It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War or Revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
For the record I do not own a gun, nor have I ever. However I 100% believe the constitution should not be infringed upon and in no way should any firearms be banned. I think this puts me in a unique position. I do not hunt or even care about guns, but I care about other peoples rights to own a gun.

That being said lets say the worst case comes to pass and SHTF.

1. What would that war/revolution look like?
2. Would we fight? Where would we fight?
3. What would happen to the country? To our cities? To our currency?
4. Could we win against our government?
5. Would we get help from other governments like we did in the american revolution?
6. Do we have legal recourse to show a corrupt government or is war the only option?
7. What quesions am I not thinking about?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Having read the ops questions there are some answers based off of other cases, using them as examples.

1) What would the war/revolution look like? Messy, as with any sort of civil war, it would end up splitting the country in 2, splitting families apart. There would be mass chaos as those who were intent on fighting would be intermingled with the main population, which would be trying to get out of the line of fire.

Some areas there would be an exodus to get out of, causing problems for both sides, along with shortages in some inventories, including medications.

2) It would be fought in the cities and rural areas, as each side would seek taticle advantages over the other, along with standard military tactics.

3) The country would be embroiled and split in to different sectors, and the cities for a bit would be pure chaos. The currency would dip down, though it would require some propping up. Those who started the violence would try to use currency from either what is on hand, or what it could get its hands on.

5) No, as the rules are very clear cut, in any civil war, the most you can expect is observers to ensure that Prisoners are taken care of. There will be suspicion and distrust among the warring sides, both trying to convience the world that they are right in their views.

6) There is always an option that is on the table. Too many people tend to jump the gun and go for the more violent extremes or advocate such. But with any recourse, it takes time and planning, as it is not something that can be done overnight, but if done, say through the rules that are set up, and then change the rules from inside, then that is going forward.

4) I answer this last. The answer to that question is yes and no, and here is the thoughts on such. Of all of the weapons that is out there, public opinion is the one that weighs the most in any conflict. If you can get the population to support you, then it wins the war. And the side that throws the first punch, often is the one that loses the battle even before it starts.

7) Yes, there is a question the first is, if every one who advocates violence states that they uphold the priniciples of the Constitution of the US and the Declaration of Independence, then why have they not actually come up with a Declaration to outline their grievences and claims against the federal government that can not be disputed or even explained away? We here such from time to time, but nothing that would explain their actions to not only the rest of the world, but the very people that they claim that they are trying to save. Then there is the one important question and that is what happens after the fighting is done? After all it is going to be a big mess, having some sort of plans to let people know how they are going to clean it up is as much important as the actual reason for starting the fighting in the first place.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mrperplexed

civil war is against each other, revolution is against the government ^^

lets clear that up now

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

lets clear that up now

Yes, and that is why I asked civil war or revolution. Would the gun lovers fight the ones wanting to ban certain firearms, or would we in a unified manner go after the government as a corrupt entity enfringing on constitutional rights?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

excellent, excellent work here.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Many revolutions often fail and are replaced with governments that are worse than the one before.
I also don't advocate firing on american citizens so you must stand your ground basically. Draw a line in the sand if you will.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

lets clear that up now

Then Syria would be considered a "revolution" then?

Just looking at comparisons.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Both in Syria and Egypt or libya there are outside influences stirring the pot. I don't know if you could call it either. Though there are elements of both. Same as I would imagine happening here.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

lets clear that up now

Yeah, sort of.

It's either gonna be revolution or rebellion.

Revolution is an attempt to establish a completely new system by first destroying the old.

Rebellion is an attempt to reboot an existing system or roll it back to an earlier state.

Rebel forces in the United States would probably be able to gather some outside support, but you won't like who the supporters might be...

Russia
Iran
North Korea
Venezuela
Cuba

All the bogeymen you've been trained/taught/indoctrinated to hate/fear. And of course, such support would come with a price - probably a steep one.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It would be a Rebellion to Restore the Republic which would eventually descend into a Civil War.
Nothing new under the sun.

The only difference this time is the nature of the conflict, technologically advanced and complex which opens up unseen portals into darker potentials.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

Funny, I don't fear those countries, well maybe nk just because they have been abandoned for so long.

He they don't even know what 21 century is.

My point is id join a rebellion/revolution, but not a civil war. I don't want to kill my neighbor, I want to kill those making stupid policy trying to destroy our sovereignty and send us deeper into slavery than we already are.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

well it would if we(usa) wernt suppling the money and bombs heh.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Well the pro gun banning guys would be throwing rocks and lose fast if it was a civil war. But I dont think that is what will happen. I also dont think there will be a revolution/rebellion either. With 51% of the country still blinded and believing things are ok and choosing to continue the same disastrous path, and a good percentage just not participating at all...unfortunately it will be a minority willing to actually fight. The states will push back and somewhat control most fed decisions on their own and this will take care of most things we fear. They are just putting up a show right now acting like they are trying to do some big changes, knowing all along they will not pull 75% of these off, but they can say they tried....not much will come of this right now

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It could look something like this. Nobody died in this battle against government tyranny. It happened in a small county, but word of it spread across America and resulted in other towns across America threatening their own justice if things didn't change. Government took notice even at the federal level. Eleanor Roosevelt applauded it.

The Battle of Athens (sometimes called the McMinn County War) was a rebellion led by citizens in Athens and Etowah, Tennessee, United States, against the local government in August 1946. The citizens, including some World War II veterans, accused the local officials of political corruption and voter intimidation. The event is sometimes cited by firearms ownership advocates as an example of the value of the Second Amendment in combating tyranny.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Revolutions and uprisings are never assisted by outside entities,unless the outside entity benefits from that assistance,more often than not in an exploitive way,which is not immediately obvious to the weak ones who fight those in power.

Same old #,different day.

Nothing changes,it just goes through the same old cycle,people die and forget,and it repeats itself in a similar way after nobody is around to remind the young not to do the same old thing once again.

Same old "Cycle of Stupidity" as has been in going on since the beginning of that which we can no longer remember.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Did anyone just see Kerry`s speach on being Sec. of State? Was I hearing things, he was talking about the New World Order, The U.S. being the Global leader, what is up here, and then right after that They march out the people to try and push the gun control measures through. Could they be any clearer in their intent. If you haven`t watched the speach watch it and you will see what I am talking about. I don`t know about all of you but I did not sign up for this, and our freedoms mean everything to me. It is time to look deeply into what is happening here and question everything. This is not my idea of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.

top topics

join