It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun control in America - get real.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
OK
In England, they lost their guns. Crime went way up.
In Australia they gave up a lot of guns and had severe restrictions on the rest, Violent crime rate rose a MINIMUM of 20% in all categories.

In America: What happened?
Women and others could not vote. Now everyone, even the dead, vote & some more than once.
Prohibition was enacted. We now have more alcoholics then a country needs.
Drugs? Are they not in every home in America? Even Doctors got in the game.
Cigarettes? Still around but losing ground. Just got replaced by something else.
Stop gangs? Please!
Terrorists? The FBI supplied them all.

I just heard somewhere:
The Colorado shooter - Democrat.
The Conn. shooter - Democrat.
The Columbine shooters - their parents were Democrats.
The Fort Hood shooter - Democrat
Do Not Outlaw Democrats!
Then everyone would want to be one.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

Short... sweet...and to the point!!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They can't even regulate their own prescription drugs. Let alone illegal drugs.Believing they could regulate guns is naive and cynical

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

"If democrates are outlawed only Democrates will have Democrates"

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
All this winging about your precious guns "being taken away" reminds me of this.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

spoons are the real problem. do you know how many people spoons made obese? oh man.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
All this winging about your precious guns "being taken away" reminds me of this.

Why is it that every time the topic of gun control comes up some guy or girl from another country comes in and condescendingly comes in and mocks everyone that is pro guns?

You got what you wanted in your country, what do you care what we are fighting for in America? The whole reason we chose to secede from The Great Britain was because your royal ilk wouldn't let us be, and here you are trying it again!

Some fools will never learn.....

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wondermost

Oh right, so its ok for America stick its nose in the rest of the worlds business, but god forbid anyone else doing the same. Cry me a river.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Listen guy, you are referring to the very government that we are holding at bay from infringing on our God given rights, so your post holds absolutely no water.

I agree with Ron Pauls stance and wish he would have won the election. Go have a look at his foreign policy.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Star and a flag . I usually steer clear of a lot these threads cuz all the fussing and squabbling is starting to get me down . But I think it's high time somebody pointed this out .

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor G
OK
In England, they lost their guns. Crime went way up.

I'm from England, crime went up due to poverty due to lack of work, even random violent crime is related to this. It was nothing to do with guns being outlawed. Our society, far from being perfect, is a lot safer without guns, it's undeniable. There are isolated incidents of gun use, that's all.

Edit to add: I don't agree with guns in society but I also know it's too late to disarm America's people, guns are ingrained into everyday life over there which is why it seems normal to people. I suppose when it comes down to it it's not my business anyhow. I'm just glad we don't generally have guns over here.
edit on 24-1-2013 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2013 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Thank you Doctor G Sheckey

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

If that video was intended to point out how prescription drugs are ruining kids these days, I'd say good find!! How guns are bad.....not so much.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
The only problem I have with it is: A. In the U.S. gun crime is the highest where gun laws are the strictest. B. A gun ban would do nothing about the guns already there. As soon as you can "magic" the guns out of existence, and all knowledge of how to make them as well, then I'll be all for it. Until then, I'll keep my guns.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

edit on 25-1-2013 by PerfectAnomoly because: Posted in wrong thread!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is odd to me how everyone on here is concerned with the welfare of others when it concerns guns. More people die of starvation per day, something like 25,000. Can we not feed the citizens of the world? Or are firearms in the hands of law abiding citizens more important than the children starving everyday on this planet? I just don't understand some peoples priorities I suppose. Where is the outrage? Why are people more concerned with guns but not starvation?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
2006 gun homicides 10,225. NICS background checks 10,036,824
2011 gun homicides 8,583. NICS background checks 16,454,951
16.1% decrease in homicides with a 64% increase in firearms.

Fact 323 Homicides with a rifle in 2011 of those 33 were ruled justifiable (FBI UCR). So a rifle, "assault or other" was involved in just 2.28% of all homicides. So what is the real reason for this push?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

A foot in the door towards more draconian bans?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
"In England, they lost their guns. Crime went way up."

Source? Because in reality, no, it didn't by any reckoning of the concept.

www.unodc.org...

I'm happy to live in gun-free UK where 5x less people per 100,000 are murdered compared to our barbaric and socially backward cousins, the United States.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice

This is not funny... this is addiction worse than any drug, and worst of all financed, advertised, and supported by the us government destroying our youth and making the future just a little more bleak.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join