It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Other people's dreams...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
So lately, for the last 6 to 8 weeks, I've been experiencing a very strange phenomenon...I think I have been having other people's dreams.

I don't recognize the people, the places and the events are certainly nothing I can relate to in my real life.

It's extremely disconcerting, to say the least. Whats more, what makes me feel inclined to believe they are indeed other peoples dreams, is that I seem to be having a slight variation on lucid dreaming in that I am outside of the action of the dream, observing it, and when I wake up and then get back to sleep, it's sort of progressed.

Is this possible? Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is this a thing that people do have or should I say...is it normal?

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

That's very interesting, but unfortunately I've not experienced that type of dream--or really had any notable dreams recently.

I like to try and "read" my dreams and see how they relate to my reality, but sometimes the connections can be vague or even completely absent. If I were to experience what you have described I would probably reach the same conclusions you did...but I wouldn't be satisfied.

I have to wonder what could be causing the "interference" if what you have put forth is true.

Have you recently started meditation practices? I could (maybe) believe that as one's subconscious becomes more sharp or "aware" there are surprising side effects; one possibly being that your growing subconscious inadvertently observed a random (or possibly known) persons dream.

If I were you I'd pay close attention, and try to become more lucid during these experiences. Good luck, I have a hard time with dream control--hopefully you'll do better!

new topics

join