Middle East and then after securing the oil as well as building a Warm Weather Ship Building Yard...the Soviets were to invade Europe.

These were not some contingency plans...this was a plan in progress and if not for the fact that the Soviiets came to the hard fact that U.S. Military Forces and especially Nuclear Forces were too accurate...too numerous and too hard to destroy...most of Europe would be speaking Russian right now.

The U.S. has used Nukes in one war and to end that war that would have gone on for years and a U.S. invasion of Japan would have cost Millions of lives. Other than WWII...the U.S. has been resposible with Nuclear Weapons and such weapons have kept the overall peace for close to 70 years.

North Korea is a very unstable country that even China has just about had it with. There is a possibility that the Leaders of the North would do just about anyhting to keep power and control of that Country and should they feel that they are loosing power and control...I do not think that they would have an issue sacrificing Millions of their own people in a WAR that would allow them an even tighter grip on power. They have starved Millions before to death...they would do it again in a second in any other way to keep power.

Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
What I'm asking myself right now is, what does "High Level" actually mean?
Does it mean a test on the surface?
Does it mean a test high up in the atmosphere?
Does it mean a test with more yield, so with a much more potent bomb?
Or does "High Level" just mean on a higher technology level?

I think we will see in some time, but it concerns me a little.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join