It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity exist on other planets?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IsidoreOfSeville

What is God's image?

You think it's human?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I'm no theologian, all I know is we are created in His image. My personal opinion is that even though we're made in His image, what comes to my mind is something like when you look at yourself in a dirty mirror in a dimly lit room.

That's my humble opinion of how our image reflects His.

With that said, no other creature on earth (possibly the universe?) are made in His image! That says something, dontcha think?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

How do you know no other creature shares gods image?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville
Not everything Christianity believes/practices is in the Bible. For example, where does it mention the trinity?

"Father, Son and Holy Spirit".

Yes, all Christians know it. But where in the Bible does it directly say that God is a trinity? You got a chapter and verse?

Well,no. The term trinity is a Latin theological term used to identify the relationship the Father, Son and Holy Spirit share as one God. The theological term doesn't exist in the text, but that doesn't mean the concept it describes doesn't exist.

edit on 25-1-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

What is God's image?

You think it's human?

We are made of 3 parts making 1 being. Soul, spirit, and body.

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Maybe Jesus went to another plantet taking their image.

Also, If ducks commit rape(and they do horribly rape) is that a sin for ducks? Does the knowing of right or wrong vs instinct make it a different thing in regards to sin?

Is that what we were before the apple, instinctual animals?
edit on 26-1-2013 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-1-2013 by stonebutterfly because: Because I can't spell and eat tacos at the same time

posted on Jan, 26 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
If you have to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior, wouldn't you have had to heard about him first? How would you have been able to hear if you are on another planet and he's never been there, or even if you're another species on this one?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   

If you have to accept jesus christ as your lord and savior, wouldn't you have had to heard about him first? How would you have been able to hear if you are on another planet and he's never been there, or even if you're another species on this one?

Christ is this moment of presence and when you accept it, it will save you.
Humans live in time - they have all 'their' past and all their 'future' to worry about - this is the suffering that humans have to carry.
When you come to this moment and say 'I am' instead of continually saying 'i was' or 'i will be' you will be saved.
How many times does the mind say 'I will be ok'? If only it could realize that 'I am ok'. When the mind says 'i will be ok' it implies that i am not ok now. Never ok now is the human condition because it has never looked to find out if it is ok now - it waits till the future to be ok. The future is never going to be safe because it does not exist in reality.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

What is God's image?

You think it's human?

Gods image is what is appearing presently as light - it is the light of consciousness (Christ the son/sun of God).

The light that is seen is separated by humans into the senses - seeing, hearing, touch, taste, smell and thought. Anything that appears is the light of consciousness.
What sees the light of consciousness is awareness.

You are not the image that is appearing - you are what sees and knows the image that is appearing.
The image cannot appear independently.
Prior to the image you are.

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

You are not the image that is appearing - you are what sees and knows the image that is appearing.

Didn't Yoda say that?

posted on Jan, 27 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Didn't Yoda say that?

No I did.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Precisely!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

We talking on Earth? Or are we talking about life that mankind has yet to discover?

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

"And the last shall be first, and the first, last."...

This world is probably the one lost sheep, making some among them like the elder brother in the parable of the Prodigal Son, who the father pleads with to recognize the sonship of his returning brother.

Therefore, when the sons of God are revealed here, sure, they would understand and would join in the celebration.

Plus, the love of God embodied in the Great Work of Jesus Christ, that was a full spectrum spiritual experience, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that spiritual shock waves emanated from that moment from here, to everywhere via non-localized conscious awareness.

Maybe too they are "the other flock".

I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

~ John 10:16

edit on 28-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

What is God's image?

You think it's human?

We are like a reflection of the Godhead (as our moon is to the sun - see solar eclipse), and God has revealed that we are made in his image, by this sign, and to the degree that he was able to experience his own creation in the form and likeness of a man, and reconcile everything back to himself (placed under his feet).

Think of man as perched atop a mountain of cosmic evolution next to the eternal Godhead, and then we will understand the teachings of Jesus, namely how "the kingdom of heaven is at hand".

We are consciousness, made by consciousness for consciousness to have a consciously aware experience imbued with freedom, and that's God "godding" so yeah, in God's image, yes. From that perspective it's in accordance with something called a "tangled hierarchy" (see the works of Esher).

They too (other sentients) are made in his image, but in terms of the human phylos, being last or the most recent, we may very well be the first (at the right hand of the eternal Godhead) in so far as we live in a non-local, holographic universe occurring through a process of cosmic evolution ie: the latest and greatest new and improved.

What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

~ Psalm 8:4

Our only problem is our failure to recognize our own nature in terms of precisely who and what we REALLY are as children of a loving and creative Godhead.

In this sense Jesus, the mere presence of that spirit in human form occuring in human history, makes a bold statement about our true nature and potentiality ie: as a model of authentic leadership.

edit on 28-1-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I believe this is where "invincible ignorance"comes in. My simple understanding of it is, if through no fault of your own, you've never heard of the Gospel and you live the best you know how by what you're taught (such as these people) then you may be admitted into Heaven come judgement.

So, I don't see why that wouldn't apply to lives on other planets.

edit on 2/1/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: added link

edit on 2/1/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2013 by IsidoreOfSeville because: linky no workie

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Whoa... that's deep....

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

God's probably pretty busy inspecting the deck of all the planets and doing awesome stuff on them and such.

I don't think we're alone in the universe. God probably has his boys on tons of planets considering he made the universe for his boys to enjoy. Other planets could be a part of heaven who knows how the heaven-planet-star dynamic is set up.

Boys r00l gurlz dr00l

posted on Dec, 8 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

smithjustinb
Has Jesus incarnated everywhere there is a planet with life on it, or just Earth?

Better question: Has Jesus incarnated to save other species of animal, or just humans?

Moreover: Are humans the only species in the universe of trillions of trillions of star systems that get to go to heaven? If not, are they the only ones that require Jesus? Or does every species in the universe require jesus? Has Jesus ever been a cockroach? Or would the cockroach have to recognize the human jesus as their lord and savior in order to get to heaven?

I expect some outrageously ridiculous replies.

Ready. Set. Justify your beliefs.

edit on 23-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: Punctuation error.

Assuming there is somebody here who sincerely wants to know the answers to these questions, here we go:

Jesus did not need to go to any other planet in human form. Satan and his angels were cast to this planet only, so sin is unique to this planet's inhabitants. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, they would have enjoyed joyful, perfect communion with Jesus and God, the Holy Spirit, and the angels. They did enjoy such, up until they sinned and were kicked out of the Garden of Eden. Inhabitants on other planets do not have Satan there to entice them into sinning, though they still have the same freewill we do.

Going to Heaven is not quite like the majority make it out to be. When Jesus returns, the righteous dead and the righteous living will meet Him in the air and will go to the current Heaven for the 1,000 years. At the end of that 1,000 years is when the wicked dead will be resurrected to be shown the error of their ways, then die in the second death. God will bring the city of Heaven down to this planet, making Earth His new headquarters, so to speak. Those who were either one of the righteous dead or the righteous living, will live forever in perfect health and happiness, carrying on the original plan from the original creation, the way God had intended.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join