It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis Found: Giant Sphinxes, Pyramids In Bermuda Triangle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Originally posted on Before it's News....

Hmm...

Something tells me this isn't as true as we'd all like to believe. IF something like this were discovered it would be all over the news.. maybe...? Maybe not actually.

EITHER WAY! If it sounds to good to be true..... it probably isn't.

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
It's R'yleh don't go there, you'll doom us all!

Sing him back to sleep
[

hahaha, thanks zonetripper, a star from me for making me amused

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkphoenix77

Tis what I do best good sir.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
" Certainly it is the ultimate horror for any man. When all he can do is watch, as his most beautiful and well loved of all theories. Is chased down beaten and raped, by a ruthless gang of fact's "

edit on 24-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wish for it to be true, but like others say the article is very skeptical and recycled. I do believe Atlantis is located somewhere in that region, I hope for the day we are technologically advanced enough to map all the ocean floors in great detail...maybe then we'll find Atlantis. It has to be in the Atlantic somewhere damn it !

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
So this is news from 2001-2004?? They find evidence of an ancient city on the ocean floor, with pyramids & sphinxes, yet there's not a single update within a decade? You would honestly think that a discovery of this importance would prompt massive attention; that people would begin to flock to the site to begin dives, photography/video, etc. Yet there hasn't been a peep?

Perhaps instead of spending 800 billion a year on the military, we should begin getting serious about things that actually serve a purpose to humanity.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I don't buy it. One, the picture looks fake. No indication that what they showed was actually underwater at all. No undersea plants, no rocks, no distortion, nothing? Plus, if structures like that were under water that clear, and were that unobstructed, they would have been seen a long time ago. Add in the fact that the location, off the coast of Cuba, isn't correct, and the entire thing falls apart.

Maybe I am wrong, but I smell a phony report here.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
God I love threads like these... Such a breath of fresh air from Sandy, 2nd Amendment, Obama, and the rest of the draining threads we've beat to death on here....

I always wonder how people (explorers) claim Atlantis whenever they find a sunken city??? I believe there are at least 200+ known sunken cities around the Mediterranean and that's just one region of the world, god only knows how many there are around the world from our past... I just don't understand why scientists/explorers just jump the gun with their claims... Maybe just say you found something and more effort and research is needed before making such incredible claims... I get that everyone wants to be the first, but there should be more thought before making the BIG announcement...

Anyways, I love anything that's Atlantis related, such a fun topic... I hope it's found one day, but I feel that incredible claims require incredible evidence and the stuff we've seen thus far doesn't prove anything..

And last... Say Atlantis is found one day, how do you REALLY know it's Atlantis? would you need to find writings of some ancient language or what? I would like to know how they would determine its Atlantis... How could they EVER know they're 100% sure?
edit on 24-1-2013 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
There are always some who will believe in a crystal pyramid beneath the sea because they WANT to believe Atlantis is true, in the sense of the power.

I'm sure there are sunken cities but not cities of fantasy. I'm sure some watch stargate Atlanatis and believe it is real too.

It's not true. Time will prove it.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
What is the undying fascination Americans have with "Atlantis". this could be some Egyptian city, but NO because its under the ocean it has to be "Atlantis". its not like thousands of years ago this place could have been above sea level and been Egyptian.
Give it up already!!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by havok
This same exact theory was talked about in 2001. HERE!
Then, ultra_pheonix wrote an ATS thread about it in 2002: HERE!
Giving me the impression that this idea has been floating around this site for around a decade.
With replies, responses, and the same skepticism.

And also the same people involved....

from 2001

This week I talked with both Paulina Zelitsky and Paul Weinzweig

From 2012

Now, two daring scientists, Paul Weinzweig and Pauline Zalitzki, claim they’ve found it

So just what have they done for 11 years about it?

How about save their money to confirm there first findings?

These aren't billionaire playboys with all the tech available

It could be Atlantis but if it's not, and we get more clearer images it'll certainly open the door to other people to say well if that can be under the water who is to say 'Atlantis' isn't.
edit on 24-1-2013 by Sparta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Sorry if someone said this, (I didn;t notice?)

But, the pic of the city layout, or whatever it may be?, must be in someones living room fish tank somewhere! That, in actuality would be a MASSIVE amount of land space, and I can not fathom how in bloody 'eck anyone could get that kind of light down there to light that up! Ever watch REALLY good equipment light up things on Titanic videos? Ya may get 20 or 30 feet if your on a good angle, then blackness again! On that scale, were looking at foot high pyramids!

So, if this 'Atlantis' is real, so much for the Giants of Ancient Past!

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Great post, this makes complete sense, seeming somewhat obvious.

A theory to explain the 'mysteries of the Triangle:

Think Chernobyl & Fukushima - both disasters with our current vanguard power production technology, having long lasting residual effects upon the local environment.

What if Atlantis had a power production technology that was very different to the Nuclear method? Maybe more advanced, or maybe their culture made different choices or opportunities that led them away from ever conceiving of Nuclear power.

What if this radically alternative technology had a Chernobyl / Fukushima style catastrophe? Could the the residual damage to the local environment be responsible for the mysteries of the Bermuda Triangle?

The work of fringe historians like Graham Hancock has speculated about alternative power production, with very exotic interpretations of the Giza pyramids 'true' use.

Whether or not the is plausible, doesn't it all fit like a jigsaw? Exotic power production utilising perhaps energies inherent in the environment - the earth, the ocean and the stars - goes wrong somehow, causing immediate geological catastrophe, and long term issues with the 'physics' of the local environment.

We can imagine the possible scenarios for an exotic problem at the Large Hadron Collider; Wormholes and the time / space anomalies that may remain even if the problem stabilised. Where exactly would magnetic north end up in such an aftermath? Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

That is fantasizing the myth of Atlantis.

We may as well speculate that atlanteans had webbed feet and the tv show the man from atlantis starring bobby ewing was in fact a tell.

But we don't.

There are plenty of real possibilities about Atlantis. I believe it was indeed a massive civilisation but was decimated by a volcanic eruption that blackened the sky and has legend to support it, and geographical evidence of such an event, in an area thought to be the location of it according to Plato.

But if nothing else, this thread proves that even if Atlantis was a thriving technological metropolis with technology and culture beyond our imagination, that nothing at all will come of it. For over 10 years, nothing.

It may be due to peer scepticism. Staunch science doesn't like cracks in the facade. Quick cement often hinges history together with faulty reasoning and a belief. In something. Be it the thoughts and concepts of a specific time frame and no one dare speak against trend, or an aeon old desire to be part of something more beyond the earthly realm.

Atlantis may or may not be in this article. Shouldn't be that hard to prove, but why would anyone I guess.

Sometimes the myth is far more interesting than reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I just cant figure out, how deep was the ocean "10 thousand years" ago? I mean the amount of water that rose SURELY conflicts the drifting continents theory?

or maybe the drifting continent theory argues that water couldn't have risen 600 feet (Suddenly).

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Originally posted by NeoVain
The obvious is lost on you i see.
Possibly, what exactly am I supose to be seeing?

I'll go ahead and ask as well, and parrot the question..... The previous videos seem to contain pretty much all the same content, different music, (which they could do without) and for the life of me, I'v yet to discern any Sphinx looking objects. I really have tried to see a sphinx or area large enough to contain one, but the only stuff I saw, had no protrusion that would indicate a head.

I'm not saying that these images are not credible or interesting, I'm just saying they leave a lot .....uh....something, something....lol. If someone has spotted a sphinx, please point it out
edit on 24-1-2013 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Although it would make sense for there to be some kind of wormhole/teleportation system around those parts because of the stories of planes and boats going missing.... it seems to me, after reading some replies that this story has been floating around for 10 years!!

I'd think by now that more proof would be available....

Are those photos for real?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
This is looking a wee bit dodgy! No other news sources are carrying this

I wonder why..

Oh! The world is only 6000 years old. Slipped my mind..

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
some of my friends in Yucatan comented that the areas close to the area are guarded by US naval ships,they dont know if those are navy or coast guard,but they say that the ships are always in patrol.........the locals are not happy....

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

Sorry to go off topic, but it's not just Americans who are looking into this. Researchers all around the world are searching for Atlantis.

But I do agree with other posters, who knows if it's Atlantis we found? We need to develop better machines to go down there and check it out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join