It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Currency!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
As our dollar becomes more inflated and does not go as far. As our national debt soars to the heavens. As our healthcare comes with red tape and conditions and the folks in DC continue to spend like there is no tomorrow. I have envisioned a new world and a new currency.

Check it out.

Yes ammo will become the new currency, like food and armaments. Or we can continue playing this game where the cards are stacked against us and there is never any end in sight.

Either way, this is where I see it going.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

How many rounds will it cost me to buy an Ipad ? LOL !

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Do you have a link to a larger version of that chart? Thanks!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
If that ends up being the case, then I'll still be poor! I own no guns. Unless a pellet gun counts. If it does, then I'll be the guy you get stuck behind in the check-out line who pays with nothing but change. I'm sure it will take like 500 pellets to equal one AR-15 round. haha

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Wouldn't this new currency just begin a whole new era of cartel bankers?
I mean, this currency would be much easier to deposit, and much more difficult to withdraw, than what we have now...
NO doctors required, when I go to the bank to make a withdrawal, at present!....

Anyway, hurry up with it, if you can, this will make me worth more than I am, now...!!!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I could see this being useful if the shtf, especially in a scenario where humanity ends up going through a life-changing event that would require survival. Though, I would see it as a problem for those who don't own guns.... Does this count in countries (or areas) that don't have an insane amount of guns, like Canada? (well atleast from what I've seen around here, there's barely any guns where I am located).

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

That depends. Lol

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

You dont need a fire arm to buy ammo.

I know times are tough, but sometimes you just gotta do what you can.
Cheers!

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidFire

I promise you, no matter where you live. Ammo is a great investment, the value of it only goes up. If you are in said situation, you may want to make some good friends and the ability to make good friends is priceless.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I really, really thought you were going to say "bottle caps". Fallout 3 for the win.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

I put some extra spaces in there.

Did you like that?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Think I'll pass on trading anything which can come back at me at 1200fps. Would hate to trade a box of .22s for some salt then have the owner of the .22s come and get my coffee! Think Ill hunt up some other barter items and keep all my ammo. If the world gets bad enough to trade ammo then you will need all you have to protect your family. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSBowie

Think I'll pass on trading anything which can come back at me at 1200fps. Would hate to trade a box of .22s for some salt then have the owner of the .22s come and get my coffee! Think Ill hunt up some other barter items and keep all my ammo. If the world gets bad enough to trade ammo then you will need all you have to protect your family. Just my opinion.

Some small arms ammunition rounds can exceed 4200 fps...!
And, depending on your stash, a few bricks of bullets for a good horse, or for a barrel of clean drinking water, when you need them and don't have access to them, would be a fair trade....
Of couse both barterers should be well armed, which would lend itself to extreme politeness!

posted on Jan, 25 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CSBowie

I would add that even though you may own a fire arm of a certain caliber or may not even have a weapon. That it would be wise to invest in ammo that is in other calibers and even anticipate what other caliber that you might have, need or want.

Its not foolish to invest in ammo. Its just plain smart.

top topics

join