It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea plans new nuclear test, threatens to target US

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So they really aren't weather satellites after all.......why doesn't anyone listen?

North Korea plans new nuclear test, threatens to target US

North Korean state media has said that Pyongyang plans to carry out a third nuclear test and more long-range rocket launches, which it says will be targeted at the United States. "We are not disguising the fact that the various satellites and long-range rockets that we will fire and the high-level nuclear test we will carry out are targeted at the United States," Reuters reported, quoting the statement by the country's top military body, released by KCNA.

rt.com...
edit on 23-1-2013 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

source please ?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Really need more info on this, this article is one of the briefest I've ever seen.

Sorry for the bad grammar.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Sorry, I put in the op.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
found it on RT.com

N Korea Nuke Test

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Heres a link to the story. rt.com... That fat little boy has got big kahunas.

www.reuters.com...
edit on 18/01/11 by aarys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This could be the article in the OP:

Article

Phrasing can be a tricky thing (this article is from a Vietnamese site apparently) and im wondering if they meant it in terms as a show in power to the United States.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Thank you, that article expands on the one from RT.

That little nutcase needs to be shown a lesson.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Watch out US of A there comes another threat from the east..?

What benefits does this threats add for the citizens of NK?? Kahoots

Peace
edit on 23-1-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I found rt to be just as sensational about topics as fox news can get and things can get seriously distorted. Though its not surprising North Korea is flexing its muscle in front of the US again, especially with the war and unpopular presidents recently making the world less sympathetic to the US, makes em extra cocky.
edit on 23-1-2013 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2013 by topherman420 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Here is another article about this from CBS news. I have got to say...this is very disturbing.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Here's another source.

www.nknews.org...

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

these people again aggggr i would say the typical American thing which is fire some rockets at them then have them explode over the targets high enough to not injure anyone as a warning. Seriously sick and tired of North Korea's games of we are poor help us we want peace then the next minute lets threaten the usa with a million dollar bottle rocket that explodes 5 miles away from where it launched

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Meh, they're only bluffing...as usual.

They've come out and and said this because the UN are discussing more sanctions on them, China have even agreed to them and they're NK's biggest allies.

They'll shut up once the food from China and USA stops being shipped in.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

From your article:

In a statement carried Thursday by state media, the National Defense Commission in Pyongyang threatened to wage a "full-fledged confrontation" against the U.S. for what it calls continued hostility.

The declaration follows the U.N. Security Council's condemnation of North Korea on Tuesday and expanded sanctions against the regime for launching a rocket in December. North Korea said the launch was a peaceful satellite mission, but the U.S. and others say it was actually a test of long-range missile technology.

I guess RT wasn't sensationalizing. Everytime I hear crap from NK my tin foil hat mind goes to "Killshot".

Maybe WWIII isn't the worst that could happen.

Wonder what our King, I mean President will do about this? Ignore it?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

From your article:

In a swift rejection of the U.N. warnings, North Korea today said that it will take “physical counteraction” to bolster its “nuclear deterrence both qualitatively and quantitatively.”

The defiant statement from North Korea’s Foreign Ministry came just hours after the United Nations Security Council unanimously adopted a resolution condemning rocket launch as a violation of an existing ban against nuclear and missile activity.

UN Security Council Resolution 2087 imposes sanctions on North Korea’s space agency, targets the illicit smuggling of sensitive items and updates a list of nuclear and ballistic missile technology prohibited for transfer in or out of the country. It also reiterates that a peaceful, diplomatic and political resolution to relevant issues should be sought, and advocates the resumption of the Six-Party talks.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I hope we do actually shut off all food and aid, maybe the people will finally revolt against this little Hitler.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This made front page CNN Breaking news.... But now its suddenly been removed.....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I noticed CNN has a habit of doing that.

Now you see it now you don't.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

It's there for me still...

edition.cnn.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join