It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Christianity exist on other planets?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

You make up crap to justify your beliefs.
Not a particularly helpful comment.

You don't seem to be satisfied with the answers you've received. The question you posed in your headline has been answered, yet you push on. Tell me, what are you looking for? Do you want a fight? Do you have some technical question that hasn't been touched on? Are you trying to embarrass Christians? What is the purpose of all this?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Not a particularly helpful comment.

You don't seem to be satisfied with the answers you've received. The question you posed in your headline has been answered, yet you push on. Tell me, what are you looking for? Do you want a fight? Do you have some technical question that hasn't been touched on? Are you trying to embarrass Christians? What is the purpose of all this?

I'm looking for people that make up illogical bullcrap to justify their beliefs. I am satisfied with a logical opinion as an answer to any of the questions. So far, not everyone has attempted an opinion and also, some opinions have not been logical. Also, I asked several questions, and not all of them have been addressed.

Every thread where the replies can only be opinions is going to turn into a fight. I just went ahead and got straight to the point.

I am only trying to show people who make crap up to justify their beliefs that they are making crap up to justify their beliefs.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has Jesus incarnated everywhere there is a planet with life on it, or just Earth?

I'm going to take a shot at 'no'. Seeing as Jesus stayed in the Middle East and didn't venture anywhere else on THIS planet, it is only my opinion that he didn't go planet hopping.

See people. This is all I wanted. A logical opinion. It took two pages to finally get one. Thanks jiggerj.

You're very welcome. Have to admit I was worried there for a moment. Having reread my statement I can see how it might come across as sarcastic. That was not my intention at all, and I'm grateful you didn't read it that way.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Has Jesus incarnated everywhere there is a planet with life on it, or just Earth?

Better question: Has Jesus incarnated to save other species of animal, or just humans?

Moreover: Are humans the only species in the universe of trillions of trillions of star systems that get to go to heaven? If not, are they the only ones that require Jesus? Or does every species in the universe require jesus? Has Jesus ever been a cockroach? Or would the cockroach have to recognize the human jesus as their lord and savior in order to get to heaven?

I expect some outrageously ridiculous replies.

Ready. Set. Justify your beliefs.

edit on 23-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: Punctuation error.

I believe that God is the Lord and Creator of everything. With that said, I believe that if there are aliens out there, they too would fall under His domain, as they would be His creations as well.

As for your comment about cockroaches; while darn near impervious (while physically indestructible capable of surviving a nuclear blast) they are animals and therefore have mortal souls; whereas humans have immortal souls.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Where in the Bible or any other book has their ever been a reference to a "mortal" soul? I highly doubt that this concept exists outside of your own imagination.

Moreover, what makes you think humans are not animals and what makes you think animals are inferior to humans? Is it because they don't use technology as well? I wonder if dogs think that since you don't bark to communicate that you must be inferior.
edit on 24-1-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Where in the Bible or any other book has their ever been a reference to a "mortal" soul? I highly doubt that this concept exists outside of your own imagination.

For on the first day He created the heavens which are above and the earth and the waters and all the spirits which serve before him -the angels of the presence, and the angels of sanctification, and the angels [of the spirit of fire and the angels] of the spirit of the winds, and the angels of the spirit of the clouds, and of darkness, and of snow and of hail and of hoar frost, and the angels of the voices and of the thunder and of the lightning, and the angels of the spirits of cold and of heat, and of winter and of spring and of autumn and of summer

and of all the spirits of his creatures which are in the heavens and on the earth,

(He created) the abysses and the darkness, eventide , and the light, dawn and day, which He hath prepared in the knowledge of his heart.

www.pseudepigrapha.com...

All creatures, including humans, have "spirits" or souls. They must be immortal, because they were created before their flesh bodies were!

edit on 24-1-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That's what I'm saying.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Better question: Has Jesus incarnated to save other species of animal, or just humans?

Moreover: Are humans the only species in the universe of trillions of trillions of star systems that get to go to heaven? If not, are they the only ones that require Jesus? Or does every species in the universe require jesus? Has Jesus ever been a cockroach? Or would the cockroach have to recognize the human jesus as their lord and savior in order to get to heaven?
smithjustinb

Why would you think there was another duplicate to this occurrance you are riding upon, in so saying another Jesus architype, matching this galaxy perfectly. Implausable. Humans exist nowhere else than here upon this thing sphereical. The reason everyone fights over this domaine is in the fact it exists and is unique and will never in the history of Creation Repeat Itself.
edit on 25-1-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

no not anymore.. those planets have been destroyed. Mars provides evidence of it..yanno the face pyramid that can be seen... this planet is next. Such a shame that egostistical bigots desire power and worship

all the egotistical power trippers wreck it for everyone. So sad.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

All i did was ask questions.

Questions with no reference to Christianity. Before you ask a question, it´s always useful to demonstarte a basic concept of the thema, that you are asking questions. Sofar you presented absolute zero. Hence my remark.

How is it ridiculous to ask questions?

It´s never ridiculous to ask questions. But when you ask questions make sure you have a basic understanding of Christianity, before you ask questions to Christians. Once you done that, then you certainly will not ask questions like :

Has Jesus ever been a cockroach?
or questions like :

Or would the cockroach have to recognize the human jesus as their lord and savior in order to get to heaven?

Unless of course you like to mock or you are a 5 years old child. I am assuming you are not a child.

I understand Christianity very well.

No you do not. Because if you did, then you already, would have the answers to your questions :

And :

As for you other question :

Are humans the only species in the universe of trillions of trillions of star systems that get to go to heaven?

What that question has to do with Christianity ? . We do not even know if there is a sentient life out there.

If not, are they the only ones that require Jesus?

That question would be irrelevant , see above why.

You're the one who has failed to answer my questions and supplemented a legitimate reply with an insult.

I havent insulted you. I have simply stated what you have presented sofar. If you founded my reply as insulting then that´s a problem with the nature of your OP.

Peace

edit on 25-1-2013 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by NOTurTypical

Is every species on earth required to accept jesus christ as their lord and savior in order to qualify for passageinto heaven , or just humans? Or do other species of animal not get to go? I'm really interested in your opinion.

Animals do not sin, so they have nothing to keep them from the presence of God like humans do. It's our sin that separates us from God.

Show me scientific proof of animals who are 'self aware' and I will show you conscience .. and with self awareness and conscience comes the POSSIBILITY of being aware of doing wrong. Chimps and dolphins are the only animals that we know of that have 'self awareness'. Chimps, dolphins, elephants and dogs have all been observed 'mourning' death. With these emotions comes the possibility of guilt and knowing when they have 'done wrong.

Is murder a sin? Is rape a sin? Is theft a sin? Is adultery a sin?

Yes.

BTW .. you said you were 'really interested in the opinon of NOturTypical .. but then when he gave it you ridiculed him. I'm thinking your statement of 'really being interested' was pretty disingenuous.
edit on 1/25/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Where in the Bible or any other book has their ever been a reference to a "mortal" soul?

Strictly speaking - soul means 'life principle'
The body is mortal. The soul is immortal. Meaning .. it will continue on after physical death.
That is what is taught all through the bible.

Platonic philosophy, as well as the early Christian writers (such as Origen and Augustine)
all agree that the soul is immortal.

Of course, there are others who say that it is not immortal, but is instead 'mortal'.
Athiests for example.

what does the bible say about the immortal soul

Paul told the members of the congregation in Rome to "seek" immortality (Romans 2:5-7)

He taught Christians at Corinth that they must be changed and "put on" immortality (1 Corinthians 15:51-55)
... and that eternal life is a "gift" from God (Romans 6)

The most powerful words come from Jesus Himself: "And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day" .

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Seed76

Well if you understood Christianity, you would also be able to answer the questions. So do it. Unless of course, you don't understand. In which case, you have no authority to tell me I don't understand. So answer them. Go ahead.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Maybe Christianity does exist on other planets. We can't now for sure (at least not right now).

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No, it was definitely interesting.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Not everything Christianity believes/practices is in the Bible. For example, where does it mention the trinity?

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville
Not everything Christianity believes/practices is in the Bible. For example, where does it mention the trinity?

"Father, Son and Holy Spirit".

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Moreover, what makes you think humans are not animals and what makes you think animals are inferior to humans? Is it because they don't use technology as well? I wonder if dogs think that since you don't bark to communicate that you must be inferior.

See my earlier post regarding not everything in the Bible.

While we are collectively creations of God, animals were not made in God's own image.

Now, will there be animals in Heaven? No one knows, but is certainly possible that God can cause an animal to appear in Heaven.

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by IsidoreOfSeville

"Father, Son and Holy Spirit".

Yes, all Christians know it. But where in the Bible does it directly say that God is a trinity? You got a chapter and verse?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join